Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

You make me wanna die.

-Through Alexis’s Eyes-

For once since being made a vampire, I was cold. I heard Brian and Isabel talking about bringing me food and that did nothing for my ever present hunger pains. I was sure I was going to starve to death before they even got back. My skin felt like it was being electrocuted, and this tree poking into my back didn’t make me feel any better.
To make matters worse, I had emotions pulsing through me that didn’t feel like they fit into my current situation. It was fear, anxiety, aggravation. It made me think of Matt. Something must be happening, but I couldn’t even move right now, much less get up to go find and comfort him. Instead, I looked down at my legs, surrounded by dead leaves. I grabbed a handful and crumpled them in my hands and began crying, which was totally useless right now. But it matched the way I felt. I didn’t cry for long before my head shot up. My body felt warmer and a slight buzz tingled through my limbs. Matt was close.
I used every bit of strength I could to pull myself forward. I couldn’t stand, so on all fours I lifted my head and smelled for him. He was getting closer.
“Matt.” My hollow wispy voice called. I pulled one hand up to wipe at my stupid tears and when I looked up he was finally there and a rush of relief settled into my body. His huge arms were around me and his cheeks were brushing over mine. I latched onto his body and pushed myself as tight against him as I could get.
“Alexis, we have to--” He paused and turned his head up, smelling the air. He put me back down and the leaves crunched beneath me. “Stay right here.”
Okay, right, because I totally had something else planned.
Matt bolted in another direction. I didn’t want him to go far at all, as a matter of fact, I’d have loved it if he took me right the fuck back home. I’d even give up food to just go home right now.
My senses were awful at this point in time, way better than a human’s, but not great, even by regular vampiric standards. As the cool air coated the inside of my nostrils, a strange scent caused me to shudder. It was disturbingly sweet, but there wasn’t much of it. It was sweet enough to cause my mouth to water to the point it spilled over my lips. I was drooling, crumpled up on the cold ground like I was brain damaged. My stomach was grumbling which was a new feeling for this life. I propped myself up with one arm and used the back of my other hand to wipe the saliva off of my chin. I paused when a familiar scent danced through the air. No. Not now, no. It was then that I realized the heat and hum of Matt’s closeness to me had faded away and that a scent I didn’t want near me, was coming closer.

Thor grabbed my arm and yanked me up. I did my best to stand, but for some reason my feet wouldn’t even cooperate.
“Get up, Alexis.” He commanded.
I tried yanking my arm away from him, but I was too weak to accomplish this.
“No! Get off me!” My faint echo of a voice shouted.
He rolled his eyes and pulled me towards the direction he came from. I didn’t want to deal with him now. Especially not with the fear that was building in my stomach.
“Move your ass!” He said.
Apparently there was something he didn’t get about me not being able to move my feet. And apparently it irritated him that he was dragging me by one arm as I struggled to get up.
“Matt’s in trouble!” I told him, trying once again to yank my hand out of his grip.
He didn’t respond, and instead he stopped, wrapping an arm around my waist and pulling me up. I fought as furiously as I could, which wasn’t very. Matt was for real in trouble. The fear that reverberated through my entire body tried to pull me towards him. I wasn’t even sure what would happen if I could break free from Thor’s muscular arms.
My useless tears returned and I ignored them as I kept trying to free myself. It was pointless, really. It was like quick sand, the harder I struggled, the tighter he locked me to him. Sharp pain rang through my entire body and I screamed out. I needed to get to Matt. I had enough time to relax before it came again. I curled into the crook of Thor’s arm as the pain took over me. Whatever was happening to Matt was very bad, and it was hurting him badly.
“Alexis, stop it!” Thor commanded.
“Matt needs help!” I screamed. Surely he had to feel it. The only other option was that Thor was ignoring Matt just so he could control me. I didn’t like this at all.
I could feel his pain into my fingertips. I was crying hard now, the bloody tears stinging my eyes, and I couldn’t help but whimper and muffle my own cries. Matt needed me and Thor wouldn’t let me go. Why didn’t I use these special powers I supposedly had? I couldn’t figure it out.
A faint voice pulled me out of hell. It was Matt’s voice and it was a near whisper. He was calling my name. My eyes shot open and I stopped crying. Everything in my body shifted to getting me to escape or die trying. My eyes became hazy and my mind wasn’t working correctly. I looked down at Thor’s arms and using both hands, clawed at his flesh in opposing directions with all the strength I could muster. Thor’s arm shredded beneath me, revealing the bone underneath. He tried not to drop me, but he did and I used that chance to scramble to my feet. I was being drawn to Matt even if I hadn‘t wanted to be. I had no idea where he was before this, but somehow I knew where to go. My feet decided to work with me and I tried to take off, but as I began to run, Thor tackled me to the ground and tried to pin me to the ground. He would overpower me, but I couldn’t stop. My body was pins and needles as I tried to push his hands back. His bared teeth were in my face. As my hands clasped his tighter than I thought I had the strength for, the pins and needles were disappearing and were replaced by a feeling of an electric current through all of me. What could be happening now?
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the second chapter that I promised for tonight. :) Enjoy. Don't forget to subscribe.