Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

I hunt for you with bloodied feet across the hallowed ground.

Alexis’s hands clamped down onto Thor’s to the point her knuckles turned white. Thor knew what was happening next, and he knew if he was this close he could very well die, but pulling away from Alexis proved to be more difficult than he would have liked. Alexis’s razor sharp teeth bared back at Thor. He released his grip on Alexis’s hand and tried to pull away to show her submission, but she didn’t allow this. She stood steadfast in her determination to overpower him completely. Pushing herself up, she began to overtake Thor.
Thor wouldn’t look at her, so he didn’t expect how fast she would have him on his back. He knew Matt must have called her for her to be struggling this much, and as he watched Alexis shudder, he knew he must have called again. Trying to take this time to run away, Thor tried to wriggle free, but Alexis slammed him back to the ground. The older vampire finally caught Alexis’s gaze as she grabbed his thigh. His eyes became dull and a slight smile curved his lips up into a weak smile. Alexis’s face was hard and stern and with a slight twist of her frail looking hand, Thor’s leg snapped beneath her. She kept his gaze, and aside from a whimper, he showed no sign of feeling it much. Clawing at him, her sharp and strong fingernails ripped into the fabric and she kept twisting. The flesh was nearly tearing, but a more urgent call from Matt made Alexis’s eyes shoot back to normal. Looking back at Thor she backed away immediately and took another glance. Thor was losing a lot of blood, and his leg was only held on with a few arteries. As the sedative of Alexis‘s eyes wore off, his back arched high and he reached for his now withering limb as he cried out, succumbing to the pain. The veins in his body began bulging as the pain fired through him. Once more Matt called for Alexis, although it was a desperate near scream. Trying to shrug off the pain, she glanced at Thor again and turned the other way and began to run.

Alexis’s senses were a little bit heightened again, and she was running as fast as she could, although she would trip up here and there. She was covered in dirt and dead leaves from wrestling with Thor on the ground and her cheeks were still stained from her tears. As if on autopilot, she ran in the direction that she felt Matt. The forest rushed past her as she ran, and she watched as carefully as she could, leaping over fallen tree trunks. She needed to get to him fast or there might not be anything left to get to at all. Pain shot through her limbs at times and she would almost fly forward into the ground, but she was determined to keep going. Leaves were smacking her skin, but she barely felt it as she raced through unknown territory. She’d run so fast she could barely maneuver through the dense undergrowth, the tangled vines and roots ripping as her foot caught them. Matt’s pain and fear pulsed through her in time with how her feet were thundering over the damp ground, and it threw up an earthy, deep smell of decomposing plant material and here and there she could smell the rotting flesh of a large animal which caused her to gag as she ran.
Swinging off a tree trunk to make a sharp turn, bark splintered off as she kept running. Her breathing increased as she tried to fight off the surge of pain she felt from Matt. A stabbing pain in her stomach made Alexis fall to her knees as she was running. She let out a scream as she tumbled over the earth, trying hard to find something to hold onto. When she finally stopped, she allowed no time to recover, instead she jumped up and bolted forward again, pushing herself even faster. Eventually, the large ravine which cut across the vast land came into focus and she knew she’d have to jump it. Her feet kept a steady pace as she pounded over the landscape and towards the large crack in the earth. With extreme force, she launched herself mid stride into the air, nearly running through the air as she watched the ravine pass by under her. The ground began to come closer, and she rolled into a ball as she hit the ground again. Coming into a crouch, she didn’t hesitate to begin running again as she pulled in the cold night’s air into her lungs. Something was different. The sickly sweet smell came back, but as she ran, she knew that it was different still. It was sickly sweet mixed with a musky odor. It was like sweat, and rotting meat. It set in rather quickly as Alexis kept running as Matt again called for her, that she was being chased by werewolves. Looking behind her she saw 2 wolves with their green eyes glinting like jewels through the darkness. Taking in another deep breath she turned back around and again picked up the pace, her muscles burning as she heard the werewolves trying to catch up to her. The trees blurred past her as the she focused on the sound of the werewolves’ paws galloping over the earth. Loud snarls ripped through the air behind her, but she kept going, doing her best to not look behind her for fear of slowing down and being caught. The fear she felt from Matt was being intensified by her own now, and it nearly drowned out the pain.
Her feet matched the drum of one of the wolves’ and she tried to leap a little with each bound, trying to gain some distance. It was working until she slowed down, feeling the pleasant hum of Matt’s proximity pulling her to the left. As she slowed to follow the gentle tug, a wolf nearly snapped at her leg, its salivating mouth nearly slicing the tendons that held Alexis’s leg together. She gasped and began to run again, knowing Matt was close. The scent of vampire blood hung heavily in the air, causing Alexis to shudder. The sound of the werewolves’ paws hitting the ground became fainter and she looked behind her on instinct and they were gone. Whipping back around she panicked and began to let the tug of Matt’s call pull her where she was going. When she finally stopped dead, she wished she had never come. The blood was everywhere.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it kind of drags on. It's leading to something great, hopefully. :] Don't forget to subscribe. Enjoy!