Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

I felt the hate rise up in me.

Everyone stared at her for a moment, Brian was on the ground with an elf holding a silver blade to his neck. Brian took the time to swing out from under the blade and slam the elf into the ground, stealing the knife and plunging it into the elf’s spine and severing it. This set everyone back into a frenzy. Alexis grabbed a wolf off Isabel, holding it to her tightly and tearing off one of its legs. Isabel gave a relieved look to Alexis and ran off, jumping onto the back of an elf who was preparing to attack Johnny. She snapped its neck quickly and it slumped to the ground. Alexis continued ripping limbs off the wolf in her arms and discarded the body as it shifted back into human form, bleeding to death.
An elf came up behind Alexis, a silver sword raised to fight her. Alexis grinned and severed the entire hand, watching the sword and hand fall to the ground as the male elf looked at his new stump in shock. Alexis slammed her hand into his chest and pulled out his windpipe, blood coating her hands and making the fragile structure slip through her hand with ease as the male fell to his knees in front of her.
“Alexis!” Zacky called.
Looking over she saw a blade handle sticking out from Zacky’s chest. In an instant she was beside him and she took the blade and plunged it into a female who was cutting into Brian. The female shrieked and Alexis pulled the blade back out and slit her throat, kicking her to the ground.
“Thanks.” Zacky exhaled, jumping back up to grab the throat of a wolf who was getting ready to jump on Alexis.
She turned around and watch as Zacky kicked it and smashed its rib cage and dropped it, causing the wolf to whimper and howl lightly as it curled up in a ball on the ground and shifted into a human again.
Alexis’s muscles were like fire lashing out as she ran around. There was not much competition left. She spotted three elves trying to flee with Callie and Miranda and she bolted for them, moving so fast her feet barely touched the ground as she tore off all of their heads, their bodies twitching, headless on the ground. Their heads rolled off and Alexis kicked them back into the bloody battle scene. Callie and Miranda had long since split off different ways when they noticed Alexis coming.
She wanted to find those two female elves that had Matt, but she couldn’t see or smell them right now. Matt’s hum was still close so she knew he wasn’t far.
A small female ran up to Alexis and extending her arm, she blew right through the female’s skull and yanked her hand back, leaving a gaping hole through the young elf’s head.
Thunder bellowed from the sky and it began to pour down rain almost out of nowhere. Alexis bent over and her fingers curled as she bared her fangs and let out a near roar into the battle. Silence once again covered everyone. The vampires knew better than to meet Alexis’s eyes, but the elves and remaining wolves did not. The vampires had acquired some damage, but it was small in comparison.
The wolves nearly bowed in submission to Alexis’s gaze. Tucking their tails between their legs they kept watching her. The elves all had a dumbfounded look on their faces, mixed between happiness and numbness.
“Find the elves who took Matt and bring all three of them back here.” Alexis spoke, her voice nearly an echo as the rain pattered against the earth, and rustled the leaves on the trees.
In unison everyone split off, heading in one direction. Alexis stopped in front of two wolves who once again bowed before her. “Find me the blonde vampire female and the readhead vampire female and return them to me.”
The wolves lifted their heads and sniffed and bowed to Alexis once more before turning around and heading in the opposite direction then splitting off from each other.
“She can talk like this?” Zacky whispered to Brian.
“Of course she can. Usually they just don’t. They are relying on instinct when they’re like this, doesn’t usually require communication.” Isabel responded.
When Alexis whipped around, her eyes fell on her nestmates. She walked over to them and growled as she examined them. Brian was the first to go to his knees in submission. Isabel followed. Then Rev collapsed to his knees, and lastly were Zacky and Johnny. All bowed their heads and Alexis’s growls were replaced by a soft purr.
They all stayed with their head bowed until the sound of paws made them all look up, the rain dripping down their features.
Callie and Miranda were being dragged back by the wolves and they were screaming. The wolves bowed in front of Alexis, holding onto the girls who were trying desperately to free themselves.
“No!” Callie screeched.
Alexis stepped between the wolves and grabbed both girls by the necks and the wolves let go.
Alexis slammed Callie into Zacky and Miranda into Johnny.
Each of them pulled their children down to show submission to Alexis.
Miranda for once was fighting without help from Callie.
“I don’t care to submit to her! She’s not better than me!”
“She’ll fucking kill you!” Johnny hissed.
“Let her try!” Miranda whined.
Johnny pushed Miranda’s head down.
Callie just submitted, knowing her fate was already sealed.
♠ ♠ ♠
There MAY be another chapter released tonight. :) Don't forget to subscribe. Enjoy!