Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

She seems dressed in all the rings of past fatalities.

Matt’s body dragged behind Alexis lifelessly as she ran through the forest. Jimmy came up beside her.
“Alexis, please let me carry him.”
“No!” Alexis screamed with a broken voice. Her face was nearly completely red from her tears and the blood of everyone who died. “Don’t touch him!”
She wanted the help but her mind was jumbling her thoughts and she wished she had a moment to put herself together. She had killed Callie and Matt was disemboweled in her arms. She didn’t care what she was, this was absolutely horrifying. Her hands were covered in Matt’s blood as she struggled to drag him along as they all fumbled through the woods. No one had expected this and the confusion and shock destroyed their coordination.
“What the fuck just happened?!” Johnny shouted, still trying to brush all the pieces of dead creatures off of his bloodstained clothing.
“We won. That’s all that matters.” Brian said, moving quickly to catch up with Alexis.
“I don’t need your help!” Alexis said defiantly through her tears, her breathing deep and ragged.
“I know you don’t. But I’m here if you want it.” He said softly as she stomped forward.
“Why do we even fucking care what she wants! She just killed Callie! She should be fucking destroyed!” Miranda shouted from the back.
Alexis whipped around, Matt’s legs swinging with her as she held him tightly.
“FUCK YOU!” She screeched, her hands clawing into Matt’s body as anger rolled through her. Bits of stray flesh clung to Alexis’s hair, further adding to her disheveled and deteriorated appearance.
Miranda growled and prepared to strike when Isabel flew in front of her. With both hands, Isabel shoved Miranda back, sending her backwards through the air as Miranda flipped through the air.
“Now is not the time or place! If we don’t get Matt back quickly he’ll die! Now shut your god damn mouth so we can move!” Isabel spat, her words cutting through Miranda. Isabel had never used her power on anyone in the nest nor bossed anyone, so Miranda righted herself from the ground and stared in shock.
Alexis whipped back around and stomped off with Matt’s body again. She moved a little faster, although not any more gracefully.
Zacky looked over at Rev who shrugged and they moved forward, with Johnny trailing behind keeping a tight hold on Miranda, grabbing her tightly by the arm.
As the first signs of morning light began to shine through the pillars of tree trunks, Alexis looked over to Brian with a twinge of panic.
“You’ll be alright.” He nodded. “Do you want me to take him yet?”
Alexis shook her head and sobbed, her bottom lip quivering as she stubbornly pressed forward, readjusting Matt in her arms. The blood was making him slick and it wasn’t helping Alexis have a better grasp on him.
The only sound that rippled through the approaching morning was the sound of everyone’s feet and the Alexis’s sobs.
The light began to fan out a bit brightly, sparkling through the trees. Dew on the leaves and bark refracted the light and they shone like diamonds. Alexis tried to hold on, but her strength was rapidly fading. Unwilling to stop now, she clung to Matt even tighter. As her energy left her and she struggled with Matt’s weight, she began to struggle for breath as she once again shifted Matt. Eventually it became to much and she slowed down, slumping to the ground. Her tears even stopped. She was just too drained now. Looking at Brian, he pursed his lips and moved in front of her as her sobs turned to whimpers.
“Jimmy, will you take him?”
“Got it, man.” Jimmy’s tall, thin frame appeared and knelt down, scooping Matt’s larger body in his arms and pulling him up.
As Matt’s body left Alexis arms she growled and kept reaching for him, new tears budding in her eyes.
“Yeah let’s knock that the fuck off right now.” Jimmy said, not even flinching as he slung Matt’s carved out body over his shoulder.
Brian made a face at Jimmy, his mouth contorting with disgust. “Do you have to carry him like that?”
“Can’t really do any more damage, can I?” Jimmy retorted.
“Can we go or are we going to sit here and bitch all god damn day?” Zacky hissed, gesturing at Alexis who was balled up on the ground.
Brian rolled his eyes and bent over, scooping Alexis up in his arms.
“Alright, let’s get out of here.” Brian said, shrugging with Alexis’s limp body in his arms.
The pace picked up, all finally being able to run without Alexis’s determination to carry Matt, despite his large size slowing her down.
As they came into a clearing Johnny stopped.
“Do you smell that?” He asked.
Everyone else stopped and lifted their heads sniffing the air.
“It’s…Thor.” Zacky said, tilting his head to the side. He ran ahead and everyone followed after him towards Thor’s scent. It wasn’t far, but when they found him, his leg had withered away and was slowly growing back, but he had lost a lot of blood and found himself eventually unable to move while he healed.
“Leave him.” Alexis choked out.
Everyone looked over at her with a puzzled look on their faces. Thor was on the ground, his face filled with a begging look.
“Please somebody…” He said.
Brian looked down at him and paused for a moment. Locking his eyes to Thor’s, another look of disgust varnished his face.
“Fuckin’ leave him.” He said. Taking a few steps forward he began running. Everyone else gave him another once over and followed Brian’s suit. Thor would lie here until he was completely healed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I haven't updated in a long time! My work schedule has been crazy and my little brother is graduating high school soon, so we've been preparing him for college and trying to sort everything out. Enjoy. :)