Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

The unrequited dream.

That one, singular thud had slammed into Brian like a wall of brick. The slightly heated blood pulsed through him and he could feel it coursing through the tips of his fingers and his toes. Alexis could do nothing but watch his body slightly contort on the ground. He knew for sure that his heart had definitely beat.

He didn't know how long he had been out, but as he righted himself from the ground, Alexis was clearly already gone. Standing up, he shook his head quickly. He looked around still trying to get his head clear, but it wasn't working. Had they actually kissed? He wasn't sure. He was positive he had found her here and they had been here together, but that kiss was a watery memory and it was driving him insane. All he could do was drag himself back to the nest.

When he finally burst into the nest from the hatch, the only one there to meet him was Isabel who was pacing and buzzing with fear which pulsed through into Brian, making him flinch slightly.
"What did you do!" She hissed.
"Wait...what?" Brian asked. It was like a high, that heartbeat. They were always like a drug, and he cursed himself for his fuzzy mind right now.
"I told you to not go this far, and you did! You did something, you took it too far! I felt your pleasure and then you went black! What did you do!?" The questions flowed out of Isabel.
"I didn't...do...anything?" Brian wasn't entirely sure of what happened after he blacked out. Anything could have happened.
Isabel gave Brian a blank stare and then turned on her heels. "We're going to get killed, Brian. You and her...will get you and I destroyed!" She hissed the words, doing her best to keep quiet. "She's Matt's mate. You can't do this." Isabel ran her hands through her hair worriedly. No matter how she played this in her mind, it always ended badly, and always with someone dying.
"Isabel, stop. Where is she?" Brian asked, rubbing his forehead.
Isabel sighed. "Fuck if I know. She came through the door crying and laughing, I asked her what happened and she took off down the hallway."
Without hesitation, Brian took off down the hallway, leaving Isabel in her own fear. Half way through the hall, Alexis' scent overwhelmed him, and he followed it throughout the nest until he recognized where he was. Alexis was in her dressing room, the same room where he had first seen her before she had perfected.
This was where he hesitated. Standing there at her door, he considered turning around. He knew he probably should, but all he wanted to do was open the damn door and find out what was going on.
"Alexis?" He called. His call was met with no reply, but he could smell her inside. It gnawed at him that she didn't answer. She had started everything and now she was going to lock everything down?
He reached out and grabbed the handle of the door, and before he could turn it, something crashed into it from inside the room.
"Brian, no!" It was Alexis. Her voice was breaking, she had been crying.
He didn't hesitate again, and within a half a second he had opened the door and slammed it shut behind him. Alexis was crumpled in a robe on the ground, one hand covering her face while she cried, the other hand tucked between her legs.
"What the fuck is going on?" Brian asked. He would have been confused even if his head wasn't already in this fog. Taking a look around, the room was something of a disaster, with Alexis's crumpled body towards the wall.
"Brian, please go. I can't do this!" She gasped harshly, choking back a sob as her hand slid over her thighs and back between them.
In that moment, Brian's mind became crystal clear as it hit him what Alexis was doing.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry I've not been around! I've been trying to write, but I work so much and I've been making friends left and right. I've been working on a personal relationship with someone new, and that's been eating a lot of time. I'll post when I can, and I'm sorry this chapter kinda sucks. I'm gonna try to pump out one more before bed today. @.@ Enjoy sweethearts.