Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

Lost.

"To start luring, you need to pick a target. Look around. Who smells the best to you?" Brian whispered into Alexis's ear.

Her eyes scanned the crowded room as she brushed her ear gently across Brian's lips.

"The tall brunette guy in the back. He smells like oranges."

"Keep your eyes on him." Brian kissed her ear. "When possible, lock your eyes with his. That's what starts it. Lock your eyes to his and hold his gaze as long as possible. The longer you hold it, the easier things will be."

"How do I do that?" Alexis asked, looking over at Brian, whose small lips were curled into a slight smile.

"However you want."

Alexis nodded and looked around the club. She was shocked Brian agreed to take her here, given their lack of self control and her youth. Everyone made her hungry and if it was possible, she wanted to enjoy the activity she never got to experience in her human life.

Listening to the music, it was almost so loud it hurt and she cringed.

"Your music is better." Alexis told him inaudibly.

Brian smiled and laughed, leaning back on the booth. "You liked it, huh?"

Alexis smiled back. "Of course I did."

Brian's eyes went up and seemed vacant for a long time until Alexis followed them to a small blonde girl who was staring just as hard at Brian.

Finally Brian's eyes came back to Alexis and he smiled. "Good. I'll play for you more then."

"Did you...was that it?" Alexis asked him.

"You mean did I just lure her?" He whispered. "Yeah. That was it. You want to try?"

"Yeah." Alexis found a new determination to start being a vampire who could actually use the powers they were created with. "How will I know if it works?" Alexis asked quietly.

"You'll know and he's been watching you so you could try now." Brian stroked the side of Alexis's arm softly with his thumb.

Alexis looked around and finally spotted the man who smelled of ripe oranges, and sure enough, he was staring at her. She locked her eyes to his and it took a moment before it felt like her mind had been weighted. She felt it behind her eyes, a heaviness and she knew she had the kid.

"Keep it, Alexis. He's yours. Make him feel it. Think it."

Alexis could move the heaviness, like a hook, and she curled it into the man and finally released it when it looked like he might start drooling.

"I didn't even know we could do that!" Alexis said grinning at Brian who was pleased he finally got to teach the ability to somebody since it couldn't be his own creation.

"You can make them do whatever you want, Alexis. If you get them up close you can make them do whatever you want." Brian said, smiling back at her.

"We can?" She asked in disbelief.

"Yeah. I'll show you when we get these people out of here."

As Brian finished his sentence, a man came up to the table. He was clearly drunk.

"Hey, my name's John." He said, his eyes struggling to stay open as he put his hand to his chest. "And me and my friends were just wondering if you..." he started laughing at his friends. "We were wondering if you were down for a gangbang. You could bring your boyfriend, and he could watch." He finished his sentence and started laughing again.

Alexis looked at Brian and rage filled her. She jumped up and was ready to rip this douchebag to shreds.

Brian got up and put his arm in between the guy and Alexis. Watching Brian's face his eyes became intense. Finally Brian smiled slightly and lifted his chin a little. This guy seemed dazed and his mouth hung open.

"Can you hear me, you disgusting piece of shit?" Brian asked the guy.

Alexis watched the guy nod.

"Yes, sir."

"Good. Listen closely. When I let you go, you're going to apologize for being so offensive and rude to this woman. You realize that she's far too beautiful and respectable for you to treat this way, and you will apologize profusely. You will go over there and tell your friends after you've apologized, that you made a mistake and you will never do this to another woman again. Got it."

"Yeah..." The guy said dopily.

"Good. Now apologize." Brian said, stepping back and sitting back down in the booth, a smile on his face.

The drunk guy turned to Alexis and got down on his knees. "I am so sorry for disrespecting you. You are a gorgeous woman and what I did was beyond uncalled for. You deserve so much better than anything than I could ever offer you, and whatever I could do to even begin to make it up to you, I would gladly do a thousand times over."

"Get out of my face, for starters, and don't even look back at this table." Alexis barked and within seconds the guy was scurrying away to his friends who looked shocked and confused.

Alexis's eyes came down to Brian and she studied him. He was clearly amused with himself.

"Can we step outside?" Alexis asked.

"Sure." Brian said, once again scooting out of the booth. Alexis took his hand and led him out the back door, past the smokers alley and down the road a bit.

"What the hell was that?" Alexis asked sharply.

"I told you we can make them do whatever we want. You didn't know that? You did it to Thor, although you were doing your Originals thing." Brian laughed at her.

"Yeah and it wears off after my eyes go normal again. How do I do that, Brian?"

Brian sighed and his hands went up into Alexis's hair and tugged on the loose waves before looking away and back.

"Call your food." He said.

"What?"

"Recall them. You got him. You can think of him, and he'll come. Tell him it's time for him to come, and he'll find you."

Alexis furrowed her brow and sighed and though of the brunette man who smelled of deliciously sweet oranges.

"Alright, now let's find a place to eat." Brian said, taking Alexis's hand and heading down the road until there was a silent alley.

Within a few moments, both the blonde girl and the brunette guy came walking down the street.

They both looked confused and lost and unsure of why they were there.

"Alexis, come here please." Brian said over his shoulder.

She stepped up to him and he put her in front of the guy.

"Remember how you lured him?"

"Yes." Alexis responded.

"Do it again."

Alexis locked her eyes to the man's shade of green.

"You've hooked him, right? You feel that heaviness?"

Alexis nodded, not taking her eyes off the man who looked like a vulnerable animal.

"Make it as deep as you can. Dig deep, and once you've hit it, tell him what you want him to do. Ask him anything and he'll tell you."

"You do it first, so I know what to ask." Alexis's eyes were digging deep into this guy and once again the doped up look returned.

Brian turned to the blonde and looked into her eyes. Once he got what he wanted he sighed.

"Can you hear me, lovely?" He asked her.

"Yeah." She said, smiling.

"Good girl. Tell me, did you drive here tonight?"

"No, I took a cab." She said softly, staring up at Brian.

"Did you come with anybody?"

"No, I met up with some friends. They left to go do some coke with this guy, I don't know if they're coming back."

"Good girl. Now do one thing for me."

"Anything."

"Sit here quietly. You aren't scared, you're just with some friends, but you're just sitting happily and quietly. No need to talk, you're happy to stay silent. Nothing is disturbing to you. You are completely relaxed and you worry about nothing."

"Okay." The girl said with another slight smile.

Brian released the girl and she smiled at him, and he led her to the edge of a crumbling back step to sit down before he came back to Alexis.

"Your turn, dear." He said, kissing into Alexis's hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
Damn, it's been awhile!