Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

Chapter 5

Alexis’s consciousness was barely there. It felt like a dream. She was only getting fragments of what was happening before there was nothing. When her eyes opened next, she was on top of Matt, who was sitting up. Her arms were wrapped around his shoulders and she had her fingernails dug into his flesh. There was a deep rumbling, but she wasn’t exactly sure who it was coming from. His arms were around at her, half pulling her forward and half pushing her away at the same time.
“Alexis…” he started to say.
He had no time to finish. Alexis bit into his throat.

Blood. So much blood. Pulses of pain mixed with waves of pleasure. Their skin was slick as their bodies moved in rhythm with each other. Both were covered in wounds that had bled profusely and as Alexis was below Matt now, licking the blood off of his neck and jaw line, he bucked his hips into hers. If there was any doubt they were having sex, it was gone now. On instinct she gasped with a slight moan and her head went back as she exhaled. Matt took the moment to grab a handful of her hair and pull her head back farther before he bit into her neck again, licking deeply at the seeping wound. The arms Alexis had wrapped around Matt filled with tension as her fingers curled and her fingernails dug into his flesh. When he thrusted again, she moaned loudly and her fingernails scratched across his back before blood filled the wounds and dripped down his back and sides. He growled menacingly then smashed his lips to Alexis’s and when their tongues met, each tasted their mingled blood. The last thing she remembered was loud growls reverberating through her, but again she didn’t know who it was. Their lips parted and the last thing Alexis remembered was both of them continuing to lick each other clean of blood.

Matt’s eyes opened immediately and the remaining blood on his body had dried. Alexis was perfectly clean again. He didn’t leave one drop behind. It had still held a small fragment of her human blood and even though it was more like his own blood than human, it took everything in his power once he had made her bleed and tasted her, to not kill her.
For all intents and purposes, Alexis was dead. It was day time, and until she was completely perfected, she would not be awake while it was light outside. Well that’s what he had thought and known until she had risen to mate with him while it was still daylight hours. The only part that surprised him was that she was awake during the day. The unperfected were never able to do this, as far as he understood. But the sex, well, blood lust and regular lust were so similar that the difference often became lost, even to the perfected like himself.

You could watch the final stages of perfection even with human eyes. Since this was the final day she would be perfecting, this was the day that the most noticeable changes happened. Matt hadn’t seen this in a long time, as he only made one other, and that had been male. There was no mating then, either, so this time he guess he could add another plus. Matt looked over, propping himself up on one arm to watch. Alexis’s skin was no longer gray, but looked closer to the one she had before she died. It wasn’t as dark, but she would still look…Matt struggled to think of a suitable word. Radiant was what he finally decided on. Everyone always thought they’re supposed to be pale. Everyone also thought they were dead. Neither assumptions were necessarily true. Within the following hours, her body was a perfect hourglass and her body became firm. Her hair became glossed, and her lips were almost invisibly fuller. Matt watched as even her eyelashes lengthened. This was what it took for her to be perfect, and it wasn’t much from what Matt had seen. Even his own transformation was more drastic than hers. This was the last stretch. Sundown was close; within 30 minutes or so and now was when her muscles became truly reinforced, which would allow her the full speed, strength and agility of their kind. This was a subtle change and a human could probably not pick up these changes.

Every muscle in Matt’s body tensed up and he became uneasy and restless. Something was about to happen. He just didn’t know what.

Alexis’s eyes shot open. It took only a fraction of a second for Matt to trump her speed as she headed for the door. Catching her in his large arms, she fought against him and won. She tackled him to the ground. Her strength was incredible. She was a newborn and here she was able to tackle a vampire 500 years older than her, and practically twice her size, to the ground. Matt grabbed her wrists and flipped Alexis so she was on her back but she growled and pushed him up, baring her fangs at him. His eyes widened when he thought he saw something. Alexis in an instant slammed him into the wall and in an even shorter time, he grabbed her throat and threw her to the ground. She was up almost too fast for Matt to even see clearly and pulling him by the back of the neck she flung him to the wall, and caught him before he hit, pushing him to the carpet and kicking him over and leaning over with her hand at his neck. She growled and again, Matt thought he was going crazy. Surely she wasn’t.
“Alexis, look at me!”
She was hardly able to fight it, but she looked at him. Her memories finally caught up to her. She pushed herself up and off of him. She practically flew to the bathroom, flicking the light on and she began to examine herself in the large mirror.
“What…what am I?” she looked over at the large man then back at her reflection. Everything up until now was so hazy she barely remembered.
He stepped into the bathroom and walked up to Alexis, running his fingertips up the back of her arm and over her shoulder. Lightly gripping her chin and turning her face to him, he used his thumb and pushed the corner of her top lip up. She had two fangs there. On one side. He only had one on each side. He released her lip and put his hands on either side of her face.
“Look directly at me.” He told her, staring straight into her eyes.
Moments passed. Alexis’s didn’t worry. Something about being close to Matt kept her calm enough. Slowly the blue faded away from Alexis’s eyes and turned into a pale glowing yellow and the whites of her eyes darkened. Matt ripped himself away and almost laughed. He smiled and his cheeks dimpled which almost made Alexis smile herself.
He wrapped his arms around her and kissed her forehead. “You are more amazing than anyone thought.”
Alexis was distant from the hug. She wasn’t entirely sure what was going on. When Matt turned she stepped forward and caught his hand, clinging to it. He wasn’t mean, and she didn’t recall him hurting her. He looked back at her and smiled widely, gripping her hand in his.

They ran quickly out of the room and up the stairs but stopped when they reached the large living space. It was vaguely familiar, but Alexis couldn’t really place it, even though it had not been long. She looked from Matt, whom she was admiring, and out seeing 4 other men, and 3 women in a line staring.
“She perfected well.” A blonde woman said. Her arms were crossed.
A petite woman with stick straight brown hair smiled at her, again she seemed vaguely familiar, but who was she?
“Even better than we could have expected.” Matt smiled and tugged on Alexis’s arm and pulled her forward. “She’s an original.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I am really pissed with Mibba.