Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

Heretic

"You realize that by telling her that, you could escalate the problem instead of helping it?" Johnny sat at a conference table with Rev and Zacky. Brian hadn't sat down, instead he shifted his weight from foot to foot with agitation.

Alexis had locked herself in her room and refused to come out, even refusing Brian entry.

"Maybe Callie was right. It's bullshit after bullshit since she came into the picture. Sometimes I wish we could just destroy her and end all the damn drama.." Miranda said meekly.

Isabel and Brian's eyes shot to her quickly. Everyone else just took her comment in stride.

Brian leaned forward to the table, the tips of his fingers pressed against the table as if it were hot before he planted his palms down. He licked his lips and glared at Miranda.

"What exactly would fucking improve if she were gone?" He asked her. "Matt's attitude? Doubtful." Brian stood back upright.

Rev sighed and crossed his arms, kicking his legs up on the table, his cheeks puffed up as he exhaled, his eyebrows raised into an unreadable expression.

"Brian has a point. If she was removed from the picture, Matt would probably be way more pissed than he is now."

Zacky had healed almost completely in the past few hours.

"Not to mention she's stronger than us simply because she's Original." Zacky said nonchalantly.

Isabel slammed her fist on the table, a gesture which surprised Brian. "Are you honestly entertaining the idea of destroying her? That's a non-option! Matt would know and we'd all die for that."

Isabel's outburst had startled the group, and they all looked at her in shock.

"How would he know?" Miranda asked.

"Miranda, as much as I know you don't like the tension, Isabel is right. Us destroying her is a non-option. We do have another chance though." Johnny said.

Brian and Isabel shot a glance at each other.

"What option?" Rev asked, picking at a thread on his jeans.

"We'd have to wait for him to destroy her." Johnny said carefully.

Brian pursed his lips and his eyes narrowed.

"Eventually Matt would probably get paranoid to destroy her just because he feels like she's disobedient. Perhaps even we could coax another nest into--" Before Johnny could even finish his sentence, Brian had flipped the entire table, causing everyone to fly back against the walls.

"Johnny, you know Matt would NOT ever destroy her. Since it's me he thinks she's cheating on him with, he'd destroy me before he destroyed her. You know that's the fucking truth." Brian stepped up to the shorter man.

"Brian..." Isabel urged Brian to calm down.

He merely held up his index finger to her. "Furthermore, Johnny. I remember you being the biggest supporter of having her in the nest. Saying that 'Originals form strong bonds within their nests'. You even pointed out examples of Originals nesting with demons. I fucking remember that. I'm sorry you don't. I find it funny you're advocating for her destruction now."

"Yes, Gates, but if you recall, that was before she caused a bunch of chaos for all of us!" Miranda hissed.

"Have some sympathy for the girl. She was literally ripped away from everything she knew. Most of you had the choice, or just didn't mind. She didn't get to choose anything. It's going to be a long road for her to be able to adapt to how things work here." Rev said sincerely. "Johnny when you made Miranda she broke out of the nest so many times and kept bringing back her bodies. Do you remember when she was only 5 years made, she destroyed the newborn of another vampire who then waged a near war on us in retribution? You have selective memory. So do you, Miranda."

Brian tilted his head smugly, the look on his face adding to the smugness.

"Look, it was...intriguing to discuss, but I think the possibility of Alexis being destroyed by anyone in this nest is slim to none. Nor would it do us any favors. Let Matt deal with her. He'll either get her in line or she'll run away. We know what happens when he fails." Rev glanced to Brian, who honestly took no offense to the comment.

"He's back by the way." Brian said, shoving Johnny back.

Miranda straightened Johnny back out and clung to his arm.

It took only seconds for Matt to come to the room they were in. Upon seeing the flipped table, and sensing the tension in the room he sighed.

"What the fuck are you all fighting about?"

"Yeah, Johnny. Why don't you tell him your suggestion." Brian smiled evilly, turning to face Matt.

Everyone's eyes widened in fear. Brian had turned on them, and he grabbed Isabel and wrapped his arms around her shoulders, gently, but firmly.

Matt's eyes followed Brian's movements before looking back at Johnny, who was obviously fucked.

"I...uh..." Johnny looked at Zacky who raised his hands as if to clean himself of the situation.

"Spit it out right now." Matt demanded, shifting his weight to the other foot, his large frame blocking most of the door and preventing any sort of escape.

Miranda glared daggers at Brian who just grinned in return.

When Johnny wouldn't speak up, Matt put his hands behind his back and faced Brian.

"Brian, if you don't mind."

"Well, we came down to have a discussion about why you've been seemingly upset lately. Miranda made the lovely comment that she wished Alexis was destroyed. Johnny then proceeded to suggest that we wait until you get pissed enough to destroy her yourself, and if that didn't work he suggested we seek out another nest to do the job." Brian feigned a sense of loyalty to Matt.

Matt's eyes sharpened and he looked down, licking his lips before he stepped to Johnny and Miranda. "That true?" He asked softly.

While Matt's back was turned, Zacky and Rev's eyes looked at Brian in disbelief. Brian just shrugged.

"I can explain." Johnny said weakly.

"So it's true?" Matt asked with a smile.

"Y-y-yes..." Johnny's voice was even weaker in preparation for the imminent punishment.

"Brian." Matt whipped around. "Did Zacky or Rev agree with him?"

"Zacky just reminded them of her strength, and Jimmy was against it outright. Asked them to show her some pity because she had zero choice in joining us."

"Thank you." Matt turned back to Johnny and Miranda with another smile. He closed his eyes and called for Alexis silently. She came quickly, but sauntered into the room slowly in a nightgown and lace robe that skirted around her feet.

Quickly scanning the room she didn't even look at Brian for fear she'd later arouse suspicion in Matt.

"Alexis, I would like your help." Matt said, turning to her.

"With what?" She asked calmly.

"Turns out Johnny and Miranda have been discussing destroying you."

Alexis's eyes shadowed as her pleasant expression became dark and angry. "That's not surprising. At least not from Miranda."

Matt laughed. Alexis noticed he looked remarkably better since he had fed.

"The thing is, dear...you are a part of this nest, and I do not tolerate hatred of nestmates here." Matt's eyes glanced back at Johnny and Miranda who knew what was coming and were trying to back away in fear. Matt whipped around and grabbed them both, holding them in front of him. "How would you like me to punish them?"