Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

Sh, be quiet. You might piss somebody off.

Alexis's eyebrows raised and a smile came to her face. "You want me to decide?"

Matt smiled back at her. "I do."

A moment passed as Alexis took a moment to go through several scenarios. "What's the limit?"

"Well, I'd like it if I didn't have to destroy them, but the choice is yours. There is no limit." He told her, his arms constricting around Miranda and Johnny as they began to squirm in fear. A small chuckle bubbled from Matt's mouth.

A fraction of a second later, and Alexis had closed the gap between the three and herself and was now baring her teeth at Miranda who shrank in fear. Alexis merely stared her down before letting her face come to an agitated rest. "I think it's her fault. Her and Callie always had it in for me, and I think she's poisoning Johnny with it. Let's start with her."

Matt growled into the side of Miranda's face. "I think you're right. Let's start with her."

"Take her outside. I want to destroy her." Alexis's voice was dark. "I want her to see how easy it will be for me to end her."

Matt's eyes widened in surprise, but after awhile he shrugged. "And Johnny?"

Silent for another moment, Alexis smiled. "I've got plans for him. Take them outside."

"Alright." Matt said. "We'll meet you outside?"

"Yes. I don't want to get blood all over my clothes. I'm going to change." Alexis said, turning on the balls of her feet and walked out of the room.

"Matt, please, have some mercy!" Johnny begged.

"Did either of you show mercy for her?" Matt hissed. "No. So tell me why I should pity you."

Brian let go of Isabel who quickly ran out of the room without saying anything. Matt did not pay attention to her, but now Rev and Zacky were staring at Brian, silently berating him for starting this. Brian knew what he had done, and was confident despite the looks he was getting.

"Let's go." Matt said, dragging Miranda and Johnny through the room. Miranda screamed at the top of her lungs and began kicking furiously to get away, but Matt was much older and stronger than she was and he had no trouble keeping a hold of her.

"You can dish it out but you sure can't take it, can you Miranda?" Brian taunted.

"Gates, shut the fuck up!" Johnny growled.

Matt just laughed. "He's right though, is that what's pissing you off Johnny?"

By the time they got outside, Alexis had changed and was waiting patiently with a smile on her face, Isabel by her side. Matt dragged the two other vampires out of the hatch, kicking and screaming.

Rev quickly shot out and ran to Alexis. "Don't do this. They're too young and stupid to understand."

Alexis just looked up at him with a content look on her face. "Don't worry."

Isabel ran up to Brian and whispered something to him before turning around to face everyone else. Brian's face said he was surprised, but not unpleasantly so.

Alexis walked over to Matt, Johnny and Miranda. "Here's the deal. If you can hit me, even once, I'll spare your life. I'll let you keep your miserable existence. However, if you fail, I'm going to destroy you."

"Only once?" Miranda asked for confirmation.

"Just once."

"You're going to use your eyes on her! She can't win if you do that!" Johnny shouted, causing Matt to constrict his arm around Johnny so tight that he could no longer draw in air to speak.

"To give her a better chance, I won't do that. I've already compromised in not destroying her outright." Alexis reassured him. "Will this do?" Alexis asked Matt.

"Absolutely will." He said, his arm uncurling from Miranda's body and shoving her forward to face Alexis.

Nodding, Alexis took a few steps back and turned around so that her back faced Miranda. "My back is turned. Go for it whenever you're ready. You have 10 minutes until I destroy you."

Miranda was reluctant, and tried to get into a crouch ready to lunge at Alexis.

Zacky had his back against a tree and crossed his arms, amused.

Brian was staying close to Isabel while Rev came up beside them. Matt kept his arms firmly around Johnny.

After a minute passed Alexis chuckled. "You're running out of ti--" Before she finished her sentence, Miranda had lunged at Alexis. With blinding speed, Alexis turned and caught Miranda, breaking both of her arms and forcing Miranda to her knees. Alexis stood behind Miranda who was on the ground, one arm crossed over Miranda's shoulders and the other curled around Miranda's head. "I lied. I think I'll destroy you now." She said.

"NO!" Johnny shouted as Alexis began twisting Miranda's head from her shoulders.

Alexis looked up at him and grinned before looking back down at Miranda who was shrieking wildly. Alexis's eyes flickered and an evil look overcame her face, as she ripped nearly half of Miranda's neck from her body.

Alexis was fighting the urge to destroy her and was growling but finally her eyes turned back to normal and she kicked Miranda to the ground before crawling over top of her. "Next time you talk of destroying me, I'll finish the job." Alexis stood up and brushed herself off, looking up at Matt as Miranda laid on the ground, panting.

"Good girl." Matt praised Alexis before looking down at Johnny. "Now you know how we have felt. Think twice before you open your fucking mouth." He said, throwing Johnny down to the ground with Miranda. "Personally, I think she was too lenient with you."

Alexis came up to Matt and whispered something to him and Matt looked at her and nodded.

"We are done fighting each other. Forever. If you aren't for everyone in this nest, you are for no one in this nest. I need you strong. I need you to be a fucking group, and if you can't, I will start ejecting you. No more of these secret talks of destroying each other. No more. It's over." Matt said to the group in general before watching Alexis smile and retreat back into the nest to clean the blood from her hands.

"You knew that she wasn't going to destroy her, didn't you." Rev whispered at Brian without facing him.

"I did." Brian laughed softly before heading back into the nest with Isabel.

Rev and Zacky talked to each other for a moment before heading back in themselves, leaving Matt, Johnny, and Miranda the only ones left.

Johnny helped Miranda up and they began to walk to the nest.

"Ah-ah." Matt said. "She got her punishment in, but don't think you don't get to answer to me."

Johnny looked up at Matt cautiously as Miranda was crying and bleeding in his arms.

"You are not coming back into the nest tonight. You are out for the day. Come back tomorrow night." Matt told Johnny.

"Matt, she'll scar if I don't get her to ground before the sun comes up!" Johnny pleaded.

"Better get digging. The sun is almost here. You got about 10 minutes til sunrise." Matt laughed.

"So you're going to let her scar?" Johnny asked in disbelief.

"Yeah, and if there's a problem, you should have thought about that before you and her ran your fucking mouths. See you tomorrow, Johnny." Matt said, leaving Johnny to panic as the first light began to peak out from the horizon.