Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

The Chase

"Why would you taunt me like that?" Alexis asked.

"Taunt you?!" Matt asked back, his eyebrows raised in confusion. "That's what you do, Alexis. It's who you are. Your type is known to do exactly what you just did. Why the fuck would I be taunting you when you know how proud I am of what you are?"

"Because I don't like it, Matt. It was awful. She felt everything, I didn't even numb her at all." Alexis swallowed hard, somehow feeling incredibly dirty. Despite her parents' trying, Alexis had never been particularly religious but right now she felt like the worst kind of sinner. In this moment, she was thankful she was immortal, because she couldn't ever face God with this on her hands.

"Like it or not, you're only a few months old, you won't have control over your jealousy. Or your anger. That's going to happen. Don't delude yourself like your fucking buddy did into thinking you can avoid it."

Alexis stood up and rubbed her forehead. "Matt, I didn't like...feed from her. I am used to that and I can live with it. I can somehow throw them away but I killed her for sport and there is a fucking difference."

"Alexis, she was nobody. Why the fuck does this eat at you so bad?" Matt stepped forward and put his hands on Alexis's shoulders.

Originally, Alexis was impressed with how linear and progressive her thoughts were. When she was fresh out of ground, she was impressed that there was hardly any jumbling thoughts, and that she could, in effect, have 3 trains of thought going at once without them getting scrambled or one thought interfering with another. But now, she could hardly find the words to speak. She felt evil, and cruel and everything she never wanted to be. In her heart she knew Brian would be disappointed and disgusted with the way she had callously disposed of one of his past lovers. A human lover at that.

"Where is...where is Brian, I have to see him..." Alexis tried to walk around Matt, but Matt held her in place.

"What the fuck do you need to see Brian for?" Matt was honestly confused at how upset Alexis was.

"I need his forgiveness...I need him to forgive me for killing her." Alexis looked up at Matt, and her entire face bled desperation and guilt.

Matt laughed in shock. "You need Brian's forgiveness? For the love of Christ why the fuck would you need his forgiveness?"

"Because he cared for her and I...I killed her, and I was a monster about it. She thought...she thought we were going to have sex." Alexis laughed softly. "But I ripped her apart." Once again, Alexis tried to push past Matt. "I need Brian, Matt. I need him."

Matt pulled Alexis in close. "Alexis, you're drunk. I think you had more of her blood than you thought. Let's just lay down. Brian can forgive you later."

"He's going to be so mad..." She was so out of it she merely let Matt lead her to the bed.

Laying her down, Matt arranged Alexis's body, trying to ignore the fact that she was worried about what Brian would think of her.

"He'll probably be disappointed, but I've never known the man to get 'so mad'." Matt pulled off Alexis's shoes and tossed them on the ground, deciding she would be okay to sleep in her clothes.

"No!" Alexis kicked Matt away from her and jumped up so fast Matt didn't even have a chance to hit the ground before she was out of the room.

Matt looked over to where the door was when he heard Alexis scream.

When he got up and walked over to her, she was holding her wrist with the other hand, and her furious eyes were intensely focused on where Matt now stood.

"Silver." He told her, his eyes shooting to the doorknob that had been replaced.

"I fucking know what it is." She hissed.

Taking a step towards her, his eyes gleamed and a small grin spread across his lips. "Not as much as you will."

Alexis's head tilted to the side in confusion. Her hand throbbed and sizzled. Why was Matt being so threatening now? He had never threatened her with violence. "Give me one reason I shouldn't end you."

That made Matt laugh. His broad shoulders rose and fell slightly. "Because if you end me, Thor will end your little buddy, Brian. How would you like that as the outcome of your little liaison?"

Alexis's eyes widened with fear.

"Oh yes, Alexis. You think I couldn't smell the stink of that dump Nikki and Andy live in?" Matt said. "I arranged for Brian to be taken care of after that. I arranged the outing we had tonight. Was a perfect opportunity to snatch him."

Suddenly, an instinct drove her to a need to get herself out of the nest. She must figure this was what Nikki was talking about. That she'd know what to do and where to go. Nikki was communicating with her although she knew he was still far away, just by the slight prick of his blood pull on her own.

Quickly, Alexis ripped off her own shirt and grabbed the handle of the door, but had no time to turn it before Matt tackled her to the ground. He was growling, and seemed rabid. He was so angry and his eyes said so, as much as his snarls. Alexis tried on her own to get him off, and finally gave up on wrestling him off her and let her instincts take over, her vision going black for a half second before coming back up. Despite knowing she was her most powerful, Matt continued to wrestle her on the ground. Alexis was kicking furniture across the room, even when she was pinned to the ground. Screaming, Alexis pushed Matt up and threw him across the room, grabbing her shirt again and flying out of the door and down the hallway. She was halfway up the stairs when Matt grabbed her legs.

Turning around harshly, Alexis hissed. Matt did not back down, and instead climbed up Alexis's body, hoping to pin her again.

"You want to know another secret, my darling Alexis?" Matt said, his rumbling voice right next to Alexis's ear. "They've got little Isabel as well." He chuckled a little.

Enraged, Alexis pushed her hips up and flipped Matt over and sat on his chest, ripping her hands out of Matt's grasp and putting them on his throat. "If she is dead, you will die."

Matt laughed once more before Alexis twisted his head around, snapping his neck. He fell limp, and he would soon heal, but this would give her some time to get away.

Running back up the stairs, she made it to the community space where Jimmy sat on the couch, smoking a cigarette. The hatch was already open and waiting.

"Good luck, little duck." He said with a small laugh. Alexis looked at him and sped out of the hatch, kicking it closed behind her to at least put one more obstacle in Matt's way. It was only seconds before the hatch was kicked back open again and Matt came flying out of it.

Alexis let her body carry her where Nikki's blood pulled her. It was so slight she was worried she might lose it, but she didn't.

She had been running for several minutes when Zacky's scent appeared behind her. She didn't fear it, since she knew Zacky could never catch her. When Johnny and Miranda's scent appeared, she started to worry about what would happen if Matt caught her. She was sure she could get away from any one of them on their own, or any two together. Depending on which 3, she might be able to get away even then, but she had no idea if she could fend off all four of them.

This fear only bolstered her body to go faster. Her legs felt like sparks, flicks of energy pushing her forward, but after so long, she worried those sparks might go out and she would falter. She would have no more energy to sustain her. She hadn't really fed tonight and certainly not on blood that was in suitable condition to be converted to energy she could use.

Running faster, Alexis looked behind her and immediately rolled to the ground as Matt flew over her, mid leap. Alexis then popped back up and went around him, once again increasing her speed even though she was sure that this would be the last time she could do so before she'd have to let herself lose herself in her own natural abilities.

Suddenly, Thor's scent emerged and she knew it was now or never. She had to go. Before she could even call forth the powers, Thor was in front of her.

"Well hello, dear Alexis." He said.