Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

Disgust

"He made someone else, Brian!" Alexis shouted, taking her clothes off for bed. "It's been 3 months and he's made more than one other, actually. He's trying to make another one of me. He disgusts me!" Alexis threw her shirt to the ground.

"I know he does." Brian said softly, kissing Alexis's shoulder. "But I half expected him to do such a thing. I told you. He was so proud to have made you, and he probably won't stop until he makes another. Which could be in a year, or...god, maybe a thousand years."

"Do you think we have a shot at winning?" Alexis asked cautiously, wiggling her pants off.

"If you listen to Amy, and she can teach you what she knows, then I would say we have more than a shot. Without her we have 3 originals, and if she stays, we'd have four. Half of all of them left. I only wish Matt didn't know she was here."

"I'll make sure he won't make anyone ever again. I'll take his fucking head off, Brian. I swear, I'm going to do it myself. For all the misery he put us through. All the pain. I want him dead. And Thor...that old son of a bitch. Cut your fingers off and killed--" Alexis cut herself off and grumbled.

"Hey." Brian called from the bed. "I didn't lose any fingers forever. It could have been worse."

"Don't you even minimalize it. Don't fucking do it. He led me out, led us all out, so that Thor could snatch you and ugh, poor Isabel, and kill you both. If you minimalize it, if you make it less bad than it was, you can whittle it down to nothing and forgive them for it, and while you might, I promise I will never." Alexis turned to the bed and climbed in it with Brian.

He reached down and pulled her up to him and wrapped his arms around her and kissed her cheeks repeatedly. "You do fight for what's yours, don't you?" He asked smiling.

Alexis wrapped her arms around Brian and he pulled the blanket up over her. "Yes, I do. And since it seems they want a fight, I will give them one."

"But you miss him." Brian whispered. "I can feel it."

Alexis sighed and blinked away tears. "The cruel motherfucker. I hate him. I hate everything about him."

"But he made you, and you miss him."

"Yes." Alexis stopped herself from crying. "But I have you and if I had him, I couldn't have you, and I'd miss you a hell of a lot more."

"I know." Brian kissed her and pulled her on top of him, one arm around her waist and the other over her back and in her hair. "That will go away in time, I promise."

Alexis put one hand on the headboard and pulled Brian forward with the other, running her hand down his back as she lightly kissed his neck. "Not soon enough."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this was super short. I stepped away from it for a few hours and when I came back to it, I really didn't wanna finish writing the smut. I like the lack of it, although there will be at least one more explicit scene for Brian and Alexis before the story is over. I just haven't been in the mood to write a ton of smut and I feel like too much of it detracts from the actual story.

This entire story is also a first draft. I'm considering adding to some chapters, cleaning some things up, and posting it on the A7X fanfiction site where I will update it as well.