Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

Fire that burns and never dies

"Brian, how ever unsettled you might be I don't think you need to make her more so by being freaked out when she comes back from her time with Amy." Nikki said nonchalantly watching Brian pace back and forth across the room.

"If she comes back." Andy quietly added on, flipping through pages of a book, his leg crossed as he sat in his chair.

"Andy." Nikki's tone scolded and Andy responded with a slight shrug.

"It's not me! It's her! She must be flipping the fuck out because I am not sure how I even feel right now." Brian stopped and rubbed his forehead before turning on the ball of his feet to face the other direction.

"She's wary of Amy?" Nikki asked.

"She's wary of everyone, Nikki. Everyone. She woke up and met 9 new people and she had died and been turned into something she thought didn't even exist, she met another and he starved her to near insanity and then the ones she actually started to trust turned on her, others died. Yes, she's extremely wary of Amy."

"Good." Nikki replied "That fucking bitch. Acts like the whole god damn world should bow to her fucking feet." He muttered.

"Well, Alexis doesn't bow. So if she expects her to, there's a problem. She didn't even bow to her own fucking maker."

Andy smiled and stifled a laugh. "She wants his fucking head now and in time I'm sure that girl will have it."

"She does and doesn't." Brian replied coldly, so anxious he could have jumped out of his own skin.

"What do you mean?" Nikki looked up rather ominously, brushing imaginary hair and dust off his pants.

"She misses him."

"Of course she does. That's her daddy." The tone of Nikki's voice was too understanding.

"Don't say that." Andy slid his hands over his eyes and sunk into the chair.

"Whatever. My point being every child wants their parent to love and take care of them. She's allowed to want that. But does she think she could have that? Will she pursue it?" Nikki finished.

"I don't even know! She's really upset over Isa..." Brian stopped for a moment and frowned. "She's upset over what happened to Isabel and I don't think she'll forgive him for that."

"Speaking of which...do you plan on telling us what happened when you were there? What they did to her -- Isabel? To you?" Andy now looked up with a pressing look on his face.

"I'd really...I would rather not." Brian tried to be as polite and patient as possible. "Alexis would tell you, I'm sure. I told her but I won't speak of it again."

"Understandable."

Brian sighed and rubbed his face before everyone's eyes shot up. Someone had entered the nest and they knew it was an original from the lack of scent coming in. Alexis finally burst through the door, her hair blown in all different directions.

"There are hundreds of them!" She panted.

"Hundreds of what?" Brian said, quickly holding her and brushing the hair off her face.

"He made a ton of new vampires! They all did! There's so many. They must have all made like 5 at a time every day! Is that even possible?!" Alexis stepped back from Brian before turning right back to him and grabbing his hands. "Hundreds, Brian! Hundreds! And he has more vampires coming! What are we going to fucking do?!"

"Matt and his nest have hundreds of new fledglings?" Even Nikki's eyes were wide with the implication of that.

"Yes!" Alexis put the back of her hand to her mouth. "How many more are they even going to make? Thousands?! We're fucked!"

"Calm down." Brian said. "Amy showed you what you need to know, right?"

"Yeah but...I don't know if it would work. I don't know how powerful I can be..."

"Very, if she taught you what I think she did." Andy commented.

Nikki sighed. "He's fucking desperate. Where did Amy fucking go?"

"She left! Told me we need to clean up our own mess."

"Why am I not surprised?" Andy laughed again looking over at Nikki who was rolling his eyes.

"No matter we won't need her. If we can come up with a strategy that makes everything fall into a way that puts things in our favor we can massacre all of them in minutes. But we'll need to be fast about it and things are going to fucking get messy. We're gonna have to go the god damn mile for this one."