Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

My serpent blood can strike so cold

"Please, Alexis, don't. If you cry, if you get upset, he fucking wins." Brian pulled Alexis into his arms and ran his hands over the top of her head and rubbed his cheek to her forehead.

Alexis looked up at him harshly. "Cry?!" She scoffed. "I'm not fucking sad! I'm fucking pissed! How desperate can he fucking get?"

"Zack said that Thor told Matt to find something you wanted more than Mr. Gates here so you'd come back." Jimmy commented, leaning up against the door frame.

Nikki's eyes widened and then went back to normal quickly. "Pathetic."

Alexis's mouth pulled up into a scowl and she grabbed both of Brian's wrists so she could step away from him. "It's time for him to fucking die."

Brian's grip only tightened and he held onto Alexis, one hand on each side of her head. "Don't make rash decisions right now. He's already done it. You can't help them and he's the only one who can do anything for them right now."

Alexis's hands shot up to Brian's face holding it tightly as she kept scowling. "He is looking for something I want more than you, Brian. Well I'll tell you right fucking now that there's nothing I want more than you anymore. I've burned every fucking connection I have made to any one else in this life or the last for the sake of having you. I've suffered huge losses. You've suffered huge losses so that this could even fucking happen. I would not go back to save my fucking parents. They wouldn't know me anymore and I can't fucking face them after I've done the things I've done. But how far is he going to fucking go in his pursuit to get me back? He's going to make more vampires. Who knows how many more? And I would bet everything we've managed to gain that he would fucking kill you. You made me swear to kill them. You made me swear. Do you remember?"

"I remember." Brian conceded. "But," he continued. "is your plan just to storm in there and kill them all when they're down for the day? There's too many of them. Zack seems legit. Wait for him to tell us what's happening before you make a move and get yourself overwhelmed and god forbid, killed."

"You tell Zacky..." Alexis stepped back. "I want back in. Tell him I want to go back." Alexis turned to Jimmy. "Go and tell him!"

Nikki sighed. "Alexis..."

Her head whipped towards him before she brought it back slightly to look at Brian who looked very obviously disappointed.

"No. You can't talk me out of it. If I'm back there what do you think he'll do with that fucking army? He'll kill it since he can't fucking sustain it." Alexis looked firmly at Brian whose eyes were showing less disappointment. "Fuck it. I'll torch this snake's nest before it comes out of the fucking ground."

Nikki and Andy exchanged glances with each other, Nikki's arms crossed over his chest and his most swung open in a half smile.

"And what's your plan if you fail while you go about torching that snake's nest?" Andy teased. "It's highly likely if you fail you lose everything. Are you prepared to lose everything? If not your own life, would you wager Brian's life on it?"

Alexis's already discontented face became shadowed. "At some point all of our asses will be on the line. Most people would prefer to die in their sleep, wouldn't you say? If you don't want to join me, that's fine but I will still do it without you." Alexis was quiet for a moment, but roaring. "You expect me to wait on fucking Zacky's ass? One of two things will happen. He'll either sell us out and we get fucked or we wait for the fucking battle to come to us when we're the ones unprepared."

It was like a Mexican standoff the way the guys all looked at each other. You could almost hear their thoughts. Brian was so against taking the risk now, Jimmy would rather avoid the whole thing and Nikki and Andy were sure that even now there was a minimal chance they could win. But Alexis did not back down. She would have blood for this one.

"I'm leaving. Whoever follows me is more than welcome." She finally said, whipping around on the balls of her feet.