Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

Not ready to die

After a month, Alexis still had no word, and nothing had progressed any further. She added 2 more wolf packs to her assembly of wolves, but she had no idea the numbers Matt had and pissing off every Alpha for the next 4 states didn't sound like a plan worth the trouble.

Alexis sat quietly on a couch in the study, her mouth covered by fingertips, eyes lost somewhere.

"You have to eat, Alexis. You're turning gray." Brian whispered gently, stepping behind the couch and running a fingertip smoothly up the side of Alexis's ear. "And these are getting just a little pointy."

"How can I be hungry when every day I have to consider every possible outcome?" Alexis reached up and grabbed Brian's hand, kissing the palm before laying her cheek in it.

"What do you mean?" He asked, stroking her cheek with his thumb.

"He's going to kill you if I can't stop him." Alexis whispered sadly.

Brian stopped and came back around the couch and sat next to Alexis. "You're not the only one that's trying to keep that from happening."

"Are you sure?" Alexis's voice cracked, sounding a little hollow. She cleared her throat. "It feels like I'm the only one who cares if you survive this."

"I'm not afraid to die, if you're worried about that."

Alexis smiled nervously and shook her head before she looked up at Brian, eyes watery. "I've decided I'd go back before I let him do anything to you. If he caught me and you were dead, I'd...I just...I couldn't manage it."

Brian's face fell and he put on a sympathetic look and hugged Alexis tightly. "It won't come to that. I'm right here. I'll always be right here." Brian knew it was likely either way it was sliced, if Alexis was caught and Andy or Nikki couldn't intervene that he would be either captured himself or killed and there was a possibility for both. "Hey, cheer up. Everything's gonna work. We have Nikki and we have Andy. But I don't know how you plan to help much if you unperfect."

"Good point." Alexis dried her tears on the back of her hand.

"Yeah? Let's get something into you and see if that clears up your head any."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Anyone smell appealing?" Andy whispered.

"All of them, honestly." Alexis was so caught up at how good this club smelled to her at this moment, she couldn't hone in on any singular person. There was an undertone in the place that she wanted but she couldn't figure out who it was coming from.

Nikki laughed. "It's the guy in the back talking to the group of other guys. He smells like...pineapple? Mixed with some sort of citrus? Hard to describe."

"Pineapple?" Alexis asked, contorting her face.

"What's that face about?" Brian asked.

"You've not heard the rumor about what pineapples do to the taste of--nevermind." Alexis said nervously, cutting herself off as she stood up in order to hopefully make eye contact with the kid.

"Taste of what?" Nikki asked Brian, confused.

Brian covered his eyes with one hand and sighed. "You know...a man..."

"A man what?" Nikki prodded. "I don't understand."

"I think it might involve fellatio." Andy said.

"Yep." Brian interjected, his eyes wide open in awe of how awkward the conversation was becoming.

When Alexis came back from requesting the DJ play a song for her and hooking her dinner, she sat down and looked at Brian who looked flabbergasted.

"Now what's that face about?" Alexis teased, looking at him oddly.

"You don't get to start awkward conversations and leave me to finish them is what this face is about." Brian told her.

"Why was it awkward, Brian? Do we not all have seed?" Nikki asked.

Brian gave Alexis a pressing a look which made her laugh and press her forehead to his.

"You'll be okay."

Brian smiled back at her and shook his head. "I don't know about that."

As Alexis was still smiling, she turned her head and immediately her eyes widened and she started shaking.

"Alexis?" Brian asked, looking behind her before his eyes widened too.

"Not this idiot right now." Andy sighed, throwing his hands onto the table as Nikki grinned at the sight of Matt walking through the door with Johnny, Miranda, Zacky and a skinny young boy with shaggy dark curls.