Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

On any given day, I'll take it all away

Alexis kept her eyes on the table as Matt hovered over it.

"May I dance with you?" He asked, almost amused.

"No, but you can fuck yourself." She blurted in response.

"Why are you even here?" Andy asked sharply.

Alexis finally looked up at Matt. He looked smugly content.

"Wanted to scotch some rumors." He said, scrunching his face a little with a smile.

Alexis looked over at Brian and sighed before turning back to Matt and putting her hand in it as he pulled her up.

"Didn't think it would be that easy." Matt grinned.

"If we weren't in public, I'd probably kill you." She said, letting Matt lead her to a dance floor. She watched the others take their seats anxiously at a table across the room.

"Who's he?" Alexis asked about the new guy before rolling her eyes as Matt pulled her body closer to his than she would have liked it.

"Well he was one of the kids we found to turn. When we turned him, he ended up being better adapted than the others. Good kid, name's Arin. Of course you'd know that if you hadn't left."

"You act like I had no reason to leave one more time, Matt and this is over and I'll be leaving. Why are you fucking here?" Alexis hissed into his ear as he held her.

Matt sighed. "Zacky. Has he come to you? Is that how you knew about your parents?"

Alexis shot her eyes over to Zacky who was looking around and fidgeting nervously. "No." She looked down. "No, Jimmy told me and he never told me where he found it out."

Matt smiled a dimpled smile at her and nodded. "I could forgive if he told Jimmy. But if I found out he was telling you anything..."

"He wasn't, so your threat is empty. Anything else?" Alexis shifted her weight to the other foot and let Matt rock her to some stupid country song.

"Thor told me an Alpha werewolf who was indentured to him has gone missing and the pack will no longer allow him into the territory."

"Ain't that a bitch." Alexis spat.

"For him, yes. But I wondered if someone would be clever enough to have found that out." Matt's voice deepened.

"I wasn't, but thanks for giving me some ideas." Alexis lied, bringing her eyes to Matt's. Her look was stern and he smiled back at her.

"You can lie while looking right at me." A small laugh escaped Matt's lips before her grabbed Alexis's throat. "It won't be long now, my dear. And I'll fucking take away everything you thought you ever had."

Brian jumped up quickly, almost knocking a table over. Andy and Nikki soon followed.

Alexis held up her hand and grinned at Matt. "Or is it going to be the other way around? You have no idea what I'm capable of, and you will pay for what you have done and Thor will not be safe either. I promise both of you owe me and when you choose to take me back, I'll make you wish you'd never came out of your fucking nest. That's a promise."

"Is it...?" Matt whispered, his thumb now stroking across Alexis's bottom lip slowly.

Alexis put his hand down and turned her back on him. "Soon, Alexis. You think you have any idea? You have no clue." Matt threatened.

Alexis didn't even turn around, just opened her arms and walked to Brian, embracing him and pulling him into her, her lips meeting his. After the initial shock that Alexis would be ballsy enough to tempt Matt into starting something now, Brian quickly wrapped his arms around her, one hand in her hair, the other on her hips while they kissed, his eyes on Matt who looked expressionless but was internally brimming with rage.

When Alexis stopped, she turned to Matt and smiled, pouring salt in his wound as she sat down. She looked over at Zacky who looked terrified. He immediately stood up, grabbed his jacket and began to leave. Alexis distracted Matt by staring at him, repeatedly coaxing the rage out him to no avail.

"Where is that one going?" Nikki asked about Zacky.

"Wish I knew." Alexis muttered.

"Andy?" Nikki asked.

"On it." He said, standing up and stepping out from the table, to follow Zacky.

"You are determined to make him self destruct before he can even do anything to you." Nikki laughed at Alexis.

"If it were possible, I'd love to."