Status: I'm a horrible updater.

Bat Country

To End the Rapture

Alexis laid quietly on the ground, nearly shivering for a moment. Everyone else was silent minus Brian's now dwindling sobs.

Inside it felt like she was being stabbed with needles and she wanted to throw them up. But instead she rolled over and picked herself off the ground, just barely glancing at Matt whose eyes were wide with fear.

Her mouth was dry, and she felt unsteady on her feet as she straightened herself out. "I would like to go home now..." She nearly whispered.

Nikki, who was holding Brian steady just nodded and appeared by her side. "Well then home we will go." He said gently to her, lightly stroking her hair.

"What the fuck was that?" Matt muttered.

Nikki glanced down, but said nothing before lightly helping Alexis forward. "Andy, do you have him? We're going to have a hell of a mess to clean up after what you did, we need to get back quickly and figure something out."

"Yeah, I got him." Andy said, helping Brian to his feet.

"Alright then let's go." Nikki said.

After awhile walking, Alexis looked over at Brian and reached for his hand and he took it delicately and quietly.

"Where is he?" Nikki looked over to Andy.

"Should be here somewhere." He replied coolly.

"He's about a mile ahead. Fresh water. He's in my spot." Alexis grumbled.

"Who?" Brian asked her.

"Zacky."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What do you mean she transformed?" Thor asked.

"I don't fucking know. She just fucking did. Into this fucking creature. I've never even seen something like that. Is that even possible?" Matt paced back and forth through Thor's nest, running his hands over his hair.

"I thought I knew about Originals. Apparently I don't. I mean there's rumors that females have extra powers, but I've never heard anything about transforming."

"Well, she did! So if that's not a thing they do, then we've got a real fucking problem!"

"Relax. You've got numbers on your side. How many do you have altogether?" Thor crossed his arms and turned around, his head down in thought.

"I don't know. I've lost track of them. 500, maybe more. But we have another problem."

"You know you keep saying that. What could possibly be the problem now?"

Matt was quiet for a moment. "She has the wolves."

Thor turned around slowly. "She has the wolves? How many?"

"I don't know. At least the pack you had, I'm sure of it. But she might have gotten clever and gone after several. In which case she may very well have taking the upperhand away from us."

Thor took exhaled deeply and angrily. "It's time. We're going to collect everyone we have and we're going back to your nest. Within two days you need to make your move. I don't think they'll be expecting you so soon."

Matt nodded. "Alright. Let's go."

After settling all preparations and getting close to Matt's nest, it had been several hours. But as they approached the hatch Matt and Thor both stopped at the acidic smell of vampire blood.

"No fucking way..." Matt said quickly ripping the hatch up and dropping into it. Thor followed and they both landed into the communal area and stopped. There was blood and guts and considering how full the nest had been, it was almost empty. Johnny whipped around and Miranda had a tear stained face.

"All of yours survived. But they killed every single one of the others." Johnny said, his arm around Miranda's shoulders.

"Wh...what do you mean they killed the others?" Matt asked with a quiet rage, his face turning red as he stepped towards Johnny.

"I mean when you were talking to Alexis, Zacky left. Maybe you didn't catch the one Original guy, but he went after Zacky. They're all dead. Yours are here, but probably only because they didn't want you to know what they were doing."

"Your plan is already failing! All those people died for no fucking reason now!" Miranda blurted.

Matt's face was cool for a moment until it contorted into a snarl.

Thor was almost smiling. "And if she has those wolves..."