Status: Active

She Killed My Brain

- It's Hard To Explain

I just kept my head buried, just trying to not look and face what was going on behind me. I didn't want to think of anything that was happening. I was just trying to blur it all out, and just focus on Jimmy holding me, believing everything's going to be alright.
______________________________________________________________________________

I saw nothing but black and I wondered what happen. I felt something warm and I knew I wasn't at the hotel. I slowly rose my head up to see what I was on. I saw Jimmy with his head to the side, eyes closed, mouth slightly open. I blushed and turned my head to see where we were.

"OH MY GOD!" I screamed. I didn't realize how close I was to Jimmy's ear. He let go of me and put his hands on the ground. He just stared at me, and all I could do was look at the sand, ocean and trees around me. "I was hoping this actually didn't happen." I didn't speak as loud, I was too shocked.

"You scared the fuck out of me. I know I haven't been asleep that long." I looked up at the sky and realized that the sun was slowly starting to set, so I began to freak out.

"What are we going to do? It's almost dark!" Jimmy looked in my direction and saw the sun settling. He got up and stood by me.

"We're going to have to go get some wood, some rocks, and bring the boat over here for some shelter."

"What the hell do we need rocks for?!" This was no time for him to be fucking joking.

"To make fire..." I eased a bit and realized my stupidity. And then my second thought was, 'how the hell does Jimmy know how to make fire?'. I snapped out of my thoughts and went to look for wood and rocks. I went off and saw Jimmy trying to tug the boat over to where we were before. I felt like I should help, but I probably wouldn't be much help. I gathered my rocks and sticks and headed over to where Jimmy and the boat was. I laid out the gatherings on the ground.

"Here you go, is this enough?" I asked. He stared at them. It made me nervous.

"Yeah, those are fine. Let me just prop this boat up and we should be ready for the night." He was adjusting the boat trying to get everything organized. I didn't know what to do, I've never had to deal with anything like this before.

"How do you know how to do this, Jimmy?" I mean, I had to ask. He looked up at me and smiled.

"I used to be, kinda like a, boyscout." He giggled. I mean, that makes since I guess.

"I'll just take your word for it." I giggled to him. He started a fire in a mater of seconds. We just didn't have anything to cook, but we did have snacks. I still wondered how we were gonna get out of here, would people come back soon? Would anyone realize we were gone? Jimmy was putting his hands close to the fire. It was hot enough to not need any fire, but with us being close to the ocean, it would get cold at night. I got up under the boat that he had propped up. I got comfortable and laid my head against it. I didn't want to be on this island, it scared me. I don't want to die like this. Jimmy was making his way around the fire to where I was. He popped a seat beside me.

"We'll be okay Nattie, I have a gut feeling they'll come back and find us. They usually come here a lot right? They have tourist shit here." His way of looking at the bright side of things made me feel better, not too long ago he was against everything about coming here. And he was right, we should've have because of the weather. I needed to listen to him.

"I should've listened to you Jimmy." I had to be honest.

"Yeah, you should've" He giggled "It's okay though, we can trust me next time." he patted my head. I laughed at him. I stared at the fire not knowing what to do next. Jimmy was taking everything so lightly, it was weird. I laid my head on his shoulder. I felt him tense up some.

"I don't know how to feel Jimmy." I don't exactly know where this was coming from. "I feel like, I don't know. I don't really know what I'm talking about." The fuck, What am I saying?

"Huh?" I heard his confused voice. I can't explain it right.

"I don't know, like I said. I'm confused about Danni. Where did he go with her." Being out on this island has certainly made me go into depression apparently. I haven't thought about Danni that much until now. I haven't talked to him, I don't have a cellular device. And neither does he. sigh.

"Don't worry about Danni, Nattie. You're suppose to be having fun on your summer break. I know, I know. You're stuck here with me. But we can still have fun!" Jimmy was starting to get excited for some reason, I don't know what he's doing.

"Of course I'm having fun with you Jimmy! I just worry about him, since well, he's my boyfriend." I've been having too many mixed emotions about Danni lately. I don't want to talk about him, then I do. It's fucking weird.

"Don't let him worry you. I, for sure, will not let that happen!" He tackled me into a hug, I hugged him back.

"No, it's hard to explain. He was fucking mean at one point, I can't forget that. But, I've been with him ever since I was 14. You can't just let something like that go." I laid my head on Jimmy's shoulder while he was still hugging me. He let out a sigh.

"He didn't do you right, and it doesn't matter how long you two have been together. Don't stay just for the memory of him." That hurt. I wasn't staying for the memory of Danni. I still loved him...I think. How can you let something go when you've been together for so long? This made me tear up.

"I'm not staying for the memory of him, I'm staying because there's something there..." Jimmy pulled away and looked at me, he stared. I was just tearing up right in front of him, not because of what he said exactly. But, because I'm staying with Danni for some reason. Somethings there, I'm just not sure what it is. Maybe it's nothing at all and I just think there is. Fuck, I don't know anymore.

"I remember how you were when I found you at the lake. All torn up over him, I didn't like seeing you like that. It made me want to go fucking shoot him in the head." Jimmy's face tensed up.

"I, I don't know." I wanted to slowly start easing off of the subject. I don't want anyone being mad for any reason. I lie back on the boat again, as I did earlier and just stared at the fire. My eyes should be burning off, slowly dripping out of the sockets. I glanced my eyes over to Jimmy and saw him staring into the fire too. sigh, again. I started to curl myself up in a ball, trying to figure out how I'm going to sleep comfortably. I kept moving myself around, not being able to get situated at all.

"You can lean on me. No, I'm not breaking into song here." I looked up and saw Jimmy smiling at me. I returned the smile and accepted his invite to his warmth, comfortable body. I snugged up and he wrapped both of his arms around me. "We can keep each other warm, and we can both me snuggled and comfy." I smiled at him and laid my head on his chest. He was very warm, I felt like I was melting into his chest. He smelt like sweat and salt water, but he felt amazing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I haven't wrote in awhile, I know! I just don't want to write if I don't feel like I have anything in mind worth reading. I hope you like the update and where this story is going. ENJOY!