Status: Writing in progress

Lingering Kisses

Burn

Charlie curled up in her bed, she sobbing was loud enough to be heard outside of her room. Riley, Anna and Tyler were all staring the her bedroom door. Anna frowned as their landlady's sobs grew louder. She hasn't opened her door since she got back yesterday.

The memory of Paul and the woman with him, kissing was etched in her head. Whenever she closes her eyes, it's all that she could see. It was painful.

"Charlie, open the door. It's me Chuck!" Her head shot up when she heard Chuck's voice. She immediately wiped her tears away and breathed in, then opened the door. "So, you've been cooped up in here since yesterday, huh?" Chuck suddenly walked in without even waiting for Charlie's approval or invite and locked the door before the others could come in.

"Let's leave them be." Riley said to the two teenagers.

Chuck sat down at the edge of the "Riley told me that you two saw Paul getting hot and heavy with some blonde chick, is that right?"
Charlie nodded as she frowned, "Yea, I'm such an idiot. I didn't even try to hear him out." she said. She knew that there was something odd about the kiss but her heart couldn't bear the pain at all. "Don't let it get to you. Hear him out but let the pain subside for a while. Talk to him." Chuck said as he stretched out his arms to hug his little sister. Charlie couldn't help but cry again. She just buried her face in his shoulders. "There, there. Let it all out, sis."

♥♥♥


Paul stared blankly at the painting that hung on the gallery wall. He sighed softly and tried to think of ways to explain and apologize to Charlie but his thoughts were interrupted by an annoying person once more, it was Sam.

"Paul, I knew you still love me. Come back to me, please?" Sam went straight to the point. Paul just stood there and kept snickering, "Wow, Sam! You're really gonna play this 'come back to me' ploy, huh?" he said.
Sam suddenly glared at the young man and huffed, "She's not gonna love you like I do. That girl ran away because she can't trust you." she said.
Paul began turned around and walked away from the boasting blonde woman, "I know all about your plan, Sam. Let's face it, you broke up with me because you found another man who's richer than me and when his company went bankrupt, you're now running back to me, am I right?"

Sam stared in shock at what Paul just said. He left her dumbfounded in the middle of the gallery.

♥♥♥


A few days later, Charlie sat in her office chair from morning 'til afternoon. She didn't eat nor took a break. It seemed like she was over-working herself just to forget what she saw a few days ago.
Her trail of thoughts on her work was interrupted when someone suddenly knocked on her door, "Can I come in?" She suddenly stopped when she heard this familiar voice asking her. A familiar figure stood by her office door and she gasped, "Uh... sure. What did you want to talk about, Paul?" She asked.
Paul walked towards her and grabbed her by the arm, then without a thought, he kissed her. She felt him leaning in to deepen the kiss but she struggled under his touch but quickly got into it as well. When they parted, she breathed in for air and slapped the man. Paul just stared at her with such concern in his eyes and he didn't flinch when he felt her hand across his face. He didn't care if she wants to hurt him, "I'm not sorry because I kissed you. I'm sorry because I made a mistake by not telling you that she came back and wants to hook up with me again." he said.

Charlie groaned and frustratingly sat down on her chair, "God! It hurts you know that... w-when I saw that-- that bitch kissing you, it fucking hurts. Every time I close my eyes, I see you walking away from me... and I don't want that. I can't bear it. I keep on telling myself that I don't love you anymore... but if I don't love you then why does it hurt? Why?" She covered her face with both of her hands. Tears kept streaming down her face and she couldn't stop it at all. Then she felt Paul's hands gently caressing her cheeks and she just cried, "I love you and that's all I want to do, Charlie." He said.

She stared at him for a moment and stood up once more. Paul wrapped his arms around her waist and her arms went around his neck, "I love you... so much."
♠ ♠ ♠
She finally said it!