‹ Prequel: Just The Way I'm Not

Painting Flowers

Chapter Three

Jack pulled the door to the bar open and walked in instantly smelling the familiarity of their favorite bar. The smoke and smell of alcohol mixed together along with the voices and noise from the tv. It was the only place All Time Low band and crew ever went to when they were home. All one of the members had to do was text everyone saying ‘let’s go out tonight’ and they all immediately thought of Thames Street Pub.

“Yo Jack!” Flyzik yelled above the noise in the pub and he looked over in the general direction where he thought he heard the voice come from and scanned the faces. He soon saw the tour manager standing waving his arms above his head and Jack nodded once in his direction and pushed his way through the crowd

“Freaking finally,” Their manager muttered as Jack rolled his eyes and gave him some sort of weird one arm hug that all guys gave each other since they were too cool to actually hug normally.

“Shut up, I hit traffic. You were the one to send the text fifteen minutes before you told everyone to be here. You know it takes at least 20 to get here from my apartment on a good day.” Jack replied as he went around saying hi to everyone else.

He didn’t feel that bad about being nearly fifteen minutes late. In reality no one was actually going to be there on time since everyone lived farther away than Jack did. The only actual people who were there on time were Alex, Zo, Jeff, and Flyzik, and Zack, who had just walked through the doors and was looking around for them.

“Alright, shall we play a credit card roulette to see who’s paying for the first round?” Flyzik asked once everyone was there. They all agreed stealing Alex’s stupid grey beanie that he always wore and they threw the cards inside.

One by one cards were drawn out and the last two cards left were Alex and Danny’s. Jack wiggled his fingers in the air being the next person to pick since they passed the hat around the table so each of them could pick one out and he tried to prolong his turn as long as possible to piss the two boys off. Finally he reached in and grabbed one closing his eyes and pulling it out. When he opened it he glanced at the card and smirked as he handed it to Danny meaning Alex was the one to pay.

Alex groaned as he took his card and then pulled his beanie back on before grabbing Jack’s sleeve and pulling him through the crowd so he could help him bring all the drinks back. After they placed their freakishly huge order, Jack leaned against the bar and waited for the bartender to finish getting everything. Once he did, they walked back over to their table and passed out the drinks putting all their glasses in the middle of the table to toast to the beginning of the tour.

They were all packing up and leaving the next day to head to Japan and start off their tour through Asia. It had been a while since they were there and since they had just come back from the UK, they had decided to continue the international theme and have some shows out there that time too. So this was one of their last times they would be home for a while again and they were all with family and friends they were going to leave behind so they were soaking up the last few hours they had left before they had to leave.

As the night went on, Jack made sure to not drink too much since he knew he was going to be the designated driver when everyone called it a night. He knew for sure he was going to be driving Alex home that night alone with Vinny and probably Danny too. Flyzik and Zo were probably also going to end up being drivers so he wasn’t all that worried about the others. Usually those three were grouped together and they took turns driving and it so happened that that night was Jack’s turn.

Not that he was upset about it. He really didn’t want to have to deal with a hangover while flying for God knows how long later the next afternoon. Flying with a hangover was the worst and he looked forward to making fun of the rest of the guys tomorrow when they were stuck with the effects of the night while flying. But knowing them they would probably all end up spending most of the flight sleeping.

When it was finally time to call it a night, Jack took Alex and Vinny out to his car helping them inside and telling them that they were as good as dead if they puked in his car. Vinny just laughed at him and started to poke and annoy him next to him as Jack began to drive back to the merch guys place. But after dealing with it for so long, he wasn’t that bothered anymore and usually dropped him off first so he didn’t want to punch him.

Alex was usually a quiet drunk once he got over the initial hyperness and got off his high. So by the time he dropped off the merch guy, his best friend was all but asleep in the backseat. When they got to his place, Zo was still out and he helped him inside the apartment and onto the couch before going back to his car and heading back to his own place.

When he got there, he sighed in relief as the door closed behind him and he kicked off his shoes before heading down the hall to his room and pulling off his shirt and slipping on a pair of sweat pants. For a moment he thought about doing a little more packing before he went to bed when he glanced at the half full bag in the corner of his room. But then dismissed the thought and crawled into bed and let himself drift off to sleep.

~*~

The next morning, he woke slowly trying to remember what had happened the night before. He knew he hadn’t drank that much, but for some reason he felt groggy and weird. He just shrugged it off and forced himself to wake up a bit more as he stretched lazily and yawned.

Then he realized that for some reason everything was muffled. The only reason he knew he yawned was the fact that he felt himself do so and could feel the noise of it go through his chest. But he figured he had put earplugs in the night before without remembering. It had happened before since sometimes the kids in the apartment next to him got loud and he had trouble sleeping.

He opened his eyes blinked a few times to allow his eyes to adjust to the light in his room before he pushed himself up and out of bed heading down to the bathroom. Flicking on the light, he went over to the toilet to pee and when he stood in front of it and pulled down his pants, he realized he was missing a vital object in order to pee.

Staring for a few seconds, he closed his eyes and shook his head before opening them again and looking down. But came to realize it had the same result. He started to panic a little and he suddenly realized there were two bumps on his usually flat chest and felt himself start to breathe a little heavier as he touched his chest and realized he had boobs.

Totally forgetting about the fact that he still had to pee, he pulled his pants back up and then looked around the bathroom to realize that it wasn’t even his proper bathroom. Ok something really weird was going on and he was starting to get a little freaked out. He rushed over to the mirror and nearly passed out at what he saw in the reflection.

Turning his back to the mirror, he took a few more deep breaths and tried to calm himself down. This had to be a dream. This all just had to be a dream. Somehow his brain was coming up with this random idea and was now messing with him. He really must have had more to drink than he had thought the night before and was now paying the consequences. That was the only logical answer he could come up with.

He opened his eyes once again and was about to turn back to the mirror to see if his brain was still playing tricks on him when he stopped himself. What if this all wasn’t a dream? What if this was actually real and what he was seeing in the mirror was reality and something strange actually was going on?

It was too much for him to handle and he forced himself to stop thinking for two seconds and turn around. Biting his lip sharply, he took another deep breath and slowly turned on his heel to face the mirror once more.

Oh God, it was real.

Either he was really having a hard time waking himself up from this dream or it really was real. And now he finally had an explanation as to why he couldn’t hear when he had first woken up. The familiar brown hair and piercing green eyes staring at him in the reflection were enough to explain why nothing looked familiar. For some reason, he was now in his girlfriend’s body.

He was now Sophia Mason.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wish this had turned out a tab bit differently but it's acceptable. Now you finally are getting a glimpse as to how this story is going to turn out. Hope you guys are as excited as I am to see where this goes!

Thanks to HeartsxLiesxFriends for commenting again! And please tell me what you all think of the twist!!! Sophia's part should be up later today sometime or even early tomorrow! =D