The Alpha's Baby

Chapter 12

(Roman's P.O.V)

I had the most horrific nightmare last night. Denae and I were making love and everything was perfect. She looked like she had put on a few pounds, but she was gorgeous. It was how I wanted us to be, happy and loving each other. Even though I knew I was dreaming, I still wasn't expecting Sonneillon to barge in. Just as I was about to giver her the best orgasm of her life, my he slips back in. I knew he was there but I was able to control him almost fully!

Before I knew it, he used all his strength and takes control. I couldn't do anything but watch in fear as he growled at my mate. She had been in the best ecstasy of her life just a few seconds before. When she heard the growl, her eyes shot open. She had a look of fear and horror on her face. My eyes were black and my canines were extended.

He then proceeded to scream at her, telling her that I hated her! He made me kill my mate, he ripped her throat out, her blood filled my mouth and I instantly tasted her fear. He didn't stop though. Denae lay there in a pool of her own blood, she was making a gurgling noise and she was shaking. Her eyes were on me. He was still in control so I couldn't tell her how much I loved her and that I didn't mean for it to happen. I couldn't hold her or try to help her. He was laughing at her. He laughed like it was the best damn joke he ever heard.

Her heart beat was weak and I could barely hear it thumping in her chest . A moment later her heart seized completely. I watched as her body went limp her and the little twinkle in her eyes that she always had, was gone. After that I went back to my normal self. He was gone, I couldn't feel his presence at all. I ran to my mates side, I begged and pleaded her to wake up. I knew there was nothing I could do, she was gone. Right before I woke up, I shot myself in the head.

I knew then that I couldn't risk coming in contact with her. I have to finish this treatment before she loses hope in me all together. Deep down inside, I know she feels something other than hate for me. I know that it was her who called me from a blocked number last night. I could tell by the sound of her breath, I know my mates breathing in a crowd of people. She didn't sound hurt, just like she couldn't find her words. I'm starting to have doubts that she is in danger all together, but I can't be sure. She's always been a strong person so maybe she's just holding it together.

I told mom about my dream, she immediately called for the priest and the doctor. She thinks that I need to continue treatment as soon as possible. The priest just arrived so I know she'll come for me soon. I might as well call Cody, I need to see what he's heard.

"Hey." Cody said when he picked up.

"Any news?" I have gotten better at controlling my temper. I don't yell or get mad anymore, at least not intentionally. I've tried to keep a positive attitude since my dream last night.

"Nothing new on my end." He said. Cody never really has much to say about the search, just a few words here and there. I felt my anger rising but I kept my cool.

"Where have you looked Cody?" I asked trying to stay calm.

"Huh?" He asked, I knew he heard me. He's a fucking werewolf, we here damn near everything.

"Where have you looked?" I asked him again.

"Are you doubting my effort Roman?" He asked sounding shocked. "Do you think I'm not afraid too? I've saved her from you many times. You didn't seem to be too worried about her then!" He spit.

"How dare you!" I growled. I fuck this control shit, Cody just crossed the fucking line. "I love my mate! I know I've done thing to her and I'm not proud of it, but you seem to not be worried at all! You never have anything more to say than, 'No' or 'sorry bro.'" I said using my best impression of him. "You make it hard for me to believe you!"

"Yea, whatever, Roman." Cody said calmly. "While I'm out looking for your mate, you just stay there and do what ever it is that you're doing to keep you from looking for her yourself!" He yelled.

I was about to give him the grilling of his life but the line went dead. I gripped the phone until my knuckles were white.

'You better hope you don't find her.' Sonneillon said laughing. He was in my head today, when he crept into my dream, he stayed.

'Leave her alone!' I growled. 'You will not hurt her!'

'I wont.' he said laughing harder. 'But you will.'

When I was about to retaliate my mom walked in. She frowned at me. "Ready son?" She asked placing her hand on my shoulder. I nodded at her and got up out of the chair I had been glued to all morning. I am healed and can walk again. I sat in front of the window from the time I woke up from the dream until now. We went down into the basement and they strapped me down as usual. The priest came in to his bit.

"In the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit, I command you to show yourself ." He repeated this over and over until he started to surface. I felt myself drifting after an hour or so of chanting.

************************************************************************************************************

(Denae's P.O.V)

Doc stayed with me for a couple of hours. Adam told her the story of what happened last night. She insured me that she was under strict orders to not talk about it with anyone but me. She wanted to know what I had thought about for the past few days and what my dreams were like. I told her that I had thought about Roman a lot and I told her about the dream. I don't really know if she understood why I basically molested Adam, she seemed to understand. I told her that I just needed to get the image out of my head. It was the complete truth.

She thought that the dream may have been a dream that mates would share when they were apart. She said that I missed him and that he was having the dream too. She found the end very strange. She couldn't understand why a wolf would react to their mate like that. When I told her he killed me I heard her gasp. She had a look of complete and utter shock. She didn't say it but I think she thinks Roman is crazier than I put off. Hell he might be after a dream like that.

I've decided to stay in my room today. Sashay has been helping me out, she came over after I woke up. Thankfully I didn't have that dream again, Adam came by but I'm not ready to face him. I'm to embarrassed and ashamed to see him now. Cody has been calling all day and I'm not in the mood to talk about Roman and I'm not talking about that- thing again today. "Here girl," Sashay said returning to my room. "I could hear your stomach growling from downstairs." She said handing me the huge tray of food. She had made me four sandwiches and brought me a big bag of Doritos. She also brought a couple of leftover bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits from breakfast.

"Are you going to be OK, Nae?" She asked looking sympathetic. I had told her about the dream when she came over. I didn't tell her about me kissing Adam. All I could do was shrug. She grabbed the hand I wasn't eating with and squeezed it lightly. "If you need anything, I'm always here for you." It's amazing to think that a girl who is only fifteen is comforting me. I didn't know she was only fifteen. She looked to be about my age but Adam told me that she wasn't even old enough to find her mate.

"Thank you, Sashay." I said trying to smile. I finished eating my food and Sashay left to go do some schoolwork. I decided to go see Patches. Sashay said that Adam took care of her for me today. I was trying to avoid as many people as I possibly could, everyone was pretty much doing their own thing so I was happy. Just as I was about to walk out of the door, someone called my name. I knew who it was and I froze, cursing under my breath. I turned to see Adam's usually happy face.

"Going somewhere?" He asked smiling kindly.

"I was going to see Patches." I said trying not to look at his face.

"Can I join you?" He asked hopefully. Obviously I can't tell my Alpha no, but I don't want to face him yet. I nodded my head yes and walked out of the door.

It didn't surprise me that Adam didn't bring up what happened, that just makes it even harder. He's too nice to talk about the situation. I know he just doesn't want me to feel awkward around him.

"Adam." I said getting his attention. He was helping me brush Patches.

"Whats up?" He asked turning his attention towards me.

"I just want to say that I'm sorry about last night." I said looking at him. "I was completely out of line."

"Don't worry about it." He said with a shrug. "You scared me more than anything. We were asleep and I woke up to you screaming." He said looking as if he were reliving last night. "Doc told me what happened after she left you. I understand completely. If I saw my death I'd do anything to wipe the image too, then it being your mate. I'm surprised that's all you did." He said laughing lightly.

"Your mate is going to kick my ass." I stated laughing.

"Nah," He said. "It was a friend kiss. Humans kiss their friends." I shook my head at him.

"I doubt she'll want to hear that." I said sarcastically.

We stayed with Patches for a couple of hours then Adam walked me back to my room. "Do you want to go shopping tomorrow?" He asked me.

"I don't need anything." I stated. I can still fit my clothes and everything, and the pack pretty much have already bought everything I need.

"Maternity clothes." He said with a smile.

"Maternity clothes?" I asked confused. "Am I that fat already?" I chuckled.

"No!" He exclaimed. "I just want you to have everything."

"You've got a soft spot for pregnant women!" I said teasing. Adam blushed a little and rubbed his neck.

"Pregnant women are strong." He stated. "Men wouldn't survive birth. I cant even imagine the kind of shit you guys go through." He paused for a minute. "I like to make sure pregnant women are comfortable."

"You're going to be a great father." I stated.

"I hope so." He said looking slightly doubtful.

"You're going to be the coolest dad around." I said punching his arm. "Kids are going to wish their dad was like you."

Adam smiled at me sweetly. "Thanks Denae." He said. "Your going to be an amazing mother, protective as hell though, but amazing. I can see it now, you're going to fight for that baby no matter what." I nodded at him and rubbed my stomach.

"I love my baby." I said aloud. "Even under these circumstances, I love my baby, and I always will. I honestly wouldn't change anything that has happened. If I hadn't found Roman, I wouldn't be pregnant and I probably wouldn't be here."

"So is that a yes?" He asked. He really wants to do this. I've never met a man who wants to go maternity shopping until today.

"Yes." I said rolling my eyes. Adam smiled brightly and gave me a gentle bear hug. I giggled loudly and he put me down.

"You gonna be OK tonight?" He asked looking a little concerned.

"Yea I think so." I said trying to be positive.

"If you need anything you know where I am." He said. I said goodnight to Adam and climbed into bed.