The Alpha's Baby

Chapter 13

Adam took me shopping and I swear we bought everything in the store. We took Sashay along with us, she wanted to buy her birthday dress. She's so excited that she might find her mate. I had to keep reminding her that her birthday is still two months away. It didn't stop her from talking about it. Adam bought me the cutest sun dress for when I'm really big. He also bought more things for the nursery.

When we got back to the house, he and Sashay helped me put away my things. "That was fun." Adam said looking around feeling accomplished. He's officially bought everything a baby could think to need.

"I didn't find a dress though." Sashay whined. She looked amazing in all the dresses she tried on but she said none of them were her.

"We'll go again before your birthday." I ensured her. "Everything will be perfect." I hope she finds her mate, she's such an amazing girl.

"I hope so." She said. "Hey, when is Dina coming back? I wanted to ask her to come with us next time." They wont be able to make it this round. Everything is crazy back home and Marty has gone on a rampage. He's trying to keep Dina from coming back. He thinks I'm nothing but trouble and she should have never let me back into her life.

So much for rebuilding my relationship with him. I know Dina wont just throw me away, she's gotten me this far, why would she just drop me now? "It'll be next month some time I believe." I said.

"Next time she calls you, make shopping plans." She squeaked. "Well I'm off to bed, school tomorrow." I hugged her and said goodnight. Adam decided to hang around for a while, it was still early. Sashay just likes to study so she pretends she's tired.

"Did you have fun today?" Adam asked flopping down on the couch in the corner of my room. I went and sat beside him.

"I had a blast!" I said smiling. He chuckled. We sat in silence for a few minutes. "Adam?" I said leaning back against him. He threw his arm over me.

"Whats up?" He asked. It's crazy how I can be this close to him and not feel anything. He's completely my type, he's handsome, he's smart, he's funny, he's everything I want! Even though he's the type of guy I could see myself with I don't feel anything for him.

When I kissed him, I didn't feel the slightest flicker of romance. Even when he kissed me back, nothing. Dont get me wrong, Adam is a fabulous kisser and if the feelings had been there we would have done much more than that.

"Youre the best friend ever." I replied smiling up at him. He smiled and ran his fingers through my hair.

"I know!" He said cheerfully. I snuggled myself into his side.

"Tell me a story." I said.

"What kind of story?" He asked thinking. I really didn't care what kind of story it was.

"What were your parents like?" I asked looking up at him. He sat and thought for a few minutes.

"Well my dad was tough, you needed permission to do any everything. I guess it's because he was Alpha but he still made it fun I guess. We had some good times, fishing trips, camping, shit like that. He was really a great father, he just had his own way of doing things."

He had a bright smile on his face. "Mom however, she let me get away with everything. When dad was on my ass about something, she always got me out. She would tell my dad to leave me alone because I was just like him as a child."

"Where are they now?" I asked him.

"Probably vacationing somewhere they've never been." He said laughing. "Theyre enjoying being old." I couldn't help but laugh at that.

"I'd like to meet them one day." I stated.

"I'm sure they'd love you." He said. "What are your parents like?" He asked.

"Well they were great before Roman went all crazy. Now they just think I should bow down to him." I rolled my eyes. "My mom said I have to do what I have to do to be happy. By that, she meant do what Roman says."

"Wow." He said. "That sucks." Hell yea it sucks. I bet they're freaking out now, I wonder if Cody told them I was missing. I hope not, I really don't want them out looking for me, they'll find me, just like they did every time I thought about running away when I was younger.

"Yea a little." I replied.

"We'll you've got a family that will protect you now." He squeezed me. "If he were to come here and try to hurt you, I would have to kill him. Officially he is no longer your alpha since you came to my pack." I really didn't know how I would react if Roman died. I mean I don't agree with his ways but he is the father of my baby and I do love him. I know Adam is serious, he's the protector and he has no choice but to protect.

"I know." I whispered.

"I don't want to have to kill your mate." He said sadly. "I don't want to kill anyone, but I will if it comes to it." Adam and I stayed quiet for a few minutes. "How about some dinner?" He suggested.

"Sure." I smiled getting up. We made our way downstairs and joined the pack for dinner. We found seats with Sashay, Bailey, and Andi. Bailey was cover with spaghetti.

"Hi Denae!" She squealed sucking up a noodle.

"Hey Bailey!" I said laughing. "Are you trying out a new look?" I asked. She smiled happily.

"Yup!" She said. "Only for a little while though, mommy is going to make me have a bath in a minute." She frowned.

"You are right, my little spaghetti monster!" Andi said tickling Bailey. She picked her up and told everyone goodnight.

"See you tomorrow, Bailey." I said waiving. She and Andi disappeared up the stairs.

"Have you talked to Cody today?" I asked turning to Adam.

"Yea, he called earlier." He said. "He wanted to know why you hadn't been answering your phone." My heart started to pound. Ididn't want him to tell him about my dream and me kissing him.

"What did you tell him?" I asked looking down at my spaghetti.

"I told him you dropped your phone in the barn with Patches last night." He replied. I let out a breath of relief. We finished eating and headed out to the stable. Sashay tagged along with us. I can tell she likes being close to Adam, I can tell by the way she looks at him. He's a good bit older than her, almost ten years older.

In our world age doesn't matter. Well you wont get mated to someone who's like ancient or anything, it's just like Twilight. If he were to turn out to be her mate, he would be waiting two long years for her. That's the part that sucks about the mating process, but at the same time its a lot better. You can get to know your mate without all the sex. Even though sex with your mate is great, getting to know each other inside and out is better.

"Patches!" I squealed when we walked into the stable. She gets really excited when she see's me. Adam doesn't trust her actions but I've assured him that she wouldn't hurt me. I can tell her excitement is love. When I pet her she leans into my hand. Recently she's started laying her head on my shoulder when I talk to her. She's even started to give me horse kisses. She doesnt lick me or anything, she just presses her mouth to my cheek.

"Be careful." Adam damn near growled.

"Calm your ass, Adam." I laughed. "Look." I hadn't shown anyone else what she does so I started to talk to her. "Patches, did you miss mama?" She walked over and stood in front of me, she breathed out heavily through her nose. I scratched behind her ear. "Mama missed you." I talked to her like a baby. I mean she is in a sense. She closed the distance between us and lay her head on my shoulder.

"Wow." Adam and Sashay whispered. I turned and laughed at them, their mouths were wide open.

"How did you get her to do that?" Adam asked. His face was still written with shock.

"I don't know." I said shrugging. "She just started doing it one day."

"What else can she do?" Sashay asked, she was looking like a little kid at the circus. She had a big smile spread across her face.

"Watch this." I said. "Patches, give mama a kiss." She blew out through her nose then pressed her mouth against my face.

"Aww!" Sashay said. "That's so cute!"

"That's weird." Adam said laughing. "I've never seen a horse react to someone like that. I guess you may as well be her mother, you took responsibility for her and you care for her like a child."

"I guess so." I said. I kissed her nose and she neighed. We changed out her water and tidied up her stall, Adam and Sashay helped me with her goodnight brushing. I wasn't allowed to be behind her so Adam brushed out her tail. Sashay and I braided her mane. She looked really pretty when we finished.

Afterward it was bedtime and honestly, I'm pooped. This pregnancy deal is really starting to affect my energy levels. I feel like I could sleep for a week. "You gonna be OK?" Adam asked when we got to my room. I smiled up at him.

"I'll be fine." At least I think I will.

"If you need me don't hesitate to come to my room." He said. "My door is always open. Well most of the time it's closed but you can come in any way." I laughed and punched him in the shoulder.

"Thanks." I said. He pulled me into a hug. "I don't know what I would do without you." I admitted. I mean it was the honest to god truth, I don't know where I would be or if I would still exist.

"Even if I weren't here, you'd be fine." He said int my hair. "Cody would have gotten you out." That was true too. Cody had more at risk than Adam, yea, he and Roman could fight it out but Cody could be killed. He defied his Alpha, something that is completely unacceptable.

"I hope everything works out in favor of all of us." I mumbled.

"Me too." He said. "No negative thinking, you need to sleep." I smiled and tried to wipe my mind clear of all negative thoughts. We said goodnight and he went to his room. I decided a soak in a hot bath would be nice. I grabbed some bubble soap I bought earlier and poured it into the tub. The smell of cucumber melon filled the bathroom.

I'll have to call Cody tomorrow, I need to hear something. Something different from the shit he keeps telling me. I know it's all on Roman's side, he's too damn stubborn to tell anyone what is going on with him. Too proud, the alpha running through his blood wont let him accept weakness. I sighed and decided there was no point in dwelling. Tonight is about me relaxing.
♠ ♠ ♠
(Hey guys, sorry for the long wait. Writers block is the biggest bitch I've ever met!!! Hopefully I can get this story back flowing. I'm going to try to upload on it more often. I know some of you probably want to rip my head off. I know the feeling. You're reading something you like and BAM!!!! No uploads for a LONG TIME! I've waited two months for one person to update!!!... Sorry I'm rambling... Thanks for reading!!)