The Alpha's Baby

Chapter 14

(Roman's P.O.V.)

Its been a month since I've seen my mate, an entire fucking month! Cody gives me the same bullshit story he gives every time. I've refrained from calling him as much as usual. He's no help anyway. I've got my own team out looking for her and I'll find her with or without his help. Some beta he is. I should have never given him that position. A Beta is supposed to take over when the Alpha is unable to continue, when an Alpha need him, he is supposed to give him the results he requires.

Cody isn't giving me any results, he's in on this, some way some how. I can feel it. I feel like he's lying to me and the only reason he can get away with it is because I can't look him in the eye. I can't see his body language when he talks. I can't see anything he is doing. Being that he is miles away, he probably finds it easier to lie to me. I'm going to find out though.

I pulled out my phone and called my second best, Garrett. He should have gotten the job. Even though he's younger than Cody, he's a shit load smarter. He can give me better results and he can get better evidence. "Whats up Roman?" He asked answering the phone. I could tell by his voice that he is tired. He's probably been up for hours searching for Denae.

"How is everything?" I asked him curiously. He sighed and I heard him scratch his head.

"Nerve wrecking." He admitted. "Its like the answer is so obvious but we just don't know what it is." I know how that feels. Its like I know exactly where she is but I can't see it or think it. Its like being blind and looking for something. You know where it is, but you just cant find it.

"I hear you." I groaned into the phone. "How is the pack?" I may be a mean person but I still care about my pack. Even if they are afraid of me, I would still protect them if they needed. That's what an Alpha is for.

"Worried." He admitted. "Honestly, Alpha-" He started but hesitated.

"Spit it out Garrett." I said rolling my eyes at him. He sighed and I could tell he really didn't feel comfortable saying what he was thinking. "Now!" I ordered.

"Some of the people in the pack think you killed your mate," He said very quickly being that I order it out of him. "They think you killed her and hid her body and you're just sending everyone on a pointless manhunt!" When he finished he was breathless and I was pissed. "I'm sorry Roman." I held back my emotions.

"DOnt worry about it," I whispered. "Just know your Luna is alive and well- somewhere." He didn't say anything for a few minutes.

"Is there another reason you called me today?" He asked. I don't normally call people just to make conversation. If I call you then it means business, nothing else.

"I need you to do something for me." I said. I gave him a moment.

"What is it?" He asked. He sounded like he was ready for anything, tired or not.

"Keep an eye on Cody for me." I said giving him an order. He fell silent for a moment.

"Anything I'm looking for in particular?" He asked.

"Just watch him and tell me what he does throughout the day." I replied.

"If I may ask," He hesitated.

"Go ahead." I said giving him the OK to ask me a question. Pack members know that it is very foolish to question the Alpha about anything he does. The only reason Cody could is because he is my Beta. I don't have to answer to him, I just don't give him a hard time. Well I didn't. He's going to catch hell if I find out something I don't like.

"Is this going to help bring home our Luna?" He asked hopefully. He sounds like he is really dedicated to finding her. I'm not going to lie to him but this really isn't any of his affair. He is supposed to take the order and do as I say, no questions asked, but he is loyal.

"I believe it could." I said. "I have my suspicions and I'm leaving it up to you to get me the information I need."

"Then I'll do what ever I have to do." He said. "If I find something, should I take action?" I thought about this for a moment. Though I want to bring Denae home, I don't want to do it against her will. I'm done doing things against her will. When I get rid of this, then I'll go get her from where ever she is.

"No," I said after giving it some thought. "Just tell me where he goes and if he leaves town. Follow him as far as you can but staydiscreet. If he calls me and tells me he's seen you watching him, you'll be getting your ass handed to you when I get back."

"Have I ever been caught before?" He asked jokingly.

"No," I said. "That's why I am giving you this job. Don't make me regret it."

"I've got you, Roman." He said before he quickly hung up the phone. I sighed and leaned against the wall. Treatment went well today, I can still walk and I'm not as beaten as I normally would be. The priest thinks I have about a month to go. I can feel the demon but he is ten times weaker than he once was. He rarely makes an appearance and he stays tucked away in my head.

He rarely has an outburst when I'm thinking or speaking about Denae. Its like he's almost giving up. He's still strong but he is losing the will. With every prayer the priest preach's, he gets weaker and weaker. I've heard him say it. When he said it his voice cracked and he sounded surprised. My body feels like it is mine again.

I will beat him, and I will get my mate to love me again. I know it will take time but I know she will understand. I walkeddownstairs deciding to eat something. I've lost a lot of weight this last month and I feel like I need to eat as much as I possibly can to prepare for the month to come.

"Ready for some food, I see." My mom said as I walked into the kitchen. She walked by with a tray of fried chicken. My mouth started to water and my stomach was really pissed that she didn't stop and give me the tray. "Sit." She said giving me a motherly tone. I rolled my eyes and stalked to the kitchen table.

"Thanks mom." I said as she made my plate. She piled it high with chicken, mashed potatoes, corn, and macaroni. She smiled sweetly at me.

"You're welcome son." She said ruffling my hair and pinching my cheeks. I groaned and leaned away.

"Mom!" I growled rubbing my sore cheek. God she treats me like I'm still a little boy. "I'm a man mom, you can't do stuff like that anymore." She rolled her eyes at me.

"You'll be a man when you give me grandchildren." She said. Those few words had thoughts flashing through my mind. Me? A father? It made me smile on the inside but it also made me sad at the same time. I've done so much to Denae, I cant imagine her keeping a baby knowing that I'm the father.

She would think the baby would just be just like me and she would want anything to do with anything like me. I wouldn't want anything to do with me either. I'm sure if she had been pregnant before she left she got an abortion without me knowing it.

'She wouldn't do that.' My wolf said. It shocked the hell out of me. This is the first time he has spoken on his own in months!

'Does she still love me?' I asked him hesitantly. My wolf is the only one who can tell me this and I'm nervous about what he will say.

'Honestly,' He hesitated. 'She hates your guts, but' He trailed off. I took a deep breath and awaited the final answer. 'She will always love you.' I sighed with relief and smiled drawing my mothers attention.

"What are you so happy about?" She asked cocking her head to the side showing her confusion.

"She still loves me." I said happily. This is the first time I've actually been able to smile in almost a year.

"How do you know?" She gasped. I could tell that there is excitement bubbling in her and she's just waiting to show it.

"My wolf told me." I said raising an eyebrow and smiling broadly.

"He's back?" She asked completely shocked. I shrugged my shoulder and wrinkled my lips.

"For the moment." She jumped up from the table cheering. She danced around and sang a little song. I believe it went a little like this:

'Roman's going to get his girl back,

Roman's going to get his girl back,

I'm going to be a grandmother,

Eh, eh, eh, eh, eh!'

Yup, I think it went exactly like that. She seems more excited than me. I doubt it, I'm doing cartwheels in my mind! this is the best news I have gotten in a long time! Shit! I can ask him if he knows where she is!

'Do you know where our mate is?' I asked him while I had the chance. He didn't say anything for a long minute.

'Well-" He started but stopped.y I am so sick of people not finishing sentences today!

'Oh come on!' I mentally screamed at him. 'We have to find her!' He chuckled at me. Why in the fuck is he laughing at a time like this? Is Sonneillon coming back?

'I know where she is you idiot!' He laughed. I growled mentally and aloud.

'Tell me where she is!' I demanded.

'No can do.' He replied. I banged my fist on the table causing chicken to fly everywhere. My mother dropped her fork and looked at me like I had lost my mind. Been there, done that, mom. I ignored her look and focused on my wolf.

'Why not?' I growled. Why wouldn't he tell me where she is? Does he truly not love her? I know he loves her. He's just being a dick now.

'Hey!' He shouted. 'I didnt fuck this up,' He said angrily. 'You did!' How am I over control of what decides to take over my body? Is he a fucking idiot? Maybe being possessed fucked his head up more than mine because now he sounds stupid.

'You let him in you idiot!' He yelled. 'Dont you remember?' I've never in my life given a demon permission to enter my body and take control of me! Who does that?

'I don't know what the fuck you are talking about.' I admitted. 'I think you're really losing it Wolfie.' He growled at me.

'Your ex.' He said. I mentally rolled my eyes at him.

'Which one?' I asked. I've had quite a few ex's. I honestly regret each one of them.

'The weird one.' He said with disgust. 'What did she tell you when you broke up with her?' He asked. I knew what girl he was talking about, Louhi (Loui) Statton. She was extremely weird. She wore dark clothing and liked to play with fire. I thought she was just one of those emo wannabe's. She was just a flam, a floozy, something to do when I wasn't with someone prettier. We dated three years ago.

When I broke up with her, she told me that she would see to it that me and my mate lived a life of pure hell. When it finally hit me, the word was already coming out of my wolf's mouth. 'Witch.' He said surely. My eyes widened and my mouth dropped open.

"No." I said aloud shaking my head. "No, no, no, no!" My mother came to my side quickly. She had just been sitting across from me watching me mentally battle it out with my wolf. All she was seeing was facial expressions.

"What is it?" She screeched. Her body is shaking and she looks scared. Mom never shifts but she's having trouble controlling her wolf right now. I can see the hair on her arms getting longer.

"Louhi." I said looking up at her with horror.

"Who?" She asked, her face is a mask of confusion and she is cocking her head again. What the fuck mom? Are you a bird today?

"Loui Statton." I groaned. She gasped and covered her mouth.

"The witch?" She asked clarifying what my wolf just told me. I dropped my head to the table with a thud.

"How is it that everyone knew she was a witch but me?" I groaned. My mother stood there trying to put together two and two. She cant figure out the connection between me, Louhi, and Denae.

When she finally figured it out, her eyes got big. "Stupid!Stupid! Stupid!" She yelled while smacking me on my head as hard as she could. She may be a woman, but she was a Luna at one point, and Luna's are strong! I tried to dodge her hits to no avail. When she finally stopped hitting me she was furious.

"Roman, stay away from Louhi," She said sarcastically. "Roman, the girl is bad news, Roman, if you mess with her, she will mess with you!" She smacked my head again. "How many ways did you need me to say it?"

"Why didn't you just tell me that?!" I shouted. "How about this," I said. "Roman, the bitch is a witch! Simple!" I said throwing my hands in the air. She started to cry.

"I tried to tell you." She said sadly. She looked as if she had given up on me. She told me time and time again not to mess with her. Why didn't I listen? I groaned to myself.

'Because your an Alpha and you're a selfish son of a bitch.' My wolf answered.

'Fuck you.' I spit angrily before blocking him out willingly for the first time in months. I'm going to find that bitch, Louhi and rip her to fucking pieces for the pain she caused me and my mate. I pulled out my phone and started making calls. I'm going to track her just like I'm tracking Cody.
♠ ♠ ♠
(I realized its been 26 days since I updated this story! Too long! I had to give you people something. I cant ignore the 'such and such added The Alpha's Baby to their library any longer! I've been a bad story teller... Bad, bad, bad. smh... lol. I hope you guys liked the update. Now you know why Roman is the way he is!!!!)