Status: Subscribe and comment if you think I should keep this going

Leaving Here, Not Coming Back

Neighbor's Kid

The next day, Marina woke up in no pain for the first time in a long time. She smiled as she recalled the previous night before getting out of the large, soft bed and going to the bathroom where she showered and got dressed doing her make up as well. In quite a good mood, she headed down the stairs to see Michelle at the stove cooking something, the woman looked back and smiled.

“Good morning!”

“Good morning.” Marina returned the smile.

“I'm making breakfast; french toast, sausage and bacon. Sound good?”

“Yeah.”

“Great.” The stove sizzled and Marina listened to the sound, finding it relaxing.

Brian came in the room dressed in pajama bottoms and a tank top. “Morning babe.” He pecked Michelle's lips.

“Morning kid.” he kissed the top of Marina's head, not missing her smile.

Michelle put some plates of food on the table, everyone getting the desired amount of the desired food. They made small talk as they ate, soon they were all finished and Brian started doing the dishes. Marina found it peculiar, in all the movies she'd seen (Looking through peoples windows) the mother or wife did the dishes. She liked how Brian and Michelle treated each other as equals, she could see that they truly were in love.

Michelle went to the living room waving for Marina to follow her, she did. Once in the living room, Michelle pulled out a board game from under the coffee table, it was Yahtzee.

“Do you know how to play?”

Marina shook her head.

“Would you like me to teach you?”

She smiled and sat down with her as Michelle opened the game. Pinkly hopped into Marina's lap.

Around noon, they'd finished the game. Marina won with lots of advice from Michelle. “Next time won't be so easy.” she smirked.

They began to pick up the game when there was a knock at the door. “I got it!” Brian called, going to the foyer and answering it.

Brian greeted the boy and let him in, to introduce him to Marina.

“Marina.” She hadn't noticed Brian and guest come in.

She blushed as Ronnie looked at her with an intrigued gaze. “Marina this is our neighbor's kid Ronnie, Ronnie this is Marina.” The last time they'd seen each other, she was singing and dancing around her room.

Ronnie gave her a white smile and held his hand out to her, she shook it and gave him a bashful smile.

“Ronnie does yard work for us when I'm to damn lazy, so...often.” Brian scratched the back of his neck.

Michelle laughed a little.

Brian turned to Ronnie “So, you remember where the mower is?”

“For the past 3 years, yes!” Ronnie chuckled, Brian grinned.

“Just making sure.” The two left the room, Ronnie sending one last smile to Marina.

She blinked after him, no boy her age had ever smiled at her that much.

“He's nice isn't he?” Michelle asked, trying not to grin.

The teen nodded, and jumped at the sound of the lawn mower roaring to life. Michelle giggled and put the game back where it was.

Brian came back in “So, who wants to play Left 4 Dead?”
“It's on!” Michelle bounded out of the room.

Brian gave a questioning look to Marina. “What's Left 4 Dead?”

His mouth dropped, he closed it and took her hand lightly making sure she knew if she wanted him to let go, he would.

She went along with him, Pinkly trotting after them.

After playing for a few minuets, she concluded she'd rather watch than play. Marina was easily scared by the game, she didn't like shooting at people. Or things that looked anything like people. After telling the couple that she was done playing, Michelle suggested she take a glass of water to Ronnie.

Marina went to the kitchen and looked through the cupboards for cups, after three tries she found them. She grabbed one and put water from the refrigerator in it, adding some ice cubes.

As she passed a mirror, she checked her make up before going to the back door where she immediately spotted Ronnie's shiny black and red hair. She walked up to him, waving so he'd see her. He stopped mowing and looked at her.

She held the glass out to him, “Oh thank you.” he took it and gulped it down. As he drank, she looked at his dark green skinny jeans, Green Day tee shirt that clung to him, and worn Converse hi tops.

He handed the empty glass to her “Whats up?”

“Uh...”

“Chill, you don't have to talk if you don't want too. It's okay. Not everyone is as open as I am.” he gave her a care free smile.

She shook her head “It's not that, I...ugh this is going to sound so stupid!” She blushed.

He smirked.

“I...I've never spoken to a boy before...UGH stupid!” She clamped her hand to her forehead, now realizing all the ways she could have said that better.

He chuckled. “I'm sure you have before, I'm not scarey...I'm cuddly!” He beamed.

She smiled, dropping her hand. In all honesty, Marina didn't know how to act around him; not because she had a crush on him but because in school everyone, boys included, ignored her. She hasn't had real conversation with a boy (not counting Brian) in years.

“Ya know, your a really good singer.”

She bit her lip “No one was supposed to hear me.”

“But I did.” He smirked.
Marina couldn't help but giggle. “I'm gonna go back inside. Brian and Michelle are playing Left 4 Dead.”

He wrinkled his nose “I don't like that game, it's too much like...shooting people.”

“I agree.”

“TV buddy?” He offered.

“Sure.” He put the lawn mower in the shed and looped arms with her, going back into the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry this took so long, I've been working on a chapter for my A7X werewolf fic New To The Pack. I added Ronnie to the charcters, tell me what you think of him even though the description is short. :)