Maxine Reid

Spencer's Birthday

October 3, 2005

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY SPENCER!" Maxine exclaimed. Reid woke up to find his little sister standing by his bed with a box in her hands.

"Aww, thanks Maxine," Reid said.

"Open it!" Maxine said. Reid opened it to find a picture frame made by Maxine. It had stars and hearts on it and said 'Spencer' at the top and 'Maxine' at the bottom. On the sides it said 'Smile' and 'Love' and contained a picture that Maxine took of them together at a park last week.

"Wow, it's amazing. Thanks Maxine!" Reid said, hugging his sister.

"I thought you could use it to cheer up when you're at work," Maxine said.

"I really could. Thanks Maxine," Reid said. "Now let's get ready for school!"
~~~
"Happy Birthday!" the team told Reid as he tried to blow out the candles.

"Come on! Blow, baby, blow!" Morgan said.

"I thought you were full of hot air Reid," Elle said. Reid attempted to blow out the candles that seemed to be coming back.

"They're trick candle's Spence, okay? They're gonna come back every time," JJ said.

"Oh, mommy to the rescue!" Morgan said, messing with the giant cake hat on his head.

"Mommy?" Reid said. Morgan noticed the picture frame on Reid's desk.

"Who's this?" Morgan asked, picking it up.

"Maxine," Reid said.

"Who's Maxine?" Elle asked.

"My little sister," Reid said.

"I didn't know you had a little sister Spence," JJ said.

"Yeah. She's 7 and goes to Burrows Elementary," Reid said. JJ began cutting the cake while Reid walked over to Gideon.

"Are you having fun?" Gideon asked.

"Yes, I am most definitely having fun," Reid said.

"Did you make a wish?" Gideon asked.

"Can I take this hat off?" Reid asked. Gideon looked at the hat.

"I wouldn't," Gideon said.

"Hey Spence, first piece for the birthday boy," JJ said. He started walking over to JJ, but went back over to Gideon.

"Did you know she's the only one in the world who calls me Spence?" Reid asked with a smile. He walked back over to his desk where JJ handed him a piece of cake.

"Hey JJ, you should feed it to him," Morgan said, making Elle almost choke on her cake. Reid looked awkwardly at Morgan and JJ, who was taken aback by Morgan's comment.

"Yeah Spence," JJ said. She sat on his desk and was about to feed him a piece of cake.

"Party's over," Hotch said. Reid turned red at what almost happened.

"I, uh, gotta call my sister," Reid said. He picked up his phone and called Maxine's school.

"It's your birthday! It's sad enough that you had to go to work, but a case! In San Diego!" Maxine complained once the teacher handed her the phone.

"I know Maxie. I'll be home as soon as we catch the bad guy," Reid said.

"Okay. Be careful," Maxine said.

"I will kiddo," Reid said.

"I love you bunches!" Maxine said.

"I love you too Maxie," Reid said.