Cheer Up Boys! (Your Make Up Is Running)

PTSD

I woke up cuddled next to Niall wondering how the fuck I got there. I slowly got up, lifting Niall's arm up from around me. I went back to my room and too a shower, I dried my hair and put it into a simple braid over my shoulder. I put on some brown eye shadow and light mascara. I then pulled on my glamour kills fleece sweat shirt, blue skinnies, and black toms. I put on my octopus earrings, and the fish hook ring my grandma made me. I got a reminder text from management that told us that the boys had a television interview today. I looked at the time and was that it was only 6:30 am. I went back into the boys room and stole Harry's grey beanie. I grabbed my purse and took an elevator down the lobby. Once I was out of the hotel I just started to walk. Once I was a safe distance from the hotel, I then called my mom, knowing she'd be up. "Hello?" She answered. "Hi Mama." I said. "Hello Brenna. How are things back at home?" She asked me. "I'm on tour Mama, remember I visited you before I left." I told her. "You came to Afghanistan? I don't remember that happening." She told me. My heart started to break. "Ma, your not in Afghanistan anymore, remember, you came back two years ago." I told her. "No no, I'm here on deployment. I just got back from the hospital." She said, I could hear the frown in her voice. "No mama, your in Iowa, staying with your sister." I had to remind her. "Oh well never mind. Who are you touring with this time dear?" She asked me. "One Direction, their this British boy band." I told her. 'That's nice. Where are you?" "I'm in Australia." I told her. "Oh! That's wonderful! I've heard it's beautiful there. Maybe once I come home from deployment I'll take us both there." She said. "Ma, your not on deployment." I told her once again. Repetition was key, her therapist told me. "We'll go swimming, and then see the great outback." She said ignoring me. "Ok mama." I said. We talked for a little bit longer and then hung up. I saw that I was walking near the harbor. I leaned against the railing as the rising sun brought light to the city. I closed my eyes and let the sounds of the seas calm me, but that didn't seem to be enough. I felt a few hot tears roll down my cheeks. My mom was a nurse in the Navy, she had a 15 month deployment to Afghanistan, and saw some really terrible things. When she came back, she kept thinking she was still on deployment. The doctors labeled her with a case of major Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, and sent her to stay somewhere with family. I didn't know what was worse, the fact that she would never fully be the same, or the fact that I couldn't be with her. I remember not being able to function, I had just gotten my own apartment, Brooke's parents, aware of the situation, let her stay with me, to take care of me. It wasn't till some good friends going on tour hired me to distract me did I get better. I still feel indebted to Brooke, even though I love her, I hate feeling that way. Like I owe someone something. I just thought about how my mom would hear a bang and instantly drop down and cover her head with her hands. It scared me to death.

I wiped the tears away and continued walking. After fifteen minutes I headed back to the hotel. I walked onto the elevator and road back up to our floor. Once I got off, I saw the boys pacing and Brooke frantically calling my name. Once Harry saw me he ran up and hugged me tightly. "Don't do that." He said into my ear. "Sorry." I said. "I like your beanie." He said chuckling a little pulling away. "Thanks. I got it from this really cool guy in the band." I told him. Louis took one look at me, "Are you alright, you look like you've been crying." He said. "No, it's just a little chilly outside." I lied lamely. Brooke ran up, "Where were you?!?" She asked me. Louis joined in, " Where HAVE you been?! Bed empty, no note, car gone! You could have died! You could've been seen!" He yelled. I laughed, I just went out on a walk, called my mama." I said. Brooke shot me a look. I gave her a look that said I would tell her later. "Oh ok. You sure your ok?" Harry asked me. I laughed, "Yes, I'm sure." I told him. Then Lou, the boys stylist came off the elevator holding Baby Lux. I walked up and greeted her. "Morning Lou, would you like me to watch Lux?" I asked her. "Please?" She asked. I nodded and took Baby Lux from her arms. Brooke walked over. "Oh hello baby! I've heard your name is Lux." She cooed to Lux. She turned to me. "Can I hold her?" She asked me. I handed her over. Harry came running over. "Before I forget, here is a hard copy of the picture, and I just texted you the digital copy." He said then went back to his room. "Ooh, show me." Brooke said playing with Lux. I showed her the picture of Baby Lux and I at the zoo. "Aww that's so sweet. So, how your mama?" She asked me. "Still thinks she's on deployment, she said once she got home she wants to take me here, to Australia. Maybe I'll take her here." I say. "Maybe she'll think she's done with deployment." I said hopefully. "Brenna." She sighed. "God dammit let me at least think that theres a chance I can have her back ok!" I almost shouted at her. "Ok." She sighed in defeat. I felt a few more tears coming, and Brooke caught them with her finger. "Hey Baby Lux, let's dance to make Bren feel better." She cooed to Lux. Then she stood up Lux and moved her arms to make her look like she was dancing. I laughed and felt better afterwards. "Here." She handed Lux to me. I took her and set her in my lap. I started to sing a nursery rhyme to her. Then I stood up with her and began dancing the song I was singing which turned out to be, A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes. Baby Lux started to laugh and and giggle. Then Brooke started to dance with her as I continued singing. The boys came out at that point but we didn't notice. We were having fun with this little baby. Once the song finished the boys cheered. Harry took Baby Lux from Brooke and and began to talk to her. Harry's wife and daughter will be really lucky, I thought to myself.

Once we got to the studio, we were taken to the interview area. We hung around and then the boys came down for their interview. They were charrming as always. They even got to try new foods. Niall had some Vegemite which he didn't like much. The other boys had candy except for Harry who had a meat pie. It made my stomach grumble, because I hadn't eaten yet. Once the interview was over, we started to leave, "Bee! You have to try this pie!" Harry came over and offered it to me. I grabbed it and took out a bite. "Oh sweet baby jesus that is good." I said with a mouth full of food. He laughed and agreed and we shared the pie until it was all gone. We then went to the arena for the show that night. We all hung out and even played some soccer, or in this case, football before they set out the chairs in the ground level. We all enjoyed ourselves and the show, and Brooke and I tried not to think about when this short tour would be ending very soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
I had a dream the night before I wrote this chapter that my mom thought she was still deployed and it scared me, and I usually write about the things that worry me. So sorry if its a sad chapter.
-Brenna