The Bunny Queen and Her King

Chapter Eleven: Genius

COOKIE


I knocked on the door to Bunny’s house as Charlie peeled out of the driveway. For some reason, Charlie didn’t want to be around Bunny anymore.

“Oh, Cookie!” Mrs. Harbors smiled at me. “So good to see you!”

“Hey, Mrs. Harbors,” I greeted. “Is Bunny home?”

“She’s upstairs in her room.”

I nodded, and ran up the steps. This was practically a second home to me. I knocked on Bunny’s door.

“Coming, mom!” She opened the door. “Hey, you!”

“Hey, stranger,” I greeted as she gestured me in. “So, did you get the ice-cream?”

“And a lot more.”

I grinned as we did our extra-secret-never-before-seen handshake.

“That’s my girl.” I sat down on one of the beanbag chairs, opening the box of pizza as she followed. “Turn the TV on.”

She did as I commanded. We watched The Vampire Diaries as we nibbled on our pizza.

“Man, I’d love me a Damon,” I commented.

She nodded. “Me, too.”

“Just the way he’s a total gentleman underneath all of his badass-ness is about the sexiest thing in the world.”

“Agreed. But I also like Tyler, too.”

“Mhmm. Tyler has one fine piece of everything.” We giggled. “So, what’s going on between you and Xavier?” I asked curiously.

“I don’t know,” she said, reaching for another slice of pizza. “I think he’s no longer interested in me.”

“Want me to beat him up?”

We laughed. Xavier was definitely the biggest guy in school. He made Bunny look like an elf.

“Maybe I could get Kurt to beat him up?” I offered.

“No,” she said sadly. “I’ll be okay, Cookie.”

I nodded. “If you’re sure.”

There was silence until Damon made a smart comment. Then we both giggled.

“I bet Nikita’s on,” Bunny said, reaching for the tub of triple chocolate ice-cream.

“Then let’s watch it. I’ve gotta know what’s going on.”

She rolled her eyes, and flipped it on. The TV man said, “Previously on Nikita…

* * * * * *


“BUNNY!” I screamed, running as Candy and her friends chased me. “KURT!”

I knew I wouldn’t be able to run forever. Already I was getting tired, and I’ve barely been running for two minutes. I guess that’s the Mito.

I ran right into Xavier. I squeaked, hiding behind him. “Candy’s coming!” I squealed quietly.

“Follow me,” he murmured, opening the janitor’s door.

“Why can’t you just—”

“My mother always told me to never hit a girl.”

Well it’s a good thing he listens to his momma, I thought.

We were crowded in the closet, and I prayed that Kurt nor Bunny ever found out about this moment.

“God! Where is she?” Candy screeched like a crow.

“I don’t know,” her friend, Camelia, said. “But she couldn’t have gotten far.”

“Let’s go,” her other friend, Sarah, said. “I bet we can catch up with her.”

We listened until we couldn’t hear their footsteps anymore. We quickly tiptoed out. Then a camera light flashed, temporarily blinding me.

“Wha—”

“I wonder how Bunny will react when she finds out what her best friend and boyfriend have been up to?”

I looked in horror at Candy.

“I wonder if she’ll start crying.” She had the most evil smile in the world.

“You can’t show Bunny that picture!” I yelled. Bunny’s entire self-confidence was at stake here!

“Too bad.”

I glared. Just because I might die tomorrow did not mean I was going to have anybody push me around.

“What was Bunny’s number again, Juliet?”

I looked angrily as Juliet appeared with a smile just like her sister’s. “577-8292.”

Oh, hell no.

“You…you…” No dirty word seemed good enough.

“Stop!” I realized Xavier had been silent up until this moment. “What can I do to get you to delete that picture?”

“Step down,” Candy said. “Renounce your position as Alpha.”

I looked between the two confusedly. “What’s going on?”

“I’m not stepping down, Candy.”

“Too bad.” She faked sympathy. “Poor Bunny. Her self-esteem will be crushed when she sees this.” There was a pause as she pushed some buttons. “And…send.”

I think I just lost my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that it's been so long. I've just been swamped with my other stories, which I sincerely hope you check out. Also, if you really like this, then check out my other story, Her Name Was Allie. She Had Baby Blue Eyes. Most people that like that story tend to like this one, too. :)