Status: updating very randomly and sparsely, sorry. you can bug me about updationg on my tumblr: isitwarpedtouryet

Livin' the Dream

Chapter 3

I woke with a pounding headache. Someone had their arm around me. Shit. Please tell me I didn't have a one night stand. I peeked under the blanket and found myself fully clothed. Always a good sign. Holding my breath, I turned to the person next to me in the bed. I breathed a sigh of relief when I saw a shock of blond hair. Damon. Curled into his other side was Alice, her mane of black hair splayed over the pillow. Smiling at the sight, I wiggled out of Damon's grip and stood. My head spun and I staggered. Fuck! Did I really have that much to drink? Still asleep, Damon wrapped the arm that had previously been around me around Alice. N'aw. I felt around in my pockets and found my phone and room key. Success! I read the room number written on the envelope and scribbled a note to Alice and Damon, letting them know where I'd gone.
I opened the door to my room and found Celeste passed out on one of the beds. Wonder how hungover she's gonna be. I went over to my suitcase and picked out an outfit for the day: my gray AWG tank, black skinny jeans, and a gray Glamour Kills sweatshirt. I changed and was about to pull on my bright pink Vans, when my stomach lurched.
I dropped the shoes and flew to the bathroom, just making it in time to empty the contents of my stomach into the toilet. I flushed the toilet but stayed on the floor of the restroom, staring at the floor, disgusted with myself.
It was then I realized, Fuck, I CAN SEE. I turned to the mirror, and sure enough, my contacts were still in and my eyes were bloodshot. I took them out, which hurt just a bit because they were so dry, and put them in their case, pulling out my glasses and putting them on. I pulled on my shoes and walked out to the elevator, pulling out my phone as I went. I sent out a few tweets as I entered the elevator.
@SARLynn: It's early as fuck. Anybody else on this tour awake?
@SARLynn: Day off in San Antonio. Closest to home we're gonna get.

I walked out of the elevator and was halfway across the lobby when I noticed a pair of black converse sticking out behind one of the couches. The fuck? I walked around the couch and saw a very tall boy in black skinny jeans and a black t-shirt passed out behind the couch. Something about the blonde streak in his hair was very familiar. Kneeling down next to him, I rolled him over. JACK! I poked him, shook him, even slapped him, but the boy would not wake up. Fuuuuuuuuuck. I bit my lip, pulling my lip ring into my mouth nervously. Not knowing what else to do, I pulled out my phone and sent a few texts.
New Message To: Renae, Flyzik, Colussy: I just found Jack passed out in the lobby and he's too heavy for me to carry him to elevator and I don’t know what room he's in either way. Help????
I sat cross legged next to the still passed out Jack Barakat. I looked at his sleeping face and shrugged, pulling out my ipod and stuffing my headphones in my ears, regretting forgetting my beats at home. I put it on shuffle and smiled when 'The Reckless and The Brave' by All Time Low came on. After a few minutes, I got bored and started replying to fans on twitter.
@AllTimeLindsay: @SARLynn is arguably the most perfect person ever. And her hugs are the best.
@SARLynn: @AllTimeLindsay She's hardly perfect, but she appreciates your support! and she likes your username. <3 #closethustler
@Brookie1546: @SARLynn are you a legit hustler or do you just mean an All Time Low fan?
@SARLynn: @Brookie1546 I am not a 'legit hustler.' I was, when I was like 16. But it wasn't much use to me because I'm from Texas, AKA concert Narnia.
@JalexChrist: Lynn is replying to fans. $10 she doesn't reply to me. @SARLynn
@SARLynn: @JalexChrist BAM! You owe me ten bucks! But i'll consider us even if you come out to a show <3

About half an hour later, I looked up from the screen of my phone as someone walked into the lobby, wearing workout clothes and running shoes.
"ZACK!" I screeched, ignoring the pointed looks from the hotel staff. Zack pulled out his headphones and looked at me questioningly, then his gaze fell on Jack and he raised his eyebrows.
"I found him passed out behind the couch and I didn't know what to do and I couldn't carry him and no one answered my tweets so I just sat here." I explained.
"Why didn't you just leave him here?" Zack asked, and part of me registered that, in all the All Time Low concerts and signings I'd been too and even on this tour, this was the first time I'd ever heard him speak.
"Because...I didn't want him to get like, kidnapped by fangirls," I said. Zack laughed. "No, I'm serious" Zack's eyes widened and he nodded.
"I'll carry him to his room," he said, picking Jack up easily and throwing him over his shoulder. I stood up and started walking to the door. "Lynn?" Zack called after me. I turned.
"Yes?"
"Thanks. For staying with him," he gave me a small smile and the elevator doors closed in front of him.
***
I was riding my longboard aimlessly around the parking lot of the hotel. I kicked and kicked and kicked until I was going a little too fast. My heart raced and I smiled, remembering my brothers and father always saying, "If you aren't scared, you're not going fast enough."
Suddenly, a car turned into the parking lot and I had to swerve to get out of the way. Fuck. I leaned too far and I fell off my board, sticking my arms out, but keeping them slightly bent, and rolling sideways down the pavement. My board kept going until it hit the curb with a loud crash. I laughed at myself and looked at my arms. My left arm was bleeding through my sweatshirt sleeve. Fuck. That thing cost me forty dollars. Aside from that, there was some minor road rash on my hands. No biggie. I shrugged and stood, brushing the dirt off my jeans. I walked across the parking lot and grabbed my board before it could get run over. I examined my board, her trucks had a few more scratches than she'd had before, but no one but me would be able to see that.
"Are you okay?" I jumped at the voice and turned to find Alex Gaskarth looking at me with concern. "Your arm is bleeding..."
"Uh, yeah. I'm fine. Just some minor cuts and road rash. No big deal," I said, shrugging.
"C'mon. You need to get cleaned up. There's a first aid kit on my bus," said Alex, turning and walking toward All Time Low's bus. I followed him and he punched a code into the keypad by the door to open it.
"Two, fourteen, zero, six...That's the date you signed Hopeless. The first time, I mean," I muttered.
Alex raised his eyebrows.
"You know that?" He asked incredulously.
"Um, yeah. I think any hustler would know that," I said.
"Really?" He asked, looking shocked.
"Uh...yeah. How do you think we got six years of ATL trending on Valentine's day?" I replied. He grinned as he held the door open for me.
"So, you're a big fan then?" He asked. I blushed and nodded.
"All Time Low is kinda..." I looked at my feet. "All Time Low is what got me through the day in high school. And still does..."
"That's awesome," He smiled at me. He wasn’t looking at me though, he was looking at my arm, where I’d unconsciously pulled up my sleeve to reveal my All Time Low tattoo: the words “If we stand for nothing, we’ll fall for anything,” written in pretty black cursive.
“I’m hoping to get another one, actually,” I admitted and he grinned.
“I can’t believe I hadn’t noticed that before,” He said, pulling the First Aid kit out from under the sink and gesturing for me to sit down. “Now, I don’t want to sound too forward, but you’re gonna need to take your shirt off, ma’am.”
“At least take me to dinner first,” I laughed and pulling my GK crew neck over my head, leaving me in my gray AWG tank. He laughed at my wardrobe choice.
“I’m like an onion,” I said, gesturing to my tank. “The more layers you peel off, the more you feel like crying.” He shook with laughter and I grinned from ear to ear.
My hero is sitting in front of me, bandaging my arm, and I’m making him laugh.

***
Alex and I returned to the hotel together, me carrying my board, which I’d informed Alex was named Jasey. All the other bands were gathered in the lobby when we returned, my arm earning us a few looks. The members of SAR, plus Renae, immediately ran up to me and began yelling.
“You know better than to go out by yourself!”
“Is the board okay?”
“You could’ve gotten hurt. You could’ve-”
“Did you bang up her trucks again?”
“You know you shouldn’t-”
“HEY!” Jordan yelled and everyone turned to stare at him. I don’t think he’s ever raised his voice before... “Yelling at her isn’t gonna help, okay? She’s here now and that’s what matters.” He met my eyes and blushed and I smiled at him gratefully.
“Thank you, Jordan. I’m fine. My board’s fine. I’m a big girl, I can take care of myself,” I said, rolling my eyes and pushing passed Damon, who was fretting over my arm. The conversation started up again around us and Renae had to climb up on Flyzik’s shoulders to get our attention. She whistled sharply and everyone turned to her, rubbing their ears.
“Now that I have your attention, today, as you all know, we have a day off in San Antonio. However, the last time you all had a day off, Tay and Alex went missing for 12 freaking hours, Jack almost got run over by a train, Adriana came back with a tattoo she didn’t remember, and we had to bail Justin and Chris out of jail. SO! This time, we can’t let you all go out on your own, lest we lose our musicians which would effectively end the tour and render us all jobless.” The other managers around her grinned. “So today each of you will go out in pairs or bigger groups, and you’ll be checking in with your managers every hour on the hour by texting or calling.”
“If you don’t check in,” Flyzik continued for her. “When you come back, we’ll put you in one of the equipment boxes and spin you around like we used to do to Alex for being late to van call.” Alex shuddered at this and the other members of All Time Low just laughed. “Curfew is 2 AM. Don’t die!”
“You’re free,” Swanson said, “But, someone stay with Jordan, please. The last time we were here someone tried to throw a beer bottle at his pretty face.” Jordan pouted.
Band and crew members started piling out of the lobby. Celeste ran off with Chris; Adriana, Xander, Alice and Damon left together, Alice and Adriana babbling on about something. Soon the lobby was empty, save for a few wide eyed tourists, Renae, Flyzik, Swanson, Jordan and I. Jordan was talking animatedly with Swanson, insisting that he did not need a babysitter.
I approached Renae, who appeared to be stuck on Matt’s shoulders.
“Need some help there?” I laughed, holding my hands up to her.
“Yes, save me,” she pleaded. Flyzik’s shoulders shook with laughter and Renae yelped as she almost lost her balance.
I came up behind them and placed one hand on her arm, the other under her leg. I pulled her off him and eased her into my arms, curling one arm around her petite shoulders and the other behind her knees. I set her gently on her feet and she grinned.
“Thanks, Lala!” I grinned. I’d had that nickname since childhood, but no one outside my band called me that when we were on tour.
“Anytime, Rae!” I called after her as she skipped away, Flyzik trailing behind her. I wonder what’s going on there... I shook the thought from my head. He’ll be 27 soon, she’s only 18, she wouldn’t...HE wouldn’t... Swanson was still arguing with Jordan. I walked over to them.
“Look, whether or not Jordan needs a babysitter, I do, and since my band has gone AWOL...Care to join me in exploring my home away from home?” I asked, standing between both of them. Before Jordan even had a chance to answer, Swanson was out the door. “So, that’s a yes, then?” He laughed.
“I suppose so,” Jordan held out his arm to me. “Lead away.”
**
Jordan and I explored downtown first, bypassing the Alamo (we’d both done that before) and instead ended up standing in front of a ticket stand for Six Flags Fiesta Texas.
“We shouldn’t...”
“Why not?”
“It’s expensive, for one...”
“I’ll pay for you, obviously. It wouldn’t be a date if I didn’t.”
“Oh, this is a date, now, is it?” I said, teasing. Jordan’s face turned red, and he looked down.
“Ye-yeah, I mean, only, only if you want to,” He looked up at me, his ice blue eyes, wide and vulnerable, meeting mine.
“I want to,” I said immediately, “Of course I do. But a ticket to Six Flags isn’t cheap...” At that he laughed, relaxing visibly.
“Honestly, Lynn, Love Like Woe has gone platinum, a ticket to Six Flags is nothing.” And with that, he took my hand and lead me to the ticket stand.

***

"I'm not gonna do it, J. No. Nuh uh. Lynn Foreman does not do The Rattler."
"Please? For me?"
"I fucking hate you."
"Yay! C'mon!" With that, Jordan laced his fingers with mine and pulled me into the roller coaster car. I grimaced as Jordan pulled the bar over our legs. I grabbed hold of his hand again as soon as I could.

"Fuck, Jordy, I'm so scared! This little bar can’t save us!" I whispered. An employee was going around checking everyone's bars. I was so concerned with staring at the flimsy bar that would supposedly protect me, I almost didn't hear it.
Click. Click. Click.
"Jordan Witzigreuter on a date!"
"Who do you think the lucky bitch is?"
Click. Click. Click.

Jordan's hand squeezed mine and he tensed.
"Jordy, do you-" I whispered.
"I hear them," he whispered, glaring daggers at the air in front of us. "Just ignore them, okay?"
At that moment, the ride began moving and all thought of fangirls left my mind.
"Oh, my God, get me off this thing!"
"Shhh, it's okay Lynn."
"What do you mean it's okay it's not fucking okay we're about to go over the first hi-HOLY SHIT AHHHH SHIT FUCK WE'RE GONNA DIE JORDY WE'RE GONNA DIE I DON'T WANNA DIE OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!"

***
Around midnight, Jordan and I returned to the hotel.
I had one hand laced with Jordan’s and was holding an ice cream cone Jordan had bought me in the other. Jordan was carrying a giant plush octopus he’d won for me at Six Flags. I finished my ice cream and offered him the cone.
“Trade ya?” I asked, nodding toward the octopus. He grinned and handed it to me, taking the empty cone from me. We rode the elevator in content silence, him eating what was left of my ice cream cone, me hugging my octopus to my chest.
We stepped out onto our floor together, pausing at my door. I looked nervously at the ground and hugged the octopus tighter. Jordan rubbed the back of his neck and looked up at me. He put his hand under my chin, bringing my eyes up to his.
“Hey,” he said softly.
“Hey yourself,” I breathed, my eyes flicking down to his pink lips, then up to his eyes again. He leaned into me and I did the same, keeping my eyes locked with his until the very last second. He kissed me gently, but desperately. He ran his tongue along my bottom lip and I parted my lips eagerly. He dropped the napkin from the ice cream cone and I let go of the octopus. His hands found my waist and I tangled my fingers in his hair. His lips were soft on mine. He tasted like ice cream and coffee. There was a hint of something else underneath, something that tasted like he smelled and could only be described as “Jordan.”
We kissed for what felt like hours, until the elevator dinged and someone cleared their throat.
Xander and Damon had just stepped out of the elevator. Damon had his arm crossed and was glaring at us. Xander had his hands stuffed in his pockets and was looking down, embarrassed.
“Oh, Day, Xan. Sorry, uh...” I rubbed the back of my neck. “Bye, Jordan.” I hugged him quickly and he nodded and walked to his room. I collected my octopus off the ground and waved at Xander and Damon. Xander smiled and walked into his room. Damon, however, followed me into mine, seething. I sighed.
“What, Damon? Why are you following me? What did I do wrong?” I asked dryly.
“What the hell was that? You kissed him?” He started shooting questions angrily.
“Yeah, I did. It was nice.”
“Are you even dating?”
“We went on a date today, but we’re not together...I mean, I don’t think so...”
“So are you some kind of slut now?”
I slapped him hard, the sound ringing through the room.
“Seriously? You’re calling me a fucking slut? What the fuck crawled up your ass and died today?”
There was a red handprint on his face already.
“Sorry! Sorry, I’m just mad because Ali ditched me to go shopping with Adriana,” He rubbed his cheek and swore under his breath.
“Yeah? You shouldn’t fucking take it out on me, okay, asshole? Get the fuck out of my room. Just fucking go.”
“Lala, I’m sorry, I-”
“Don’t fucking call me that. Go.”
“Lynn, I-”
“If you don’t leave in the next ten seconds I will castrate you.”
“See you later, Lynn.”
“I hope for your sake you don’t.”
The door closed behind Damon and I sighed, falling down onto one of the beds. Where are my best friends when you need them?

New Message To: Renae, Celeste.
Are you back at the hotel? I need company.

New Message To: Alice, Adriana.
When are you coming back? I need company.


I set the phone down and put my hands over my face. It began buzzing and I smiled, picking it up eagerly.

New Message From: Alice
I’m out with Riri. We’re on our way back. Everything okay?

Reply To: Alice
I’m okay but let’s just say, tomorrow your boyfriend will have a purple handprint on his face. Come to my room when you get here, okay?

New Message From: Adriana
Lis and I are on our way. We bought you some stuff!! You ok?

Reply To: Adriana
I’m okay but we all need to talk. Meet in my room, yeah?

New Message From: Celeste
im out w chris. sorry boo. be back later

Reply To: Celeste
Okay, see you when you come back. PS don’t have too much fun!! NO BABIES!!

New Message From: Renae
I’m in Matt’s room doing boring manager things. You can come hang with us? We’re very boring though.

Reply To: Renae
Riri and Lis are about to get here and we’re all gonna chill in my room. Come hang when you can?

New Message From: Alice
He’s gonna be in so much trouble, isn’t he? Kay. Riri and I will be there. Girls night? :P

New Message From: Adriana
Yes ma’am <3

New Message From: Celeste
lol love you :)

New Message From: Renae
I’ll be there soon, we’re almost done here. :D


I let my phone fall to the mattress and hugged my octopus, giggling despite myself.
Jordan kissed me. Jordan kissed me. Damon’s an asshat but Jordan kissed me!
♠ ♠ ♠
I HAVE HAD MOST OF THIS CHAPTER WRITTEN SINCE APRIL 2012.
I've literally been writing this for over a YEAR.
Holy crap.

Anyways, dedicated to my lovely Faith, who is on my friends list and I am too lazy to hyperlink to, and to my friend "Alice."

The Beach update should be soon too!
Love always,
~Ninja