Meet Me Halfway

Prologue

Annabelle Rose Fuentes, born at December 11th in 1991 and are out of Mexican descent and were born at the local hospital in San Luis Potosi in Mexico, but moved to Denmark in Europe, with her parents, when she were three years old, and she barely remember her family, like grandmothers and granddads, cousins, uncles and aunts, and so on, seeing that she haven’t met them since her and her parents left Mexico in 1994.

Today Annabelle is a grown up twenty years old girl who have her own little apartment in Denmark, where she lives with her friend, Anja. The girls ‘lives’ by traveling to different cities in Denmark and Germany to go to concerts with their favorite bands, taking pictures and writing for the Danish music magazine, ‘Gaffa’.

Annabelle never really bothered asking about her Mexican family because she knew the answers she would get, ‘We did it for the best Anna, and your father got a excellent job here, you know that. But if you really want to meet your family down there, we can take you on a vacation and go there”, and after she got that answer about seven or maybe eight times, and she answered a simply ‘no’ every time, she dropped it because she were too nervous to meet her family.

You see, Annabelle is a really shy girl when it comes to meeting new and important people.
True she had met a lot of famous people through shows and so on, but that didn’t make her so shy because she thought that she would never meet them again.

She still clearly remembered the first time she met a famous ‘non-Danish’ person.
That was when she was seventeen years old, and she and Anja went to a concert in Hamburg, Germany.
It was a concert with some of her favorite bands, The Word Alive, For The Fallen Dreams, I See Stars and Upon A Burning Body.

She were anxious about meeting The Word Alive, seeing that it had been one of her favorite bands in a long time, and that she would do anything for going to see them live, and that finally happened for her when her mom gave her permission for going and paid her and Anja’s tickets, if they just paid the transport themselves.

”Anja where the fuck are we?” she asked Anja slowly as we just got out of the second train in Hamburg.

They knew by ‘Google Maps’ that there would only be about eight minutes walking, from the train station to the venue, and twelve minutes to the hotel they would be staying at.
But the big question were, how in the hell did they get from the station to the hotel when they didn’t save the directions and neither of their GPSs on our phones worked abroad?

“We’re in Hamburg?” she asked more like a question.

“Duh, like I didn’t know idiot. But what way should we go?” she asked slightly annoyed, though she could see how stupid that question actually was.

They decided to ask some people on the way, and see if they could tell them where to go.
About ten minutes later, they were about two minutes away from the venue, because they asked some people, who more or less followed them to there so that they wouldn’t go wrong.
They left them here, and told them the rest of the way to the venue, and just as they left and the girls were about to walk, Annabelle walked straight into someone and almost fell backwards.

“Fuck I’m so sorry” she said and looked up only to be met by the one and only
Telle Smith from The Word Alive who were ready to help her back up on her legs.

She took his hand and he quickly pulled her back up on her legs and gave her a soft smile, but not letting go of her hand that still was placed in his own hand. “No worries sweets, are you okay?” he asked softly.

She could feel herself getting stunned and the only thing she could do where nodding her head like a maniac, making him chuckle softly and making the others (inclusive Anja) laughs.
She cursed at herself under her breath, hoping they would just stop laughing, and not make her own confidence worse, but apparently that wasn’t what they had planned themselves.

“Yeah I’m fine, I should be the one asking since it was me who walked straight into you” she said with a smile on her face, while her cheeks got warmer and warmer.

“I’m really great, couldn’t be better” he said with a big grin on his face. “So where are you girls going, you look kinda lost” he said and smiled softly.

“We are going to find our hotel, and then find the venue we are going to be on tonight… What’s it called Anja? … Oh yeah, it’s called ‘Hafenklang’” Annabelle smiled softly.

He told the girls that he would show them the rest of the way to the venue which was just around the corner, and then he would show them the way to their hotel which he and the other bands would be staying on too.
They of course said yes to the request, like how could you say no to that one of the members of one of your favorite bands would show you the way to the hotel you would be staying on?

While they walked to the hotel they talked for some more, about everything between heaven and earth.
When they got the hotel and were about to say goodbye to Telle, he hugged both Anja and Annabelle before he kissed Annabelle’s cheek with his soft lips, “I hope this can make up your fall” he whispered in her ear, before he said a final goodbye to the girls, and walked away towards the venue.


It was one of the best times of her life, and therefore she remember it so clearly, especially because it was, as she said, her first concert with a non-Danish band, which was a pretty big thing for her.

Annabelle also always had a big dream about being a paramedic, they fact that she could drive fast, help people when they needed it the most, and then it was a little because of the good looking men too.
But she ended up being a photographer for a magazine instead, which she isn’t complaining about at all.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter on my new story, I hope you like it so far, though the most of the chapter were a flashback. I'm halfway trough writing chapter one, where some of the boys from Pierce The Veil will be included :)

Please leave a comment, and tell be with all honesty what you think :)
And subscribe if you want to ;)