Meet Me Halfway

Chapter 2

When they arrived to the venue, Annabelle could feel herself getting more and more nervous, again because of her shyness towards people she doesn’t know. Of course she knew who Pierce The Veil were, but it wasn’t like she knew them personally.

“Calm down sweets, no need to get nervous” Anja grinned sweetly at her best friend.

“Oh just shut up will you? How can you not be nervous?” Annabelle said with her voice a bit shaken, but still she could feel the heat rise in her cheeks, because she did remember that the two girls searched for the band on Google, and that she did think that the bass player in the band were a bit of a looker.

“This is our job, not exactly this, but meeting up with famous bands are, so shut up and turn that heat in your cheeks down, will you?” Anja giggled softly before placing a friendly kiss on her best friend’s cheek.

They walked for about two more minutes before they arrived to the venue, and the two boys then led the girls to the entrance for the bands.
“Okay, give us a minute and I’ll be back with some backstage passes, okay?” Vic asked the girl sweetly, and told him okay before he and Mike went inside of the big building.

A moment later a tall, build and clearly European looking man with black trimmed hair and a lot of tattoos, came out of the entrance and walked towards the girls, “Are you Annabelle and Anja?” he asked kindly and the girl nodded a little nervous, “Great, take these and follow me” he smiled and handed them two cards which they assumed were backstage passes, before he opened the door for the girls and held it so that they could get inside of the big building.

They walked silently down the hall before Annabelle finally spoke up, “What is you name? If you don’t mind me asking” she said shyly, again feeling the heat rising in her cheeks.

He chuckled softly; “of course I don’t mind, my name is Volker” he smiled sweetly at the girls.

“Oh that a cool name, are you from Germany or something?” Annabelle asked while she suddenly was really curious. Anja nudged her arms but Annabelle just couldn’t help asking the man.

“Yeah I’m from Flensburg, how did you know that?” he asked with a smile.

Annabelle’s eyes got wide “Really? I only live about a half an hour from Flensburg, anyway that explains why I knew it, I’m in Germany a lot” she smiled softly at him, making him nod with a smile on his face.

Within seconds they arrived to the room which the girls guessed were the room where the guys were staying in. “After you me ladies” he said with a mimicking English accent before he opened the door, making the girls laugh and step inside of the room.

They were greeted sweetly as soon as they got into the room.
“Guys this is our cousin!” Vic said excitedly before he slung his arms around Annabelle’s shoulder and pressed her into his side, making her eyes grow wide and her jaw slightly drop and of course making her cheeks go hot and red, almost immediately.

“Vic take it easy man, you are getting her all shy you know, that’s not very sweet of you” Mike laughed while making his way towards his brother, cousin and his cousins best friend. “As he said, this is our dear cousin Annabelle, and this is her best friend Anja” he continued before he put his arm around Anja’s shoulder, making her blush hard.

The girls greeted on the other guys before they got asked to sit down, which they of course did and soon they were all sitting in the waiting/dressing room for the band and talking about different things.
“So do you girls love your job?” Jaime asked with a smile on his face.

“Yeah of course, it’s quite hard but it’s absolutely amazing” Anja said with a big smile on her face.

She sighed softly with a smile on my face, the day so far had been amazing and she couldn’t think of anything else than the night would be absolutely amazing as well. With that been told, she looked at the time and noticed that it was already 6pm, which meant the band should go to their sound check.

After about an hour they were back in the dressing room and Mike plopped himself down on the couch next to her, before he looked wondering at her and smiled softly. “Can I ask you something Annabelle?” he asked softly, almost looking like he regretted asking her that question.

She nodded softly and with that he went on, “Why did you always disagree and say no to go to Mexico?” he asked, making her swallow deeply and bite down her lip.

“I uhm, I got bullied a lot in the school and that made me unsure of myself, and I didn’t like going anywhere where there would be a lot of people or where there would be people I didn’t know and had to meet you know? I didn’t know if I you would judge me by my look, or by the music I listened too and about my dreams about what I would be when I ‘grew up’. I was really that unsure of myself yes, and yes I do know that you are my cousins but it just didn’t make it any better, I still felt like you would be judging me. It was too much pressure on me, so whenever my mom asked me if I wanted to go to Mexico to meet you guys, I would come up with some excuse that I knew she would buy and then we wouldn’t go. But I have to say that now that I have met you, I regret not visiting you sooner” She said honestly with a smile on her face, though she could feel the tears press behind her eyes, but she refused to let them fall and simply just took a deep breath.

She guess Mike noticed that she was about to cry, because he quickly pulled her into a really surprising hug, and held her close into his chest, “Hey it’s okay, we’re just really happy to meet you. Our mom always told us that we had a cousin bit that she lived far away so she couldn’t visit us. That made us sad because we really wanted to meet our cousin. We didn’t think more about it, but we surely never forgot about it” Mike said, which made some small tears fall from her eyes, but she whipped them away with a smile on her face from what Mike just told her.

“Thank you” she whispered softly.

Soon the silence and the sentimental moment were ruined when the door flew open and Jaime came in.
“Are someone dead here or something?” he asked, grinning like a fool which made Annabelle giggle a bit.

“Dude, you so just ruined a very sentimental moment here” Mike laughed making Jaime and Annabelle laugh as well.

“I don’t care, okay? I just wanted to ask Annabelle about something that Anja have already agreed on” he said and poked out his tongue. “So Annabelle, Anja already said yes but said that I had to ask you as well, do you wanna go with us to the after party tonight? She told me that both of you have party clothes in your bag” Jaime said with a big smile covering his face.

She thought a bit about it, what could happen about partying with them? Two of them were her cousins after all, and she really was in a need for a good party and she didn't doubt that these boys could throw a huge party out of literally nothing, “Yeah sure we want that, why not?” sShe said with a big smile on my face.

*-*-*


Soon the guys were on stage an about to start their show.
“WHAT’S UP DENMARK? ARE YOU READYYYY?” Vic screamed into the microphone, and the band started out with playing their Intro, which was sweetly followed by the song The Boy Who Could Fly, then Besitos, Disasterology, Chemical Kids & Mechanical Brides and then followed by Annabelle’s personal favorite song Bulletproof Song.

“I breathe you in with smoke in the backyard lights,
we used to laugh until we choked into the wasted nights.
It was the best time of my life, but now I sleep alone,
So darling, don't, don't wake me up, 'cause my thrill is gone.” He sang softly.

“Say I'm wrong” Jaime sang softly in the background.

“In the sunset turning red behind the smoke,
forever and alone.
Yeah!” Vic added softly again, before he continued.

“You've gone and sewn me to this bed, the taste of you and me
will never leave my lips again under the blinding rain.
I wanna hold your hand so tight I'm gonna break my wrist,
and when the vultures sing tonight I'm gonna join right in.” he sang again.

“I'll sing along, oh
'cause I don't know any other song.
I'll sing along,
but I'm barely hanging on.
No, I'm barely hanging on.
By the time you're hearing this I'll already be gone,
and now there's nothing to do but scream at the drunken moon.” Vic, Jaime and Tony all sang softly the chorus.

The rest of the song continued and Annabelle continued taking pictures for my job.
The songs carried on with cover of Bruno Mars’ song Just The Way You Are, and then their own song The Sky Under The Sea, then Jay Z & Kayne West’s song Niggas In Paris, before they again continued with their own song Yeah Boy and Doll Face.

“Okay guys, I have a surprise for you! I wrote and sang the song Caraphernelia with the very beloved Jeremy McKinnon, lead singer of the wonderful band A Day To Remember” all the audience cheered when he said his name, but he simply continued with a smile on his face, “But I want you guys to hear the right version of the song, so guys please welcome Jeremy McKinnon!” Vic screamed into the microphone, shocking everybody that Jeremy was here. Annabelle had to be honest and say that she hadn’t even seen him the entire day, and now he was just standing in front of the crowd.

“EVERYBODY; THIS IS CARAPHERNELIA” Jeremy screamed into his microphone, before they started playing and singing the ending song.

……..
When the song ended, the band thanked the crowd and told them how they would see them soon, and that they would be signing a bit outside before they would go again, which just would be towards the hotel.

Both Anja and Annabelle were snapping pictures under the show, and then they moved on to outside, snapping a few pictures where people were waiting patiently on the band coming out, and then they took a couple of pictures during the signing.

What felt like ten minutes but really were two hours later the band were done with their signing, and people were slowly leaving the venue and only a few fans were still there, but they left soon after and the boys then went to their bus to go back to the hotel they would be staying on, while Anja and Annabelle went to their car and headed towards they bands’ hotel as well.

Party, bring it on.
♠ ♠ ♠
Annabelle's outfit
Anja's outfit
WOOHOO! Almost 2000 words - just for you guys :D