Status: Hiatus for now

The Princess of Arkham

Introduction part two

I leaned my head back against the padded wall and closed my eyes. My throat was incredibly sore from screaming for six hours straight.

You realize he's going to want to see you again today, right?

"I know. But it's OK. We'll tell him why we're back again. We'll tell him who we want to meet. Just don't mention this to him." I pleaded with Valora. She can be so unforgiving sometimes.

Sounds like a plan.

I sighed and took the small paper clip I had managed to apprehend from some nurse and ran the sharp edge down my wrist. It didn't do anything, so I took it and stabbed it against my flesh. The skin broke and a small dot of blood formed. I sighed and began to wish I had never gone to that bar.

Oh stop complaining, would ya? You're so sadistic. Why can't you be more like me?

I sighed in anguish. She was so melodramatic.

"Because I hate you. You're a wuss. You can't even stand a little drop of blood. You're such a priss." I spat at her. She laughed in contempt and I just rolled my eyes.

Suddenly my door swung open and four guards stood just outside it. One of them cautiously stepped into the room and put handcuffs on me. He was obviously a new guy, because every time I tried to look him in the eye, he would begin to shake and then he'd look away from me.I shrugged and walked to the interrogation room, where Dr. Crane was waiting for me patiently.

I giggled as the guard cuffed me to the table again. Dr. Crane smiled pleasantly at me. I smiled and began to mumble to Valora.

"Tell me Andromeda, if you escaped this place just a few months ago, why are you here now?" Dr. Crane's first question was one I was fully capable of answering.

I licked my lips and began. "Well I was out running free, blowing up things, killing people, and then I got this thirst. Although it wasn't my thirst. It was Valora's thirst. So she decides to quench it. And as she's doing so, some guy comes over to her and hits her. And no one hits Valora, so I beat the shit out of him and his buddies. But by the time I was done the police had already arrived and here I am." I finished with a satisfied smile.

He didn't have his clipboard, so I assumed we would be having a nice, long chat.

"How do you feel about the Joker?" He leaned back in his seat, his arms crossed over his chest and a small smile playing over his lips.

Quite a transition in topics, huh?

I smiled and replied, " Oh, if I could love, I would love him. Unfortunately I don't have the ability to love. So I'll have to deal with lust, which is perfectly fine with me. I'm sure he's as amazing in bed as he is anywhere else."

Dr. Crane smirked at my comment and kicked his feet up on the table.

"So you're implying that you would....." I interrupted him.

"I would like to have sexual intercourse with him, yes."

I watched his expression as he processed this through. He seemed to tense up a little when I said I wanted to have sex with the Joker.

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

I rolled my eyes and mumbled to Valora, " This is my brain, so you're thinking what I'm thinking. And of course I am, what else would I be thinking?"

Dr. Crane told me in an earlier visit, like eight months ago, that he marveled at my conversations with Valora. Which I considered to be weird, because half the time he's only getting a one-sided conversation. I mean, he can't read my mind, obviously. And the times Valora does speak up, it puts me in her mind.

"Do you have emotions for me, Dr. Crane?" I asked with a half angry face, half confused face.

"How could I feel something for a girl who can't possibly feel something back?" He reassured me with a question.

I raised an eyebrow, but shrugged nonetheless. His question made sense, for him anyway.

"Do you think your sociopathic ways have something to do with your parents and why you killed them?"

I tensed up and looked away. Then I slammed my hand down on the table.

"I refuse to answer that question. It's in my file, I'm sure. If you want the answer look in there." I was so infuriated. How dare he even go near that subject.

Sensing our session was over, he called the guards and they uncuffed me from the table. When we got out into the hallway and the doc was safe behind a thick door, I had an idea. And decided to execute it precisely before I got to my room.

As we neared my door, I swiftly got out of the handcuffs and had turned to the guards. They stepped back, but I stabbed the closest guard to me in the throat. All three of the other guards turned around and ran, but I continued to stab the guy until his blood started pooling in the floor. My eyes danced around giddily and after seeing no one around, dragged the guy into my room. It took me about five minutes to cover all of my walls with the word "HA" and bloody hand prints. I smiled at my work after I had drug the guard back out of my door and had shut the door to my room. This feels more like home!