Status: Hiatus for now

The Princess of Arkham

I've been Thinking About her

I sighed and slumped down on the couch. Why was she suddenly all I could think about? I hadn't seen her since I was eight, and then she was being put in Arkham for murdering her parents. She wasn't even my type, but who was to say what my type really was. She'd been on my mind for a week now, I was even dreaming about her.

Alfred came into the room carrying a silver tray with food on it. I sat up as he placed it on the table in front of me.

"Hey Alfred, do you remember Andromeda?" I asked him, with more confidence than I felt. He looked up at me and nodded his head.

"Yes Master Wayne, I remember her. It's a shame what happened to her. She was such a lovely girl. Why do ask?" He replied with a small smile. I grimaced and blew out a mouthful of air.

"I can't get her off of my mind." I said honestly. It was hard to lie to Alfred, what with him being my caring guardian since I was little.

He tentatively sat down beside me on the couch and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Could it be because of this." He grabbed the remote to the TV and turned it to a breaking news story on the news channel.

"....I repeat patient number six, six, two, three, or someone you may remember from the past, Andromeda Corvinus, Has recently escaped from Arkham Asylum. We do not have any confirmations of how this has come, but she was last seen being carried out of Arkham by none other than Kyle Hikaru, notorious mass murderer and previously seen with the Joker. We don't know if Kyle is still working for the Joker at this time. Many of you may remember that Andromeda was placed into Arkham when she was just eight years old, for the murder of her parents......." Alfred shut the TV off and I sat stunned into silence.

She had escaped from Arkham?

I stood up and started for the door leading to my room. "Thank you, Alfred. Cancel my date with Angie. I'm going out tonight." I told him, shrugging past the door and down the hall.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short chapter I know, but hey it's a chapter.

Puts a twist on the original. I was thinking put her and Bruce together if her and Joker don't work out.