Homecoming

Homecoming

Girls lined up outside the door, decked out in sparkles, diamonds, and sequins. Their dates waited and tried to put up with the buzz of all the girls' giggles and flattery. The air had a chill, probably just the fall wind.

Emily turned to her boyfriend. “Taylor, your eyes look gross. You need to get more sleep.”

The doors opened, and teens spilled into the high school, getting wristbands, buying drinks, and taking photos.

The next few songs were packed with bumping, grinding, singing, and shouting. Then came a slow song. Couples danced closely to each other, and friends broke away from the crowd and gossiped.

“Arri,” A blonde said to the girl next to her, “Look at Emily and Taylor making out. How incredibly trashy.”

“Gross.” Said the brunette in the black dress. “It looks like he's eating her face off.” Arri examined them and her eyes widened.

Linzi screamed. “He is eating it!”

As a chaperone was going to go tell Emily and Taylor off, Arri grabbed her and warned her that Taylor was a zombie.

“You're crazy.” She said and continued walking. This is, until the Zombie got her.

Both of the girls bolted out the door.

It didn't take long for the rest of the students to realize what was going on. The oblivious DJ played some obnoxious Rihanna song as the kids tried to escape. But there was one exit and hundreds of teenagers. Within moments, the homecoming king and queen had become infected.

By the time Arri returned with the 10 gauge she kept in her Prius, there were no human survivors, but plenty of undead targets for her to shoot at.