Status: In the process

One Step From the Edge

I'll be your hero whose standing strong Who protects you from any fight

I felt something warm touch my lips, as fast as I could I opened my eyes and saw Nathan. I smiled, but the smile was very weak.
"Nath, why'd Max tell me you have to tell me something, why are we at school, where is Max, what happened?" I asked, mumbling every word.
Nathan looked at me, a little confused, then asked, "You don't remember anything?"
"Nope, all I remember was Max saying something about you telling me why something happened, frankly, what did happen?" I replied back, wondering why he was asking that question.
Before speaking, Nathan helped me stand up, then he himself got up and that's when he spoke,"Uh, well maybe we should get you back to my house before I explain everything to you, sound like a plan?"
I nodded and smiled. Why does he seem so strange, do I look like a mess, did I forget to wear a bra? I really want to know where my brother is though, I just saw him about an hour ago, plus why were Nathan and I at school on Saturday, there are too many questions running through my mind that I can't think.
Wait a second, why are we going to Nathans house, since when did he have a house of his own? Why aren't we going back to my parent's house (the house Max and I live in) I bet if we went there, Max would be in his bedroom like always, at his desk, doing some A.P. History homework, or leaned up against the wall beside his bed, reading some book, like "A Clockwork Orange" by Anthony Burgess.
"Nathan, why are we going to your house, shouldn't we go find Max, he's probably still at the house, if I had to guess reading a book," I said, laughing about the reading a book part.
He turned his head to look at me for just a second, then his eyes went back to being glued to the road, hands tightening around the steering wheel. I could see sorrow and guilt in his eyes when he looked at me, so I just dropped the question. Grabbing my purse out of the floor, I pulled out my iPod and started to play some music, to make the car ride less quiet, but every song that came on talked about losing somebody that you care about and how it's hard to forget the pain or forgive the person who's caused it.
"I don't remember putting any of this stuff on my iPod, did it get stolen or something by a Mortician or a Coroner or something, gosh it's too depressing," I said, turning off the iPod and throwing it back into my purse.
Slowly, the car eased to a stop and Nathan announced," We're here."
I nodded and grabbed my purse, then unbuckled my seat-belt, opened my door, and got out. Nathan ran around to close my door, then grabbed my hand, pulling me up his front steps. The door was opened before we got to it by Rosaline, the woman who was Nathans nanny when he was little, well I guess she still works for him. She greeted me with a warm embrace and just kept telling me that I'm better off where I am and that she'll take great care of me.
"Nathan, can I go lay down for a few minutes?" I asked, causing Rosaline to let go of me.
He nodded," I'll walk you to your,erm, our, um, I mean my room."
I smiled and started to walk in the direction of another hallway beside the stairs, until I felt Nathans arms go around my waist, picking me up and carrying me in-front of the stairs.
He laughed," Room's that way sweetie, you need to learn where everything is since you're going to be here from now on."
"What?" I asked, feeling his arms move from my waist," Going to be here from now on, what am I moving into your house?"
Nathan became expressionless and started to speak really fast," Don't hate me, but we both got detention and when we were in there, you found out your parents were making you move in with me because they're tired of you moping around Max's room acting like he's still there, you passed out and forgot about the message, speaking of Max, last October you, Max, and I got in a car accident, I got a sprained ankle, but you got hurt pretty badly, but it hurt Max enough to kill him, I ran from the accident because I had been drinking before I got to your house, ever since then you've hated me, until you passed out today, which brings me back to this, please don't hate me."
"That's a lot to process," I said, sitting down on the stairs," I don't hate you Nath, but I just wish that you would've told me that when I was asking all those questions."
Nathan opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out. I sighed and stood up, turned, and walked upstairs to Nathans room.
"By the way, I never hated you, I just put that on as an act to hide the fact I missed the only person in my life that was my own personal soldier, I've honestly always been in love with you, but I'm not sure how to feel now," I started to say," Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn, but this time I do."
♠ ♠ ♠
How is it? Rushed, too slow? Let me know by commenting!! Any ideas, inbox me/ comment, leave your thoughts.. ~Gabby