Status: In the process

One Step From the Edge

Kiss it all better, I’m not ready to go. It’s not your fault love, You didn’t know...

I found the room and sat down in the desk chair that just so happened to be facing out the window. Everything that's happened was running through my head so fast that I got nauseous. Why did all of this have to happen, well why did I have to forget it all?
There were footsteps that led up to where I was," Look, I'm so sorry, I never wanted to hurt you, I've had to live with the pain of what I did since it happened, you didn't know why I did what I did, why I drank that night, but I can't tell you the reason," Nathan said, sounding sincere with his apology.
"Nathan, I just wish you had told me earlier, it's not your fault, I mean you didn't know about what would happen that night, you didn't know, you couldn't have known, could you?" I asked.
He sighed and turned the chair around," Jennifer, I never knew that all of that would happen, especially not about your parents, they never even told me about it, honestly, I love you and it's nothing I would've ever wanted to happen to you."
"I, I want to believe you, but I just have a really hard time doing so because you kept really important things from me, I, I just want to be alone right now," I said, fighting back the forming tears.
Nathan nodded and walked out of the room, closing the door behind him. As soon as I heard the footsteps going away from the door, I got out of the chair and went over to the bed to lay down. I felt the tears finally falling, that's when it all hit me at once. None of this would've ever happened if I hadn't been so worried about going to that stupid club. I closed my eyes and started to whisper the lyrics of 'Kiss It Better' by He Is We.
"Her hands are so cold, And he kisses her face. And says “Everything will be all right”. He noticed the gun, And his rage grew inside. He said “I’ll avenge my lover tonight”. And she cried, Kiss it all better, I’m not ready to go. It’s not your fault love, you didn’t know, you didn’t know. Now he sits behind prison bars, 25 to life and shes not in his arms. He couldn’t bring her back with a bullet to the heart, Of the back of a man and tore his world apart. He was only a memory, All it is, is a memory. hey, hey. He cries, Stay with me until I fall asleep, Stay with me."
With the last line of the song I felt myself dozing off into a dream.
---------------------<3-----------------DREAM:----------------------<3-------------------------------------<3------
I opened my eyes and found myself laying on the floor of a room that was stained red with blood, but I was alone. There were pictures on the floor of Max, Nathan, and myself. Blood was on the picture, but only where Max was in the picture. I tried to stand, but I felt too weak to even limp across the room.
"I, is anyone there?" I asked into the empty space.
Looking around, I heard shuffling, seeing nobody, but hearing these words," I'm so sorry that I hurt you, it's all my fault."
"Max? Is that you," I asked again, looking towards the opened window, seeing a figure in the window.
The figure came closer towards me, as it did, I could see the appearance of Max.
"I've missed you so much Max," I said, choking out his name.
He stopped right in-front of me," You can't miss me anymore, you act like I'm still alive, but I'm not, mom and dad buried me, you were there, you stayed and watched them lower my coffin into the ground, I'm not alive, except for in your dreams, you've beaten yourself up over this, blaming yourself and Nathan, he didn't do anything but try to quit thinking about you for my sake. Jennifer, please let go of the past, let go of me, believe Nathan, he's truly sorry for what happened, if you can't forgive him, then just know that you can't see any of the good memories, all you'll see from now on is the accident. Until you forgive him, I won't visit you anymore. Please do this for me."
I closed my eyes and nodded. I took in a deep breath and opened my eyes, but when I did Max was gone and it was just me, with blood on my hands and a knife in my stomach.
--------------------------<3------------------END OF DREAM!-----------<3------------------<3---------------
♠ ♠ ♠
How was this chapter? Any comments? Let me know what you think!

Comment & Subscribe
<3 Gabby