Just One Kiss

Chapter 11

“Hey Nick, there’s something I want to talk to you about,” John ran up to Nick as the other man was watching Stacy’s match on the screen. “You probably haven’t been told yet, but next week is Stacy’s birthday.”

“No, I wasn’t told. She’ll be 26 right?”

“She’s a few months younger than you, so yeah.” John nodded. Nick nodded his head back and turned back to the screen just as Stacy fell flat on her back after taking an elbow from Michelle, who she was currently in a storyline with.

“Well, my family’s having a party for her at our house, and I was informed that you were to show up no matter what. So, when we go home for the weekend, you’re coming with us.”

“Okay, no problem.” Nick shrugged. “I do have to go take care of something though. Something I promised Stacy last week.”

“Go do it, just be back before next week,” John replied.

“Let her know?”

‘Of course,” John nodded. Nick thanked him and went down the hallway to grab his suitcase from Stacy’s dressing room. He had called for an emergency band meeting at his place in Tampa, so he had to catch a plane to get there before anyone else arrived.

The flight was uneventful. All he thought about was Stacy’s birthday, and what he could get her. He also thought about how he was going to break the news to the others about what he’s been going through.

By the time he pulled up to his house in his own car, he was beyond exhausted. Instead of unpacking, he decided to lay on the couch to take a small nap.

~The next day~

Brian walked up to Nick’s house with Kevin beside him, both completely confused as to why Nick called this meeting. They noticed Howie and AJ sitting outside the front door, both as confused and concerned and the two cousins.

“What’s going on?” Brian asked, looking between Howie and AJ.

“Waiting on you before we get Nick down here,” Howie shrugged. He had a bad feeling about this meeting, so he wanted to make sure everyone was there before they bombed Nick with questions. AJ pressed the doorbell, and a few minutes later Nick opened the door.

The first thing they noticed was he had been working out. He had lost a lot of weight, and was starting to get more muscles forming in his arms.

“Damn Nick, hitting the gym enough?” AJ asked, looking Nick up and down before giving him a hug. “Damn dude, are those pecks I felt?”

“This is kinda the reason I called for this,” Nick explained, not wanting to beat around the bush right now. “Yes, I’ve been working out, and I’ve actually changed my diet as well.” He took in a deep breath before continuing.

“I know you guys saw it, that I had a problem with alcohol and drugs, but you didn’t say anything because it didn’t really interfere with the group or anything.” Brian opened his mouth to cut him off, but Nick quickly said, “Let me get this out first.” Brian nodded, shutting his mouth quickly. “Well, I did have a problem. I was drinking way too much, doing drugs, and there’s no excuse for it, I know. I could easily say it was because of what I was going through with my family, what I was going through with the group or whatever, but I can’t. In the end, it all came down on me.”

“Well, for a while, I kept feeling discomfort in my chest, so I went to my doctor. H-He told me that I had developed Cardiomyapathy.”

“Nick, why didn’t you tell us?” Brian asked, not being able to stop himself.

“I didn’t want you to worry. I’ve been taking care of it guys. Stacy’s been helping me.”

“How does she know?”

“I needed someone to talk to when I found out, and I couldn’t think of anyone else who was unemotional enough to see how terrified I was.” Nick replied, staring at the floor.

“What’s she been doing?”

“Everything,” Nick whispered. “She knows about this because she was born with it guys. I’ve been following her advice. She’s been my trainer in the gym, and I’m feeling better than I have my entire life.”

“I’m glad to hear that,” Kevin said, a smile on his face. “And I’m glad you finally came around to telling us.”

“We just wish it was sooner though.” AJ pointed out.

“I know, I got that same song and dance from my parents and siblings earlier.” Nick replied.

“You’re really looking good though Nick.” Howie spoke up with a smile. “I noticed you starting to look run down. You’re getting your old pep back.”

“Like I said, I’m feeling better now than I have my entire life.”

“Stacy’s good for you Nick, don’t let this one go.”

“I don’t plan on it.”

~October 22~

“Surprise!” People shouted as Stacy walked into her family home.

“What’s this for?” Stacy asked, looking around at all of her family and friends gathered in her parents living room. She spotted Nick standing in a back corner with Leslie and who she knew to be BJ and Angel. John was standing in the middle with his parents and their other brothers.

“Happy birthday sweetheart,” Carol Cena said to her only daughter, wrapping her in a tight embrace.

“You guys didn’t have to do this,” Stacy said, looking around at the tables of food and drinks. There was a even a table completely covered with nicely wrapped gifts from everyone. “That really doesn’t need to be there,” she said, pointing to the table. Everyone laughed as they crowded around Stacy, wishing her a happy birthday and squeezing the life out of her with hugs.

“Happy birthday,” Nick was finally able to tell her. “I brought Angel and BJ so you can officially meet them.”

“Awesome, now you get to meet the rest of the Cena clan as well.”

“I thought John was your only brother,” Nick muttered, looking around at the four other men standing beside John.

“Nope, I’m the third born, and there’s six of us all together.” Stacy sighed. “Sorry, I never got to tell you. We’ve always been pretty busy for me to think about telling you.” Stacy grabbed Nick’s hand and led him to the corner her family was sitting at.

“Guys, this is my boyfriend, Nick Carter. Nick, this is my brother Matt, my brother Sean, my brother Steve, and my brother Dan.”

“About time we get to meet this guy,” Dan said with a wink toward Nick. Nick just smiled, but didn’t reply back.

“And these are our parents.” Stacy added, ignoring her brother’s comment. “This is our mother, Carol, and our father, John. If you’re in the same room with my father and my brother, just call my brother dork-o and he should know you’re talking to him.” Nick let out a little chuckle at that as the elder John walked up to him.

“Nice to meet you,” he said, holding out his hand. Nick took it and returned the firm handshake.

“I like this kid,” John said to his daughter. “Nice firm handshake, not afraid to be himself in front of others or to stand up in what he believes in.”

“You could tell that from a handshake?” Nick asked, surprise in his voice.

“Son, you can tell a lot by the way a man greets people. The way you said hello to Carol shows you’re a gentle touch. That’s exactly what my daughter needs in her life.”

“Thank you Dad,” Stacy said quickly, before grabbing Nick’s hand and leading him away. “Introduce me to your sisters,” she said quickly while Nick coughed back a laugh.

“Hey you two, uno momento.” Nick said to his sisters who was staring around the room, most likely to see which man was available. “I’d like you two to meet Stacy. Stacy, this is Angel,” he indicated to the brunette. “And this is Bobbi Jean, or BJ.” The blonde smiled and waved at her.

“So, that guy over there,” BJ asked, pointing to a man over in a corner. Stacy followed her gaze, and had to fight from rolling her eyes. “Is he available?”

“Sorry, no. He’s married, to my sister-in-law Caprice.”

“Oh, I’m sorry,” BJ blushed slightly. Stacy laughed and waved her hand.

“It’s fine. You’re not the first one to make that mistake,” she said.

“So, is today your actual birthday?” Angel asked, looking around at the party guests who were mingling with each other.

“Yes it is. I just turned 26.”

“You’re Nicky’s age.” BJ realized with excitement.

“I guess I am.” Stacy nodded.

“Stace, we need you for a minute!” John called from across the room. Stacy realized it was him, their parents and their brothers, so she knew something was coming up she wouldn’t like.

“Wish me luck,” she muttered, squeezing Nick’s hand before excusing herself.

“She’s adorable Nick,” Angel said, watching as she left the room with her family. “She gets the whole big family thing as well. I have to ask though, how serious are you two?”

“It’s too early to tell,” Nick replied, looking down at his little youngest sister. “I like her a lot though.”

“I have a good feeling about this time Nick,” BJ spoke up. “You’ve been through a lot lately, it’s time you finally get some happiness.”

“I am happy,” Nick replied, though he could hear how unconvincing he was himself. “I really am, there’s just a few dramatic moments with Mom I wish would just never happen.”

“She’s trying to get better Nick, but she needs people by her side in order for that to happen.”

“Can we not talk about this right now? We’re here for my girlfriend’s birthday, so, let’s focus on that for now.” Nick pleaded. BJ and Angel both let the matter drop, but as soon as they returned to the hotel room, they were going to get him talking.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update. Sorry it took a while. Really not meaning to do that. haha But yeah, Stacy birthday, more Cena family and blah blah. LOL
That's about it though, so until next time. :)