Just One Kiss

Chapter 14

“So, Stacy’s with Nick tonight?” London asked John as they sat at the kitchen table eating the dinner she had prepared for them.

“Yeah, I guess he just got home from recording his latest album with his band.” John nodded, drinking the water he had in a glass in front of him.

“She’s really smitten with him isn’t she?”

“Okay London,” John said suddenly. “All we ever talk about is my sister and our careers. We need to put that to the side for a second, and talk about something much more important.”

“Like, what?” London asked uncertainly.

“Us,” John stated, reaching out and grabbing her hand. “London, we’ve known each other how long now?”

“Long enough,” she muttered.

“Since day one, I felt something between us. I know you felt it too and do not try to deny it.”

“I’m not denying it,” London sighed, pushing her plate away from her. “It’s just, it’s not appropriate John. You’re my boss and…”

“I only hired you so I could get close to you. I knew you wouldn’t give me a second glance if you thought I wouldn’t hire you.”

“That’s….” London started to protest, but John raised an eyebrow at her, and she sighed and admitted defeat. “Absolutely true.”

“See, I knew I couldn’t let you go, plus you are one amazing chef.”

“What do you want from me John?” London asked, sitting back in her chair more. “I have nothing to offer you. I’ve told you everything about me and my life back home…”

“That’s one of the things that drew me to you, the fact that you made better for yourself, for your family. You have the go-getter style that I love seeing in people.”

“I don’t know John, Stacy is one of my best friends and if this doesn’t work out….”

“She won’t think any differently of you. You of all people know that Stacy has been waiting for something to happen between the two of us since we met. She hasn’t once brought up the topic of me and you being more than what we are now?”

“Yeah, she has, a lot.” London admitted. “So, we’ll just try it out, see where things lead?”

“If that’s what you want, that’s what we can do. Test the waters before diving in.” London nodded, and smiled as a blush crept to her cheeks.

“So, how about we make this official by you going on a date with me tonight?” John asked, picking up his fork.

“What did you have in mind?” London smiled.

~****~

Nikki walked out of her locker room only to run into Aaron Carter.

“Oh, Aaron,” she gasped. “I wasn’t expecting to see you here.”

“Yeah, I flew out with Stacy, but I’m heading out later. I have a few press things to do.” Aaron said. “I just wanted to come out and see you. I’ve missed you.”

“Actually, I have been meaning to talk to you. Wait in here and I’ll be back soon. I have a promotion thing with Mickie James.” Aaron nodded and watched as Nikki ran down the hallway before entering her locker room.

On her way to the entrance, Nikki passed by Stacy, who was talking with John.

“So you’re going? That’s great. When do you leave?” John asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

“Wait, leave, what?” Nikki asked, backtracking.

“You’re late Nik, go, I’ll tell you when you get back.” Stacy pointed out, seeing people getting antsy. Nikki growled and ran to the entrance just as her music started. After the short but impact filled promotion, Nikki went backstage as quickly as she could and walked up to the Cena siblings.

“So, what’s going on?”

“After the pay-per-view next month, I’m going to be taking time off. I’m joining Nick and the others on tour to see if I can handle his lifestyle.”

“Good idea,” Nikki nodded. “I better get going.”

“See you around,” Stacy called after her, looking toward John with amusement in her eyes.
“Hey, back,” Nikki announced as she walked into her locker room. Aaron stood up from the bench and walked to her. “Did you know Stacy was going on tour with Nick and the guys?”

“Really? Hmm, that’s a good thing. Gives her a look into his crazy lifestyle.”

“He’s not that bad is he?” Nikki asked, the concern over Stacy more than evident.

“He’s a hell of a lot better than what he was, even a month before he met Stacy.” Aaron replied as Nikki sat beside him. “She’s doing good for him. More than any of us ever could have.” They fell silent for a minute, both getting lost in their own thoughts.

“So, before you left, you said you had something you wanted to talk to me about,” Aaron spoke up.

“Oh, uhm, I forgot what it was about…” Nikki said, suddenly losing her nerve. Aaron could tell she was lying, and he shook his head.

“Nikki, you can tell me,” he said, grabbing her hand.

“I-I was just wondering what’s going on here, between us? What are we doing?”

“What do you mean?” Aaron asked, looking confused.

“What are we? Are we, are we friends, more than that? What?” Nikki asked.

“I haven’t really thought about that,” Aaron muttered. He sat back down on the bench, resting his elbows on his knees and staring off into space. “I honestly don’t know where we stand right now. You’re my best friend, but I’m not sure if I want more than that or not, which confuses me even more.”

“What do you mean?”

“I’ve always known what I wanted, and I’ve always gone after it. If I liked a girl and wanted a relationship, I worked on getting it. With you, you are my best friend, and it’s because of that friendship that I’m not so sure if I want to move forward or not.”

“You know, I’m not like most females,” Nikki pointed out. “I break up with someone, I can stay friends with them.”

“It’s not natural though,” Aaron started, but Nikki’s snort of laughter had him stopping.

“Aaron, in these past few months, you still haven’t learned I’m not a ‘natural’ person? Stacy is more normal than I am and that woman can be crazy with trying to stand out.”

“That’s one of the things that draws me to you, that you’re not a ‘natural’ woman. You’re unique, in the best way possible.”

“Well then, why don’t we give it a shot.”

“If you’re sure that’s what you want,” Aaron shrugged, smiling as he wrapped his arms around Nikki’s shoulders. She buried her face into his chest, letting out a small laugh.

“What’s so funny?” Aaron asked.

“I was just thinking about how Stacey would have reacted to me just now. I’m just starting to break out more, even though she’s been working with me since we met.”

“You weren’t ready for the change,” Aaron shrugged. “I’m sure she understands that.”

“She’s the most understanding person I know.” Nikki admitted.

“So,” Aaron said after a minute of silence. “What should we do for our first date?”

~****~

Malia walked into the living room of her home she shared with Randy. She smiled at the portrait that hung over the fireplace like she did every morning. It was on her wedding day, the entire bridal party standing in an open field. John had been Randy’s best man, and Stacy, sweet, forgiving Stacy, was Malia’s maid of honor.

“Hey baby,” Randy said, walking into the living room and spotting her staring at the picture.

“Hey,” Lia replied, tearing her gaze from the picture and smiling at her husband.

“Why do you always stare at that thing?” Randy asked, burying his face in Lia’s neck.

“Because, it was the happiest day of my life,” Malia said, turning around to face Randy.

“I know we’ve been over this before, but you’re really okay with the fact that Stacy and I are friends right? I mean, you know how we were when we were together.”

Malia sighed and snaked her arms around Randy’s neck.

“Randy, I told you, if Stacy is okay enough for me and you to be together and married, then I’m okay with the two of you being friends. I know she won’t try to get anything out of you, and that you love me for me.”

“That I do,” Randy smirked, lowering his head to cover her lips with his own.

“Baby, we can’t do this right now,” Malia groaned. “Remember we have your parents coming over soon.”

“I know,” Randy growled, lifting his head back up just as the front door swung open.

“Hey butthead!” Nathan’s voice called from the entrance.

“Haven’t you ever heard of knocking? I know I tried to beat that lesson into you!” Randy replied back, winking at his wife, who laughed and walked away from him.

“Guess you’ll have to beat it into me even more,” Nathan replied, the shrug obvious in his voice. Randy watched his younger brother plop onto his couch and put his feet on the coffee table, which Randy pushed off before sitting down with him.

“What do you want anyway? I have things to do later and don’t have time to deal with your little ass.”

“Just wanted to come and see my bro and his wife. It’s been a while since I seen you both.”

“I know man, we’ve both been busy. Lia’s headlining her own music tour and you know how the scheduling goes with this company.”

“Yeah, I know. Which is why I never got around to giving you this.” Nathan reached into the bag Randy never noticed and pulled out a small wrapped package. “Happy belated birthday bro.”

“Dude, my birthday was months ago. You could have saved it for next year.”

“Nah, I thought I’d give it to you now,” Nathan smiled, still holding the box up. “Besides, if I waited until next year, it would have been a little too late.”

Randy, confused, accepted the wrapped up box and tore at the paper. Seeing the box was blank, he opened it, and pulled out a stick that was undeniably a home pregnancy test.

“Dude, are you becoming a father?” Randy asked, looking at the little pink plus sign.

“Not me,” Nathan smirked as Malia walked from around the corner. She gave Randy a shy smile, which helped him put two and two together.

“Are you really?” Randy asked, walking up to his wife and placing his hands on her hips.

“I’m not one hundred percent sure yet,” she admitted. “I go to my doctor tomorrow.”

“I’m going to be there with you when you go,” Randy said.

“That’s why I told you now, so you can be there with me.”

“I can’t believe this,” Randy mumbled. “I could be a father soon.”

“Congratulations bro,” Nathan said. “Well, I did my part, I’ll leave you two alone for a while.” Lia and Randy watched as Nathan left the house, and Lia turned back to her husband.

“Think we’ll be ready for this if it’s true?” She asked him, placing her hand on her lower stomach.

“Honey, I’m sure we’ll be ready for anything.”

~One Month Later~

“Congratulations Lia, I’m so happy for the two of you,” Stacy smiled as she walked through the backstage area. Malia just informed her on the pregnancy, and she was one of the first to be told. They decided to wait a little bit to make absolutely sure it was true. The ultrasound from the previous day was enough to bring it to life that they were in fact becoming parents.

“Thanks Stace. So, a little birdie told me you’re going on tour with Nick and the others.”

“Yep, I finish my storyline out tonight, then I’m on tour with Backstreet Boys for a whole month. After that we’ll see what happens.”

“Well good luck, I remember being on tour with them when I was just starting out and AJ’s girlfriend. Their fans can be pretty extreme at times.”

“I took on Lita while John and Randy was in a feud with Matt and Jeff Hardy, I can take extreme.”

“That’s a different kind of extreme though,” Lia sighed. “Just, be careful, okay? Don’t be wreck less.”

“I won’t Lia, I promise.” Stacy looked up as someone banged on the door.

“10 minutes Stacy!” A crew member called through the door.

“Hey I have to get going. I’ll call you back when I’m done.” Stacy said. Lia hung up the phone and looked at the television. A sudden uneasy feeling entered the pit of her stomach. She knew Stacy could take care of herself, but something told her the tour wasn’t going to go as smoothly as Stacy was thinking it would.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update! Sorry it took a while. Kinda blah right now. hehe
Thank you for reading and commenting if you did.
ShadowsFiction, Debaucheryy, little snippets of your girls :) Hope you like them.