Just One Kiss

Chapter 16

Stacy stood on the side of the stage, watching Nick and the others as they sang and danced their hearts out. After three weeks of touring, she found their schedule to be as crazy as her own, but it wasn’t anything she couldn’t handle.

The song they were performing ended, which gave Nick the chance to glance toward the side of the stage.

“Have you asked her yet?” Brian asked, looking toward Stacy.

“Not yet, later on tonight,” Nick answered as the music for their next song started. It was possibly Stacy’s favorite song on the new album. The show ended quickly, which Stacy was slightly sad about.

“So,” Nick said while they were sitting in the dressing room. “Stacy, something was brought up, and I feel like we as a band should talk to you about it.”

“What?” Stacy asked slowly. If she learned anything about the guys after nearly a month on tour with them, it was that they were a bunch of pranksters.

“We’re going to be working on a new single, and we have this idea. The only thing is, we need a female. We were wondering if you wanted the part?” AJ spoke up.

“What would I have to do?” Stacy asked.

“Just smile for the camera, looking as pretty as you are,” Brian answered her.

“Careful Frick, your wife might get jealous,” Nick winked at his best friend. Brian scowled at him, but laughed as Nick threw a pillow at his head.

“So, what do you say Stacy? You in?” Howie asked.

“What song is it?”

“Only your favorite from the new album,” Nick replied, sitting next to her on the chair. “Helpless When She Smiles.”

“Really?” Stacy gasped. When the four band members nodded, Stacy couldn’t help but shriek.

“Okay, I’ll do it.” She finally agreed.

“Awesome!” AJ shouted. “We start filming next week, so we’ll get you prepped and everything.”

“Can’t wait,” Stacy smiled.

~One Week Later~

“Ready Stace?” Brian called out to her as she stood in the middle of the field. The black dress she wore fit her like a glove, and the autumn sun brought out the sparkle in her eyes.

“Let’s do it!” She called back. They started playing the song through loud speakers, and Stacy automatically got into character. By the end of the take, she was dancing a little and having a good time, while still playing this appealing, sexy woman.

“She’s good dude,” AJ whispered to Nick as the director yelled “cut!” Nick had to admit AJ was right. She was a natural in front of the camera.

“Okay, we need more shots of the guys performing, so Stacy, come on back here and guys, in front of the camera.”

“Here,” Nick said, quickly placing Stacy’s sweater on her shoulders. “Having fun?” Nick asked.

“A blast,” Stacy smiled. “They need you go,” she said. She stood beside a place where they had a small space heater going, knowing that she would end up with cold chills even though they were in California. The hills still got breezy, and made it a bit chilly for a no sleeve sun dress.

“I’m a house of cards in a hurricane, a reckless fire in the pouring rain.” She heard them start to sing. She watched Nick, amazed and stunned that he was the same man she met just about a year ago.

“But I’m helpless when she, smiles,” Nick sang out, causing Stacy to actually smile. What she didn’t realize was a camera man had his camera on her, so he filmed her actual reaction.

“Cut! Wonderful!” The director called out again.

“She’s beautiful and does amazing when she’s acting, but, her natural reaction is just, stunning to me.” Brian overheard someone whispering.

“She’s a woman in love, that’s one of the most beautiful things you can capture on film,” the director replied. Brian knew Nick and Stacy was getting closer and closer. He didn’t think it would be that obvious to everyone though that they were both head over heels.

“Carter can’t keep his eyes off of her.” The man from before pointed out.

“Like I said, love, it’s a beautiful thing.” The director walked away, while the camera man took off in the opposite direction.

“Hey Brian!” Nick called suddenly.

“What’s up?” Brian asked, jogging up to him.

“I was just thinking about everything we’ve done so far, and it’s just, something’s missing. Remember that small lake we passed up getting here?”

“Yeah,” Brian replied slowly.

“Think we can convince Stacy to take a dip in it and act in front of it?”

“What?” Stacy’s shrieked from behind them. “No way, no. It’s cold enough up here with just the mountain breeze. How frozen do you think I’ll be if I go swimming in a lake? Not to mention we don’t know what’s in that lake.”

“Stace, you don’t have to do it if you don’t want to. I just thought it would give the video a little bit more, I don’t know, naturalness.” Nick shrugged. He suddenly smirked, and drew her closer to him. “I also would have warmed you up myself. You know, take you to the hotel, cuddled in the bed, my body heat mixing with yours. Of course, we probably wouldn’t be responsible for our own actions by that time…” Stacy glared at him, knowing exactly what he was doing, and getting angry at herself for falling for it.

“Arg, fine!” She growled. “But if I get sick, you’re my nurse until I get better.” She replied.

“Deal,” Nick nodded. Stacy glanced over toward Brian, who just shrugged and held up his hands.

“Don’t look at me, I had nothing to do with it,” he insisted. “Hey Stacy, can I take it you’re a risk taker?” Brian asked suddenly.

“I like to think I am,” she replied slowly.

“Don’t agree Stacy. I know what he wants. There’s a hill over there that he wants to take the SUV down but he doesn’t want to go by himself.”

“What hill?” Stacy asked. Nick turned around and pointed, and Stacy ran to look at it.

“I’ll go!” She called back after a minute.

“What? No!” Nick called out.

“Come on Nick! It’ll be fine,” Stacy assured him. She climbed into the passenger seat while Brian jumped behind the wheel.

“Where are they going?” AJ asked Nick as he watched them.

“Down that damn hill,” Nick replied, running to the edge of the hill. He watched, noticing that Brian was only easing himself over. He relaxed because he knew now that Brian wasn’t going to go full speed. Whatever speed they had would come from the decline. When they stopped at the bottom of the hill and they both got out, Nick released the last of his pent up breath.

“That was fun Nick! You should try it!” Stacy shouted up to him.

“No thanks, one heart attack is enough for me for one day!” He shouted back to her, though he was smiling while he said it.

“Let’s get back to work guys!” Howie called down beside Nick. Brian drove the SUV back up the hill and to where they knew a lake was. When the SUV stopped, Stacy got out, took off her flats, and jumped into the lake.

“Whoa!” She screamed as the cold hit her.

“Cold?” Nick smirked. Stacy swam closer to him, and when she knew she was in reach, used her hands to splash water on him.

“You tell me!” She called, climbing out of the lake and immediately shivering from the cold.

“Okay we’ll get this done quick,” the director assured Stacy. Though everyone knew she was freezing by now, she forced her lips to stop shivering and got into character. They took about fifteen takes before they declared it a wrap on Stacy and the band.

“Here,” Nick said, taking the blanket Howie offered him and throwing it around Stacy’s shoulders. She cuddled into him, trying to feel his body heat through the blanket.

“Y-You owe me,” she shivered out.

“I know, I promise, I’ll make it up to you,” Nick replied, running his hand up and down her back to give her some friction heat.

“Get her in the van and turn the heat on. She can change in here as well.” Brian said, handing Nick the keys. He nodded and helped her into the van, starting the engine and putting the heater on full blast. After a few minutes, Stacy started to regain feeling in her hands and fingers.

“I think I can get changed now,” she said, blowing into her hands.

“I’ll be right outside,” Nick told her before climbing out. Another minute went by, and Stacy emerged dressed in a pair of jeans, a T-shirt and regular sneakers.

“Better?” he asked her, grabbing her cold hand.

“A little, still freezing.” She answered him, taking her free hand and putting it on the small of his back, under his shirt. He hissed at the sudden cold to warm contact, but recovered quickly.

“I love you Stacy,” Nick whispered in her ear, not able to stop himself.

“I love you too,” Stacy whispered back. They didn’t notice the other guys watching them, glancing between each other with looks of concern.

“I’m happy for them, but I just have a bad feeling.” AJ finally confessed. “Nick’s got a lot of struggling going on, and he’s not one to talk it out with anyone.”

“I know,” Brian replied. “And with him getting over drugs and alcohol, that just adds way too much more.”

“But it’s Nick guys, he knows now that he has a lot more to live for now. Especially with a new girlfriend and a chance at a long happy life with her, he wouldn’t do anything to jeopardize it.”

“I hope not dude.” AJ mumbled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I took a while to update. Still getting my butt kicked at work. Hopefully I'll be able to keep busy with school come summer/fall. *Which ever I can get into first.*
Also, hopefully, it doesn't take as long to update next time. XD I really am prewritten, I just have to get myself motivated to post it! XD
But here you go. This is a milestone for Nick and Stacy. Think this will last? Wait and see! XD