Just One Kiss

Chapter 2

“Hey, how did things go at the show?” Brian Littrell asked as Nick climbed on the tour bus.

“Okay. We were out in the ring for like five minutes to watch the divas dance. That was it.”

“Nothing behind the scenes happened then?” AJ asked, a smirk on his face as he walked past Nick into the small kitchen area.

“Not really, why?”

“So you call saving a diva from a runaway gold cart nothing? Damn, you’re more humble than people realize.”

“How did you guys hear about that?” Nick asked, looking from Brian to AJ and back again. “Did Aaron tell you?”

“Nope, that would be me.” A female voice said. Nick looked up and smiled at the woman who was their opening act for quite a few shows.

“Lia, what are you doing here? Better yet, what were you doing there?”

“My husband is a superstar remember? And I’m here to see my old guys again. I miss seeing you all.”

“It’s great to see you again.” AJ spoke up, smiling toward his ex-girlfriend. “So, do you know the diva he saved?”

“You could say that. I met her at a charity dinner almost two years ago. She was there representing her boss. To make a long story short, I kind of stole her boyfriend and now I’m married to him.”

“Wait, Stacy was dating Randy when you met him, but he broke up with her to be with you? That’s some Jerry Springer crap right there.” Brian muttered as another man entered the sitting area.

“Hey Nick, when did you get here?” Howie Dorough asked, sitting next to Nick on the couch.

“About a half hour ago.” Nick replied.

“Nickel here is a hero Howie.” Brian spoke up teasingly.

“It was nothing, a guy lost control of a golf cart, she was in the path. I just happened to see it was going to happen when I walked up to her so I grabbed her and pulled her out of the way.”

“Don’t forget to mention she lives in Tampa, and she’s a Nicky C. fan.” Malia added. “Actually, she’s a huge Backstreet Boy fan, but loves Nick’s solo album as well.”

“How much?”

“One of his songs is her entrance song.” AJ, who was taking a sip of something in a cup, starting coughing a sputtering as he realized what Malia just said.

“Which song?” he asked once he was able to breath again.

“Forever Rebel. It actually suits her as both a wrestler and a normal person.”

“I’ll bet.” AJ laughed, lifting the cup to his mouth again.

“You say that like you know who she is now.” Lia smirked.

“I’ve heard of her. Stacy Cena? John Cena’s little sister.”

“Yep, that’s her,” Nick nodded, standing up and walking toward the counter with the coffee pot. He poured himself a cup and took a drink, wincing when it turned out to be luke warm and old. “How old is this?” he asked his band mates as he tossed the rest down the drain to start a new batch.

“You’re mother’s age,” AJ replied quickly. “But back to you and Stacy. You like her don’t you?”

“What is this 1995 again?” Nick asked in reply. “You’re sounding like Aaron last night. He was all set to hook the two of us up last night I’m surprised he didn’t kidnap Stacy.” When everyone continued to stare at him, he scowled and shook his head. “Yes okay, I might find her a bit interesting and she is attractive as hell. But that doesn’t mean I’m going after her or that I want any of you to do anything to hook us up. What I know of her, she’s a really sweet, caring person, so she doesn’t need to tangle up in someone like me.”

“Considering she still calls Randy and me two of her best friends, considering what we did to her, I say she’s the most caring person I know. So are you Nick.” Malia said. Nick shoved his hand through his short blonde hair, aggravation setting in.

“I’m not doing this,” he grumbled.

“Nick!” Brian called as Nick stormed through the bus into the bunk area. Using the lower bunk, he hoisted himself into his bunk on top, and made sure the curtain was closed before pulling out his music player and turning it on full blast.

He was going to forget about Stacy Cena, no matter what it took.

~***~

“Thanks for the help London,” Stacy smiled at the other woman as she carried another box into the kitchen.

“No problem,” London replied, opening the box and looking inside to see what was in it. She smiled when she realized it was just what she had been looking for.

“So, John told me about you and that Nick guy from that group you like.”

“It was nothing, we met and talked for a while. Then he ended up pulling me out of the way of a racing golf cart. No biggie.”

“I say big biggie,” London giggled, taking the dinner plates from the box and unwrapping them from the bubble wrap. “You realize you haven’t been serious with anyone since you and Randy were together?”

“Thanks miss obvious,” Stacy groaned, taking a plate and setting it in the cabinet above her head.

“I’m just saying, maybe it’s time you go back out and play the field again. If that means going out with Nick, then so be it.”

“Lon, he’s an international pop sensation who has girls and women throwing themselves at him all the time. A few of them drop dead gorgeous. Why would he be interested in me?”

“You’re nice, caring, and you might not believe it, but you’re just as drop dead as all those other chicks out there. Possibly even more.”

“It wouldn’t work out London,” Stacy sighed, walking back into her living room and putting an abrupt stop to the conversation. London watched her friend leave the room and shook her head, cursing under her breath at how stubborn the Cena siblings were.
Silently, London went back to working on unpacking the kitchen while Stacy stayed in the living room, arranging the pictures of her friends and family on the mantle and the tables. She picked up one picture that was taken at the charity dinner. It was her, Nikki, Randy, and John. Randy had his arms around Stacy’s waist, his chin resting on her shoulder.

While most people didn’t believe her, Stacy was truly happy for Randy. He found who he was meant to be with, even if it took breaking her heart to get there. He’s apologized every time they talked in the past year and a half, but in the end, Stacy knew it was meant to be.

Maybe it was time for her to move on fully.

“Hey London,” Stacy called, setting the picture frame down and walking back into the kitchen. “We’ve been working for a while, how about we go check out some of the shops and grab a late lunch?”

“Sounds like a plan to me,” London smiled, putting the last dinner plate in the cabinet before shutting the door. “Shop first or eat first?”

“I say eat, so we can take a nice stroll while we’re shopping,” Stacy replied, grabbing her keys and cell phone and heading out of the apartment. She locked the door and walked outside the building, making sure London was still with her.

“I think there’s a little place down the street,” London said, pointing down toward where she knew a small shopping area was.

“You would think with how many times I’ve been down here I would kind of know my way around here.” Stacy laughed as they started walking down the sidewalk.

“You’re sense of direction is a little off. You have to adjust yourself with the move and all.” London shrugged. “This is a nice place though.”

“It is,” Stacy agreed as they passed a little shop. She glanced inside to see if it would be a place that she could look at later. It turned out to be a music store.

“Definitely going in there,” London said as if she was reading Stacy’s mind. The two continued walking until they found a restaurant that was outside.

“Sweet,” London said, walking up to the hostess. They were seated and after their drinks were ordered, started looking over the menu.

“What sounds good to you?” London asked Stacy as a group of men passed by them. London eyed them all while Stacy looked over the menu.

“Girl, there are some fine choices in this city.” Stacy looked up, confused, before she saw London staring after the guys.

“Head out of the clouds please Lon.” Stacy laughed, turning back to the menu.

“I think I’ll get the Chicken Fajita,” London said, setting her menu down and looking around again.

“You’re more interested in this place than I am.”

“I’ve never really seen a place like this before,” London admitted. Stacy suddenly remembered that London grew up in Brazil, where it was mainly jungle terrain.

“How is everyone anyway? I never asked you for a while.”

“They’re all doing good. Mama is the same old Mama she’s always been. Jose started High School this year and he’s loving it.”

“What about Adrian, he’s technically a junior this year isn’t he?”

“More or less,” London shrugged. “But he’s like any teenager his age. Can’t wait to get out of school and leave home. I can’t believe how much he’s grown.”

“Weren’t you his age when you left?”

“Yeah, but that’s ancient history. The main talk now. How do we get you hooked up with that cutie Nick?”

“We don’t,” Stacy said flatly.

“Come on Stace, you like him, from what you told me, he likes you. So go for it girl!”

“This is over with.” Stacy smiled as the waitress came up to their table. “Let’s eat shall we?”

“Bon Appetite,” London replied with a wink.