Status: Just starting, with semi-frequent updates :)

Yours Truly

Chapter Eleven

I walked through the airport with Bettie quickly, both of us glad we didn’t have to fight a large crowd like normal, and kept my eyes peeled for a sign holding our names. Bettie was craning her neck to look as well, and before I had time to react she was happily skipping off towards the crowd of awaiting people. A laugh escaped my lips as she introduced herself to the shocked driver, and I quickly joined them to introduce myself. He quickly ushered us towards baggage claim, even going as far as pulling our bags off as we pointed them out.

“Val, we’re in New York City right now,” Bettie said excitedly as we started our trek to the venue.

“I know,” I said taking I the scenery I vaguely remembered from my last trip in America, “And in just about an hour, we’ll be seeing our boys.”

We continued to talk aimlessly as the drive dragged on, and I was grateful when the familiar venue was finally visible. I did a quick check of my hair and makeup in my compact, passing it to Bettie so she could do the same, and stared in awe at how long the line was. We drove past the main entrance, making our way around to the blocked off bus area, and I practically ripped the door open as the car stopped. The man told us he’d take our bags to the appropriate bus, and I waited patiently for Bettie to meet me in front of the car. I could hear our names being shouted from a few of the fans lined up on the makeshift barricade, and we quickly waved before heading towards the doors.

A familiar security guard greeted us at the door, pointing us towards the stage where we could hear sound check happening. Our paces quickened, and we somehow managed to only get lost once in the maze they called hallways. When we finally made it side stage, we had to stop ourselves from running out, seeing as the VIP ticket holders were watching their special sound check. Before they had a chance to spot us, Bettie pulled us behind one of the road cases, and whispered her plan to me, making me stifle a laugh. We heard them end their sound check shortly after, and hushed our whispers as they made their way offstage.

“LIAM!” Bettie squealed, disguising her voice perfectly, and jumping from our hiding spot, “LIAM OH MY GOD!”

“What the fuck?!” Niall shouted, turning around expecting a fangirl, “Oh Christ. It’s only Bettie.”

I was supposed to jump out right after Bettie, yelling Zayn’s name instead, but the reaction she had conjured up sent me into a fit of giggles. I was so busy laughing that I didn’t realize Zayn had noticed me, and let out an unflattering squeak as he hauled me up from the ground. I quickly recovered, launching myself at him in a hug, and laughed as he twirled me around in excitement. I went in for a kiss as soon as he put my feet back on the ground, and it didn’t take long for us to get lost in our own little world. I could vaguely hear the others telling us they were going to eat something from the catering room, but brushed them off so I could spend more time with Zayn.

“God I’ve missed you,” he murmured against my lips, causing a shiver to run up my spine.

“I’ve missed you too, babe,” I said, finally untangling my body from his arms, “Let’s go get some lunch though, I’m starving.”

“Your stomach always knows when to ruin our moments,” Zayn joked, linking our fingers together, “Was your flight good?”

I nodded, and we made small talk as we made our way to the catering room. The room was noisy, and I quickly pile my plate high before sitting at the table with Niall, Olly and Zayn. I sat with a smile as the three men chatted told her about the antics on the tour, and greedily dug into the food I had piled onto my plate. We all dispersed after our meals were finished, and I found myself on the couch in the green room with Bettie as the boys mucked around. I excused myself in the middle of their faux wrestling match, and stepped into the hallway to call my mum. She answered on the third ring, and barely let me greet her before asking me a million questions about my flight to America.

I kept her entertained with boring details, and made her laugh with the story of how we greeted the boys. She told me about her day, and I was shocked when she told me she had spoken to my biological father. It wasn’t that they hated each other, but they normally only talked if they were at a function that required both of my parents to be there. She told me that they were discussing Zayn and I’s wedding, and how they couldn’t have been happier that I had chosen to spend my life with him. I thanked her profusely, a few tears clouding my vision, and ended the call when I heard the door open behind me. The boys were all dressed for their first act, and I wished them luck as a stagehand ushered them forward. Zayn stopped to give me a quick kiss and an ‘I love you’, before jogging to catch up with the others.

“Everything alright?” Bettie asked, coming out of the green room a few seconds later, “It looks like you were crying.”

“I’m fine, just being overly emotional,” I chuckled, “Speaking of, do you mind running to the corner store with me? I forgot girl stuff, and that’s not something I want to be without.”

Bettie agreed, standing up to grab her bag, and the pair of us snuck out the back and into a car without many fans noticing. The driver took us to a Duane Reed a few blocks away, far enough to hopefully not run into any fans, and assured us that he’d stay parked in his spot before the pair of us shuffled out. We split up, Bettie muttering something about needing a soda, and I quickly found what I was looking for. I picked up the familiar box, and started off to find Bettie, before slowing at the end of the aisle. I bit my lip as I studied the boxes, and dropped my box of tampons as Bettie walked up and cleared her throat.

“You’re not, are you?” she asked, bending down to pick up the box I had dropped.

“Maybe? I have no idea,” I said softly, shaking my head, “I mean, we’re always really careful when it comes to sex, but I’m about a week late. That never happens.”

“It could be stress,” she stated, obviously trying to lighten the situation, “I know you’ve been really stressed about the media finding out about the engagement. Not to mention all the planning you’ve been doing for the actual ceremony.”

“Yeah, you’re right, that’s probably it,” I said with a sigh, “But do you think I should get one? Just to be sure?”

Bettie clicked her tongue in thought, and after a few moments nodded as if to say, why not. I grabbed one of the tests, not really looking at the box, and dashed to the counter to pay. The old lady thankfully didn’t recognize either of us, and rang up my two boxes without as much as a second glance at my face. The ride back to the venue was silent, and our silence continued as we sat in the greenroom and stared at the unopened box. I finally took the initiative to take the test after a grueling ten minutes, and came to an expectant looking Bettie.

“We’ll know my fate in five minutes,” I said, collapsing onto the couch, “What am I going to do if it’s positive, Betts? I can’t take care of myself most of the time, let alone a child.”

“Just know I’m here for you no matter what,” she said, squeezing me into a hug.

I hugged her back, and we stayed cuddled on the couch until the buzzer on my phone went off signaling it had been five minutes. I took in a shaky breath as I walked to the bathroom, and didn’t look at the markings on the test until I was out in front of Bettie again.

“Well, what’s it say?” she asked, a mixture of emotions flitting across her face

“I’m not sure,” I said, still not looking at the test, “Count of three and I’ll look?”

“One, two, three!” she said quickly, making me turn the stick over in my hand, “Well, come on. Don’t keep me waiting.”

“It says I’m-“ I started, only to be interrupted by a knock at the door.
♠ ♠ ♠
so is she or isn't she?!? (lbr I'm still deciding if she is or not so I don't even know!) Which would you like to see though??

comments are appreciated :) xx