Status: Story has been Abandoned

Tales of the Dragonaut: Blood Destiny

Chapter 3: A Dragon Egg?

“Did… we have…. to run…. all the way….. here?” Athena said trying to catch her breath. “No…..but it…..was fun.” Elita said as they walked up to her grandmother’s house. “Grandma, I’m here and I brought Athena” Elita called as the entered the house, “Hello Dear, take a seat ill fix some tea.” Her grandma said as they walked in the living room. “Here you are girls, Athena I hope my granddaughter didn’t drag you here against your will” she said as she walked in the room. “Oh no, not at all” Athena said glaring at Elita. “Oh dear I forgot your gift in the back room, let me go get it” she said as she walked to the back room. A few minutes later she walked back in the room with a small box. She set it down on the table. On the box was a small depiction of a dragon, “oh wow” Elita said as she reached for it. “This has been in my family for years and it’s about time that it should be given to its real owner.” Her grandma said with a voice of mystery. When Elita touched the box the symbol on the box began to glow and the box popped open on its own. “Ah I thought so, you are the rightful owner.” Her grandma said happily. “What” Elita asked as she looked in the box. “Oh nothing dear, just enjoy your present.”
Inside the box was a small green stone, it was polished and in the shape of an egg. “Oh it’s beautiful, I love it” Elita said as she picked it up the box. “Take care of it or it won’t hatch” her grandma said. “Hatch?” Athena asked. “Oh yes that’s a dragon’s egg” she added smiling. Athena’s eyes widened, “a real dragon’s egg?” she asked. “Oh yes and it’s now Elita’s dragon egg, so take care of it dear."