Status: Active

Breaking the Rules

Chapter Twenty-Two

“I like it,” Tom says. Nathan and Jay got about 2/3 of the song done. Now we’re just chilling in the living room again.

“Why thank you,” Nath thanks him.

“My voice feels like shit,” Jay states, his voice cracking just to prove a point.

“Same. Can someone make me tea?” Nathan asks looking around.

“My legs and arms are broken,” I say.

“And I’ve just hot glued my fingers together,” Max joins.

“I’ve got to check my fish, he can’t swim well,” Jay jokes.

“I’m allergic to making tea,” Siva comes in.

“And I’m just too lazy,” Tom says honestly.

“Fuck ya all,” Nath grumbles, getting up.

“Make me some,” I say before he leaves.

“Me too!” “I want some!” “Make some for me!” “Get me some!” They all yell at him.

“Once again, FUCK YOU ALL!” Nathan yells back at us. We all brake into laughter.

“Thanks Nath!” I call. I can hear him grumbling and hitting pans together.

“What time is it?” Tom asks looking around without moving the rest of his body.

I read the time off the TV box. “9:30.”

“At night?” he asks.

“No. We stayed up all night. And no one noticed. Time really flies doesn’t it?”

“Sarcasm?”

“Yes, you retard.”

“That’s not very nice.”

“You’re not very nice.”

“Hey!”

“Yes, dear old man?”

“I am not old!”

“Older than me!”

“To be fair, older than all of us,” Jay jumps in.

“Told ya!”

“That does not make me old!”

“Does too!”

“Does not!”

“Does too!”

“Not!”

“Yes it does!”

“No!”

“Yes!”

“SHUT UP!” Nath yells, walking in with six cups of tea.

“Mine!” I scream jumping to my feet and grabbing one.

“Chill out child,” Max demands. I glare at him for a bit, and then get back to happily drinking my tea.

“What are we going to do now?” Siva asks.

“I’m going to wait for Charlie and Tom fight like children again. It was entertaining,” Jay says.

“I’m glad you think so,” I tell him. “I’m down for sleeping.”

“Me too,” Nath agrees, secretly winking at me. I roll my eyes at him.

Tom stands up and walks to his room for no reason. “I AM NOT OLD!” Then he slams the door shut.

“What?” I say.

“He’s tired,” Max explains.

“Got it,” I nod. “Me too.”

“Bedtime!” Jay yawns.

“Agreed,” Siva sighs. We all make our way into our rooms.

I change quickly and am just about to get into bed when Nathan pokes his head in.

“Hey buddy. What’s up?” I ask. He says nothing, but instead he jumps onto my bed.

“Heya,” he says.

“Okay,” I shrug, crawling on top of him. I look down at him as he looks up at me. And after twenty
seconds of staring at each other, I feel his hands on my hips. I smile and kiss him. He deepens it and I find myself lost in pleasure.

[c]~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~[/c]

I wake up slightly aware of the man next to me. I can’t help to realize that, really, I know nothing about him. I know the basics, but really what is that compared to everything in the world. He doesn’t know much about me either, so I guess it doesn’t matter. I let that train of thought drop and get out of bed.

I take a quick shower and head back to see Nathan has left. Good. Wouldn’t want the boys to find out anything. I change for the day. Jeans, shirt, sweatshirt. I walk out into the hallway and scrunch my nose in confusion. I smell food, not half bad.

“Who and what is that?” I call to the kitchen.

“Tom and food!” Tom answers.

“You cook?” I say, walking into the kitchen. I see Tom isn’t really a morning person, he hasn’t
bothered to put a shirt on. Or shorts for that matter. Just doing the usual cooking in boxers.

“Little bit.”

“Well coulda said that earlier. I could’ve saved a lot of time.”

“But I would’ve used more time.”

“So…”

“Anyways… want some pancakes?”

“Sure. Why are you up so early?”

“My girlfriend called at six,” he explains rubbing his eyes. “She forgot how noon there is not noon here.”

“Well that’s not good.”

“Nope. But still love her.”

“Awe, you’re so sweet Tommy.”

“Thanks.”

“Who made food?” Max asks walking in.

“Tommy Boy here did.”

“Cool. I want some.”

“Got it,” Tom says, putting more batter on the pan.

“So, what’s the plan for today?”

“Studio. Nathan and Jay gotta finish the song, then you all are gonna record it. Then we have a song written by Ryan Tedder for ya. Ready?”

“Ready.”