Status: Active

Breaking the Rules

Chapter Twenty-Four

“Nath, what’s wrong?” I ask. We were currently cuddling on the couch, mindlessly watching TV again. He seems kind of… out. Just sad-like.

“Nothing,” he tries to lie

“Lying.”

“No.”

“Yes.”

“Fine. It’s just that…”

“What Nath?”

“I feel like I’m going behind the boys’ backs with this.”

“I don’t know what to say.”

He laughs. “Well, thanks for being honest.”

“No problem.”

We sit just staring at each other for a few minutes when he talks again.

“Charlie, can I ask you something?”

“Go ahead.”

“Will you be my girlfriend?”

I don’t even need to think. “I think that is a rhetorical question,” I say kissing him. “Yes.”

Nathan’s POV

“Yes,” she says. Yes. A simple word that makes my day. I smile widely before kissing her beautiful face.

The thought crosses my mind that now I’ll really have to tell the boys. I let it pass and think of the thing at hand, making Charlie happy.

[c]~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~[/c]

“So there girlfriend, the boys will be here in five minutes,” I say to Charlie reading the text I just got from Siva.

“Well then boyfriend, should we order some food?” she suggests. Yes, we have been saying girlfriend/boyfriend ever since I asked her.

“We should girlfriend. What should we get?”

“We should get pizza, boyfriend.”

“Okay girlfriend. Let’s do it.”

“How many pizzas should we get boyfriend?”

“Three, girlfriend. We eat a lot.”

“I can imagine, boyfriend. So… vegetarian, pepperoni, and…”

“How ‘bout we ask the boys, girlfriend?”

“Why don’t you text them boyfriend?”

“I’ll do that girlfriend.”

“Thank you boyfriend, you’re amazing.”

“Not as amazing as you, girlfriend.”

“You’re lying, boyfriend.”

“I am not, girlfriend.”

“Well then, boyfriend, you are just as amazing as me.”

“I can accept that, girlfriend.”

I quickly text Siva to ask the boys what pizza they want. He says cheese.

“Hey girlfriend. Seev said the ever-traditional cheese.”

“Thanks boyfriend. I’m going to call them right now.”

“Kay. Have fun girlfriend.”

“I will boyfriend.”

I watch as she gets up to leave the room. I’m so happy she said yes because if she didn’t… well that would be embarrassing.

“Nathan! Hey kid,” Tom says jumping onto the couch.

“Hey. How’s that song coming along?” I ask them.

“Pretty fucking well, if I do say so myself,” Jay answers.

“Pizza’ll be here in five,” Charlie informs as she walks in. “Hey boys.” They all say hi.

“People be a-likin’ the new Wanted Wednesday,” Country Jay says walking in with his computer.

“Read us some,” I say. Jay goes on to read multiple “Who’s that girl!?!?!” comments, a few “OMG look at Siva's face at this time!!!”, and the casual “That’s what she said”’s that Jay missed. He is only interrupted by pizza.

“Holy shit! What is this?” Max asks Charlie, looking at the giant boxes.

“Dominos…” she answers.

“Well it's not like ours back home,” Jay says. I agree, but I can’t tell if that’s in a good way or not.

In five minutes all three pizzas are gone and I’m exhausted.

“Guys I’m going to bed, see ya in the mornin,” I say walking over to my room.

Well, today was a good day.