The Story Left Untold

10

I pulled my knees up to my chest as I sat on the balcony, and stared aimlessly at the midmorning skyline. The cup of tea I had brewed after I woke up was now cold in my hands, but I couldn’t find it in myself to go inside and pour it out. A gust of wind caused my to shiver, my mind finally realizing that I needed to be in more than yoga pants and a jumper, and I cuddled further into myself.

“Payton, please come inside,” Louis said softly from the doorway, jostling me from my daydreaming state.

“Why? So I can stare at the wall? At least this is a change of scenery,” I sighed, looking at him briefly.

I heard him sigh in return, and wasn’t surprised when he stole the mug from my grip, and pulled me up from my spot. I tried fighting it, dead-weighting my body as much as I could, but realized it was useless when he drug me like I weighed nothing. I followed him mutely, and gratefully accepted the blanket he draped across us as he sunk into to the loveseat.

Since the custody hearing, I had moved to London to live with Louis, and this was quickly becoming our normal routine. I found it hard to function normally, a depression I hadn’t felt in years settling over me completely, and spent most of my days lost in my thoughts. Louis had been amazing during the time, knowing the situation wouldn’t be easy on anyone, and tried his hardest to help in any way he could. I knew that I had been shutting myself out from the world, but I could barely find strength to shower daily, making leaving the flat seem impossible. He always tried to lure me out with promises of Starbucks, shopping and my favorite restaurants, but I would pretend not to hear him, or feign being tired. If I had been in his shoes, I would’ve grown irritated with me within the first week, but he still kept by my side after a month.

“Payt, all of us are going to dinner tonight, and I’d really love if you’d join us,” Louis murmured as he pressed his face into my hair, “It’s just at Niall’s place, so we don’t even have to leave the complex. Please? For me?”

“I don’t know Lou,” I started, looking up into his hopeful blue eyes, “I probably won’t be that fun, I know you’re dying to rip your hair out with how I’ve been acting. I don’t want to ruin the evening.”

“Don’t say that, Payton,” he said sternly, making me stare into his eyes, “You’re not a downer, at all. Everyone understands that your life was just completely turned upside down, for the second time in a year. They all miss you, and word has it that Niall is finally bringing his bird around, and I know you are curious to see who it is.”

He knew that once he mentioned Niall’s bird, I would find it hard to say no to him. I just sighed, telling him I would go, and watched as his eyes lit up before he gave me a soft kiss. I leaned into him, the familiarity of his lips easing the hurt feeling in my mind, and let out a content sigh as we parted. I nuzzled my head into his neck, grateful that I was regaining the feeling in my limbs, and lazily paid attention to the TV program he chose.

We stayed wrapped up for the remainder of the afternoon, Harry joining us somewhere around 3, before I eventually found my way to the bathroom to shower. I put extra effort into my hair and makeup, considering I hadn’t seen anyone but Louis and Harry for quite some time, and was pleased with my results. I threw on jeans and a baggy sweater, one that I had stolen from Louis side of the wardrobe, and slipped on my Toms just the boys told me we were leaving.

We were the last to arrive, the boys telling everyone that I had taken too long getting ready, and I happily hugged them all in greeting. I hounded Niall about his rumored girlfriend, and he turned red as he told me she’d arrive soon. We all ended up with beers in our hands, something that seemed to happen at all of the dinners I had with them, and I nearly choked on mine when a familiar voice flowed through the room.

“Tomlinson, you better have brought my favorite girl,” Kinsley said, appearing in the doorway, “And you did. Good boy.”

“KIN!” I shouted, running over and launching myself into her open arms, “I’ve missed you so much. Why didn’t you tell me you were coming? Oh my god. You’re not dating Niall, are you?”

“Breathe woman!” she laughed, breaking our hug, “I’ve missed you too, and I kept it a secret on strict orders from Louis. And heavens no, that’d be the other Irish I came with.”

“Wait, who?” I asked, quirking my eyebrow and turning to study the room, “Briley!? You’re the girl that Niall has been seeing?”

“Guilty,” she said airily, something I had somehow missed, “It’s nice to see you Payton.”

I gave her a quick hug, apologizing for glancing over her at first, but she just laughed it off. Niall announced that dinner was waiting for us in the kitchen, and we all piled around his table greedily. I piled the food onto my plate, realizing that my lack of eating was finally catching up with me, and blushed when I realized I was the only person who went back for thirds. The boys laughed at me, saying I could out eat Niall if I really tried, but I just shook my head knowing they meant well.

Briley had brought desert, two different homemade pies, and I was shocked I still had room in my stomach for my slice. We all stayed at Niall’s flat for a few more hours, playing Apples To Apples a few times, before leaving back to our own flats. Lou and I retreated to our room when we got back, deciding a movie marathon before bed sounded like a good idea.

“Thanks for making me go tonight, I had fun,” I told Louis softly as we cuddled under the duvet, “I think getting out of the house is a good thing for me. Doesn’t give me time to dwell on my thoughts.”

“I’m glad you came,” he said, kissing my head softly, “Maybe we can go on a date sometime soon, yeah? We’ve been together for 4 months now, and I’ve only taken you on one proper date. Something isn’t right there.”

“You’ve done enough to excuse the lack of dates,” I smiled, “But yes, a date would be lovely.”

He promised he’d start his planning, and turned on the TV to show the menu of Titanic. I laughed, filling him in that I had watched the movie the night we had drunkenly slept together, and the pair of us dissolved into a fit of giggles as he pressed play.
♠ ♠ ♠
I owe all of you a massive apology for how long it took me to get this out.
I honestly have no excuse as to why it took so long, other than loss of inspiration for nearly everything I tried writing.
Possibly a time jump in the next chapter, just a warning!
I hope you guys liked it, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to end it in a few chapters. And then add an epilogue.
Reviews would be lovely!