The Story Left Untold

02

When I pulled into my driveway, Kinsley was already sitting on the front steps, holding her arms open for a hug. I practically fell into them, sobs starting to wrack my body, and let her lead me inside so we wouldn’t freeze. She guided me to the couch, and rubbed my back as I sobbed into her shoulder, telling me it would be okay.

“But it won’t, Kinsley,” I said wriggling from her grasp, “Louis has never talked to me like that, or even be mad at me. I’m pretty sure he’s never talked to anyone like that for fucks sake.”

“He’s just hurt, Payton,” she said, touching my shoulder in a comforting manner, “He’ll come around. I can guarantee it. How about you go upstairs, put on some comfortable clothes, and I’ll bring in all the supplies I bought?”

I just nodded, wiping the tears from my face, and mutely shuffled upstairs while she went out the front door. I undressed slowly, cursing when I realized my cardigan was still at the Tomlinson’s, and tossed my clothes into the hamper by my door. I pulled on my purple leggings, oversized gray TOMS hoodie, and shoved my feet into my slipper boots, before trudging downstairs. Kinsley was already sat on the couch, her sweatshirt off to reveal a baggy white t-shirt over her sweats, and pouring cheap red wine into glasses for us.

“I know you normally don’t like this cheap stuff, but it’s all I had at the house,” she said, placing the cup in my hands.

“Anything would do right now, even goon,” I said taking a large sip, “Thanks again for doing this. I know you probably had better plans than listening to me cry, and eat junk food.”

“Yeah, like hanging out with my non-existent boyfriend,” she said rolling her eyes, “You’re my best friend, Payton. I’ll always be here for you. Speaking of, tomorrow, how about a girls day out tomorrow? My friend, Briley, asked me to go to lunch, and I know she wouldn’t mind if you tagged along.”

“I don’t know, Kinsley, I don’t want to impose on your time with another friend,” I said toying with the stem of the glass.

“Nonsense, she’ll love you, so you’re coming, no questions asked, “Now, since I’m the perfect best friend, I brought your favorite movie to watch. Ready for some Titanic action?”

I nodded eagerly, pouring more wine into my now almost empty glass, and fell back against the cushions. I had tears in my eyes from the moment the film started, something that happened every time I watched it, and curled my legs under me to get more comfortable. I silently mouthed the words, making Kinsley laugh more than once, and made sure to keep my glass fully loaded at all times.

By the time Jack and Rose were in the freezing water, it was safe to say I was drunk. I had tears pouring from my eyes, most of which I assumed were from the nights previous events, and tried to keep my sobs down so I wouldn’t wake a now sleeping Kinsley.

In my mind, Louis and I had always been a friends-only version of Jack and Rose. He always reminded me that I needed to follow my dreams, and that I deserved to be happy, promising that he would make it happen. I had always believed him, even if I thought he was downright insane, and felt safe around him in so many ways. He had always been my rock, but now, I felt like I had nothing to grasp onto, making me sob even harder.

I was still crying when the credits finished rolling, and tucked Kinsley into the couch, knowing it’d be impossible to wake her up to move her to the guest room. I gathered our glasses, hers still half full, and took them with the wine into the kitchen. I finished her glass, not wanting to waste any, and put them in the sink, promising myself to wash them in the morning. My head felt woozy at the sudden rush of alcohol, and I had to put my hands on the counter so I wouldn’t topple over. When I finally felt like I wasn’t about to throw up, I staggered to the door, nearly screaming when I heard the knocks against it.

Against my better judgment, I quickly opened the door, only to be met with a swaying Louis. My head was screaming for me to slam the door in his face, but my heart wouldn’t let me.

“What are you doing here?” I slurred, using the door as support.

“I needed to see you, and apologize,” he said, stepping inside while closing the door, “Can we talk in the living room or something?”

“Kin-Kinsley’s asleep in there,” I stuttered out, trying to back away from him, “We can talk in my room, come on.”

I instinctively took his hand, and pulled him up the stairs two at a time, before practically shoving him into my room. I took a seat at the foot of my bed, thinking he would do the same, but just watched as he ghosted his fingers across the frames I had placed on top of my vanity. His face kept changing from happy, to sad, and even to pained every now and then. When he finally turned to meet my eyes, I bit at my bottom lip, not quite knowing what to expect from him.

“I’m sorry,” we both sputtered out at the same time.

“Payton, you have absolutely nothing to be sorry for,” Louis said, finally sitting next to be.

“But, I never told you abou-“ I started, only to have him place a finger against my lips.

“I know why you didn’t though. You always wanted to stay happy, and you knew that news would break my heart, and pull me away from my dreams,” he whispered, the alcohol on his breath now evident, “I should’ve hugged you when I saw you, told you it would all be okay. And what do I do? I yell at you, for something you don’t deserve to be yelled at for.

“Fuck, you don’t deserve to be yelled at ever. I’m such an arse, I always promised I’d keep you happy, and now I know that I’m the one that’s the reason you have mascara on your cheeks. I’m so, so sorry Payton. I really didn’t mean anything I said. I just-“

I wasn’t sure what caused my next actions, but my brain got tired of his rambling, and I leaned forward to shut him up with a kiss. As soon as our lips touched, he froze, and I jumped back, not exactly knowing what to do. I opened my eyes, looking directly into his darkened ones, and met him halfway, in a sloppy kiss. His hand tugged my neck closer to his, and I wrapped mine in his hair as I shifted into his lap.

Our tongues fought for dominance, neither one of us backing down, and I had to suppress a moan as he fingers dug into my hips. I let him take my shirt off, helping him toss it to the side carelessly, and moved my lips to his neck so I could pepper kisses along his jawline. A moan got caught in his throat, and I smirked against his skin, causing him to flip us over so he was hovering over me. He took my moment of shock as an opportunity to attack my neck in love bites, making me writhe beneath him, and finally letting a moan pass my swollen lips.

I tugged at the bottom of his sweater, eagerly taking it off as he detached his lips from mine, and arched my back up so he could remove my bra easily. Once we were both topless, our hands were all over each other, and the kissing seemed to intensify. Our pants followed shortly after, and it wasn’t long until I was fumbling in my bedside drawer for the small, foil packet.

The rest of the night passed in a blur, and I was still feeling buzzed when we rolled away from each other, panting to catch our breaths. I closed my eyes, raking my fingers through my tangled hair, and let out a sigh, not quite comprehending what had just happened. Louis shifted next to me, pulling the duvet over our bodies, and the two of us were asleep in a matter of moments.
♠ ♠ ♠
Tada! I hope you all enjoyed it!
also, since comments on here are wonky, you can go leave a review on it here