Our Quiet Moments

Morning Shower

Hands holding, lips brushing, your eyes holding mine intensely; quiet taking over, bodies humming with the sparks in the air. Your hand comes up and brushes my hair back, comes to my chin to lift my face just so, so we’re full on staring into each other.

I see my everything in those eyes; my life, my love, my passion, all of it. I see the reason for my heartbeat. You have my heart in your hands, and how could I not love you?

As if you sense my thoughts, you lean forward that small, extra inch or two so our mouths connect. And all I need is you, right now, here with me, in this moment. Nothing sexual, although those times are nice too; just pure affection in the way you hold me.

The perfection of our morning shower is interrupted by Johnny pounding on the door. “Damn it, guys, I know you like to shower together, but hurry it up!”

“Mood killer,” I mumble, eyes closed. Your laugh embraces me as you kiss me quickly.

“Don’t worry, baby; we’ll have another quiet minute later, alright? I promise.” You murmur back, hands now cupping my face, as delicate as if it where glass.

I slide my eyes open and look at yours. “Okay; you’re my heart.”

You rest your forehead on mine again. “I love our little moments; I love you.”