Status: My first original fic! Loading...slowly but surely...

Hunting Normality.

Prologue.

My name is Jade Shadows. I don’t know how I got to be so involved in all this mess. It started out as such an innocent adventure. Okay, maybe not so innocent, but still. I never wanted it to turn out like this. I don’t want to be a cliché, but I should’ve listened to my parents. My mother always told me ‘be careful what you wish for.’ Of course, as a young adult, I would answer ‘yeah, yeah.’ Well, I regret it now. You must be wondering what the hell I’m going on about. Put simply, monsters are real. The one under your bed, the thing lurking in your closet, they’re real. Now, I know what you're thinking. Probably something along the lines of 'I know, Supernatural already covered this.' See, that's kind of where this little idea f mine came from. 'Come on, Dom! It'll be fin!' That's my sister, Dominique. Yes, it's a French name, we're from Quebec. Living in Canada's a real pain in the ass. We don’t really have a way of communicating with hunters we don't already know. It fucking sucks, 'cause we can't possibly know everything! Mind you, we know a hell of a lot more than when we started. In case you hadn’t noticed, this will not be a swear free story. If I had to, I would rate most chapters PG-13 for adult language, but some may even be NC-17 for worst things. I say worst...It might not be worst in the actual sense of the word, but I still wouldn’t let a 13 year old read it! What can I say, I’m old fashioned. Sue me. If you were looking for a happy book about a love triangle with glowing vampires that are all nice and have their souls and shit, you’ve clearly come to the wrong place. This story is not nice. This is not a happy apple pie story. Don’t let the beginning fool you. This is a story that will be filled with suspense, blood, gore, fights, sex, swearing and the likes. This story doesn’t have a fairy tale ending, in case you were looking for one. This is a hunter’s story. This is my story.

It's funny, because I used to despise anything that could be considered normal. Now, being a hunter and knowing about all the gory things that hang around in the dark(not always necessarily in the dark), all that's left for me to do is hunting normality.