Sequel: Handful of Negatives
Status: Lifetime: 25.04.12 - 18.05.12

A Chuisle mo Chroi

03. The Signs

As we drove into the parking lot behind the venue, I couldn’t help wondering if we were allowed to park here; the lot was completely empty, all it needed was a glowing, green, neon light sign that read, ‘vacancy’.

“Hey Nyx, are we able to park here?” Georgie asked, voicing my thoughts.

“Of course,” Nyx replied, pulling into one of the many available parking spots. Then she explained, “We have VIP passes.”

Georgie and I busted up laughing. There was absolutely no logic to Nyx’s reasoning.

Ignoring us, she turned off the ignition, then pulled up the hand brake and opened her door, snatching her backpack from the backseat before leaving us in the car. Still slightly giggling, we opened our doors exiting the car as well. Just seconds after we shut our doors, the familiar sound of a beep resonated, signaling the car was now locked and the alarm activated.

We wandered the side of the building, circling around, making our way to the front. Rounding the corner we came face to face with a ridiculously, but to be expected, long line.

“Wow,” Georgie whistled, gawking at the entirety of the line.

“Yeah,” I mumbled, just as shocked to see so many fans; all of which were girls except for the sprinkling of fathers, who no doubt were here against their will.

“Good thing we’ve got VIP passes!” Nyx exclaimed rather excitedly, just a tad too loud for my taste.

Girls’ heads turned impossibly fast at the sound of Nyx’s voice. A hoard of illusive daggers shot, all of them aimed at us by jealous fangirls.

“Whoops. Was I too loud?” Nyx inquired, cringing away from the masses of hateful glares.

I shook my head at her, not bothering to answer her rhetorical question. Waving a hand for them to follow, I made my way towards the front of the line, disregarding the blatant stares.

Halfway to the entrance, I stopped in my tracks as I overheard a gaggle of girls spitting out insults about Niall.

“Jax, what’s wrong?” my sister questioned, confused as to why I stopped walking.

Jerking my head at the group of girls, I informed the two, “Niall haters.”

They nodded their heads knowingly, glancing at the girls huddled in a circle; they were utterly oblivious to us. Leisurely, I cracked my knuckles, preparing my fists to make an acquaintance with the girls’ faces.

Readied to throw some punches, I started to make my way over, when Nyx lifted an arm blocking me.

“Wait,” she instructed, “I have an idea.”

Clambering her hand around in her backpack, she produced a sharpie and her giant sketchpad that she carried with her everywhere. Georgie and I exchanged looks, the both of us equally puzzled as we watched Nyx fervently scribble in her sketchpad.

“Done,” she exhaled, ripping out three sheets of paper and distributing them amongst us.

“What are you doing?” I asked, my curiosity growing.

“Shh! Okay. Georgie you go stand over there, next to those girls. Jax, you and me stand right here,” she directed, pointing us to our positions.

Georgie hustled over to the group of girls and squeezed in beside them, upsetting the people in line behind her.

“Perfect. Now hold up this side first,” she ordered, flipping the paper around for me, then signaling Georgie, “Hold up your sign and get their attention!”

Georgie nodded, and then lifted her sign that had an arrow pointing to the bunch of girls, underneath in all caps it said, 'Dumb Bitches'.

Tapping on one of their shoulders she got their attention, showing them her sign and then guiding them to look at ours.

Their eyes traveled towards Nyx’s poster, following their gaze I looked up to read, ‘Hey, Dumb Bitches,’ and continuing over to my sign, she wrote, ‘Get the fuck out!’.

Peering over at their expressions, I began laughing; priceless.

Chuckling alongside me, I glanced to see Nyx switch her paper to the opposite side. Following suit, I gazed up at her paper and read, ‘Yeah, we’re talking to you!’ then shifting my view over to my paper it stated, ‘Stop hatin’ on Niall!’.

All three of us erupted into a fit of laughter, unable to control ourselves. Georgie handed her sign over to one of the girls, then apologizing to the people behind her she stepped out of line and stumbled her way back to us. Still cracking up, we skipped on our merrily way to the entrance.

As we turned away, I took one last glimpse of their faces. They looked appalled to say in the least.
♠ ♠ ♠
765 words counted.
- - -
Short & sweet. ;)
Hah, I love this chapter. I just had to include the thing about Niall haters. I really wish people would stop picking on him. His voice is lovely.
Subscribe & leave a comment, please. Constructive criticism is welcome.
Stop hiding in the shadows, don't be a silent reader. (: