Status: Lets Start.

Skin & Bones

Skin

Image

I hadn’t expected to come here and standing back by his bike while I watched Noah walk into the cemetery just didn’t seem right. So after a minute I followed behind him. I wasn’t sure why because then I felt the sudden need to stand back, give Noah privacy as he sat in front of a plaque. It had a lovely ship engraved on it and the name Alex Sanchez.

I stood back trying to give Noah privacy. Maybe I had over stepped a boundary by following him and turned to head back to wait at the bike, like I was supposed to.

“Mia, come here.” I heard him say even though my back was turned to him and I was retreating away. So I slowly turned around and faced him, he was still sat on the floor though he was looking at me. I don’t know why I was so scared to sit next to him.

“You don’t listen do you?” He chuckled

“I’m sorry.” I mumbled

“It’s okay,” He was silent for a moment before he continued “You know I think Alex would have laughed at me for bringing you with me, for liking you in the first place.” He liked me…

“Why, would he laugh?”

“Because we are so opposite Princess, you are sweet and kind and so innocent and I’m…” He let his words drift. But I hated how he sounded like he was bad or negative.

“And your what Noah?” I asked testing him, he just shook his head at me, like he was telling me to drop it and because of where we were I did drop it.

“Come on.” He stood and held out his hand for me, we didn’t go far before he sat again this time it read ‘John Green’. The atmosphere had changed Noah sat closer to the plaque and I knew he needed privacy, so I stood back.

He sat leaning over the plaque for a few minutes mumbling something I couldn’t hear and raking his hands through his already messy hair. I hated feeling helpless I like couldn’t do anything to help him.