Status: Lets Start.

Skin & Bones

Skin

Image

We had been traveling home for about an hour when I noticed the clouds above us start to get dark. And I heard the thunder before I saw the lightning. It came in great big flashes in the not so distant future and scared the hell out of me.

Though Noah just kept driving and with one last great flash of lightning the clouds opened up and pelted us with big, fat raindrops. This was no sun shower; this was intense, heavy rain and being on a motorbike petrified me. I held onto Noah even tighter if that was possible.

“Noah.” I tried to scream at him over the noise and chaos of the rain and the bike, I wanted off.

“I know Mia, just hold on.” He yelled back, his voice urgent, like maybe he was scared too. We kept driving for a couple more minutes before we started to slow down and I realized we were pulling up at what looked like a cheap highway side motel. Pulling into under cover parking I calmed down a little, as the bike stopped and Noah got off helping me off as well.

He pulled me to him, both of us soaking wet and I was shaking from being so god damn scared.
“Its alright princess,” Noah cooed, “We will stay here tonight wait out this storm and get home tomorrow.” I nodded not trusting my voice to say anything yet.

Noah could only afford the smallest hotel room for the night but that was just fine with me. We just had to get out of that storm and maybe get warmed up before we both got sick.

Noah pulled me into the small room it consisted of a queen-sized bed, a small empty bar fridge and a small bathroom.

“Are you okay?” Noah asked, I nodded “Mia?”

“I’m fine that was just scary, and I’m freezing.” I chuckled

“I know come here,” he pulled me into him kissing the side of my head. “Go have a shower and warm up, throw me your clothes ill go find a clothes dryer in the building.” He told me still not letting go of me, I didn’t want him to.

“And then what will I wear?” I giggled

“Just jump into bed in your underwear…I’m not having you cold and getting sick, I promised you I wasn’t going to let anything happen to you.”