Status: Lets Start.

Skin & Bones

Skin

Image

After Noah had apologized that day I headed home, my mind was a little messed up and needed to be sorted I had to be alone for that. I couldn’t imagine Noah ever apologizing for anything in his life. And to top it off he called me Mia instead of princess the way it rolled off his tongue he sounded shy like he was testing it for the first time. It was kind of lovely.

But before I could escape to the refuge of my room my mother stopped me she must have been peeking out the window.

“I don’t want you talking to that boy next door Mia, he is only bad news.” She spoke sternly; my mother wore the pants in this house.

“I have barley said two words to him.” I told her.

“Well that’s good I have heard some very bad stuff about him and I don’t want you to have anything to do with him.”

“What kind of stuff?” was it bad I was trying to test her see if she was as bad as everyone at school?

“Just stuff Mia, you’re too young and sweet to know what kind of stuff, just stay away from him.” How old did she think I was?

Sunday mornings in Green Up were ritual no shops were open not even the local baker who was always open. Instead the entire town gathered and went to church. Dressed in their Sunday best.

For me I believed in God and I followed my religion because I didn’t know anything else that was the way I was brought up. And that was all there was too it. We would sit and pray and preach for at least a good hour we would make small talk as we left, thank the priest who so happened to be my uncle and head home.
But one person changed the ritual, I found him outside his house after church I had gone straight home left my parents talking to their friends in front of the church. Noah was working on his bike; honestly I had no idea what he was doing.

“I didn’t see you in church.” I spoke up heading over to him across the lawn.

“You won’t ever see me in church love.” He quirked an eyebrow

“Why?”

“Just…” he shook his head “To much stuff has happened too many demons for me to ever enter that place Princess.” I nodded head tilted down suddenly interested in my little black shoes.

“Why are you suddenly talking to me, you have avoided me most of the week?” he questioned

“Why do you call me Princess?”

“Why aren’t you scared of me like everyone else in this town?”

“Cause I don’t believe the rumors” he held my gaze for what felt like ages after that, I couldn’t look away his eyes to deep and brown that they told of stories of his past.

“Come with me.” His words were quiet and husky

“What, where?” I asked now maybe a little afraid

“I’m going home for a couple days, come with me.”

“Noah” I shook my head

“Look I leave in ten minutes okay, go inside change what your wearing throw on jeans and boots and a hoody grab a bag with one change of clothes and meet me back here. If you’re not back in ten minutes I’m gone.” He told me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please Don't Be Silent Readers.